Chapter 59: Different

Penelope woke Bella up and the girl got ready for school quickly. Penelope dropped her off and went back to the BAU in a hurry.
School and work went fine for them.

During lunch Emily called Bella.

"Hello?" Bella said.

"Hi baby it's mom"

"Hi, I know"

"Is everything okay?" Emily asked noticing Bella didn't sound very excited to hear her voice.

"Yup. Everything is fine." The girl said.

"I just called to tell you to go to Chloe's house, okay? I've talked to Hilary and she'll pick you guys up today" Emily said.

"Why can't I stay with Penelope?" Bella asked trying not to sound upset.

"she'll be really really busy today. We're working nonstop to get this guy. You understand that, right?" Emily said.

"Sure" Bella said trying not to sound upset.

"Alright. I'll see you soon Bells" Emily said.

"Oh mom! I forgot to tell you!" Bella said as she saw Ro walking back in the lounge, she had gone to the bathroom. "I made a new friend" Bella said.

"You did?" Emily asked surprised.

"Yeah. Her name is Rose" Bella smiled as her new friend sat next to her.

"Well, you should invite her over sometime. I want to meet her" Emily said. She had a big smile on her face. She was happy Bella was making friends. She knew the girl texted Cameron sometimes but they had lost their "connection". Bella didn't really talk about her anymore.

"I will" Bella said.

"I gotta go now but I'll see you soon" Emily said.

"Okay. Bye. I love you" Bella said.

"I love you too" Emily said. "Bye"

"Bye"

And they hung up.
Emily walked out of the police station with JJ as the team had a new lead.

At school Bella ate lunch with her friends and even though she wanted to go stay with Penelope after a while she felt kind of okay to go to Chloe's house.

"My mom said I'm going to your house" Bella told Chloe as they sat inside their classroom again.

"You are?" Chloe asked excited.

"Yes" Bella laughed.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

Later that day at Chloe's house, the girls were doing homework when the bell rang. It was almost 7 when Hilary opened the door and Emily was standing there.

"Hi" Emily said. "I came to pick her up" she added.
Isabella heard her mother's voice and ran to the door.

"Mom!" The girl said running to Emily's arms. She missed her. Emily gave her a big hug.

"Let's go home?" Emily said with a smile.

"Yes" Bella smiled. "Let me get my things" the girl said and ran to get her stuff.

.

They walked inside the apartment and Bella actually missed that place too. She put her bag on the floor behind the couch and sat on the couch. Emily sat next to her looking exhausted.

"Hard case?" Bella asked laying her head on Emily's lap.

"Yeah" Emily said taking a deep breath. It had been a long week.
They sat there silently for a while and then Emily said "I must shower" and Bella sat up and Emily went upstairs.