Chapter 23: Surprise

(Friday)

It was a little passed 8 when Emily's phone started ringing. She woke up with a jump to find JJ calling.
"Hello?" She said sounding sleepy.
"Oh did I wake you?" JJ asked feeling guilty.
"No it's fine" Emily said. "Is everything okay?" She asked.
"Yeah. I just wanted to let you know we're going to be on the plane in around 30 minutes so I thought we could maybe hang out, you, Bella, Garcia and I, when we get back" she said.
"Sure. I think Bella would love that" Emily said.
"Okay so I see you soon" JJ said.
They hang up.

Emily got up and went to the bathroom and then went to check on Bella who was still fast asleep. She decided to cook breakfast before going to wake Bella. She made scrambled eggs and fresh orange juice and then went up to wake Bella. When she got to Isabella's bedroom the bed was empty.
"Bella?" She called heading to the bathroom to check. No sound was heard. She headed to her bedroom.
"Bella?" She said as she opened the door. She found Bella all curled up on her bed, with her face in the middle of the two pillows.

Isabella had woken up from a nightmare again and went to Emily's bed but Emily wasn't there. Bella didn't want to go looking for her mom while she was crying so she decided to just lay down on her bed and wait till the horrible feeling was gone.
"Hey. What's wrong?" Emily asked worried walking over to the bed. Isabella didn't answer.
"Hey I made you scrambled eggs and some juice... hunm? Would you like some?" She asked running her hand on Bella's back.
"Yes" Bella said sitting up.
Emily could see she had been crying. Emily wiped her face and said "What happened?"
"I just woke up not feeling very good. That's all. Can we go eat now?" Bella said fast and avoiding eye contact.
"Bella. What did we talk about? You need to tell me so I can help" Emily said pulling Bella's chin up in order to make her look at her.
"You can help by giving me breakfast" Bella said serious not wanting to talk about what happened.
"Alright, come on" Emily said with a sad smile and they went downstairs.

After eating they sat to watch some tv. Emily pulled Bella to her lap and let her down like a baby.
"Can you stay like this for a little while?" Emily asked.
"Sure" Bella said confused.
"I could hold you like this forever, you know" Emily said.
"I could stay like this forever too mom" Isabella said smiling and hugging Emily tight. They just hugged and watched tv. It wasn't long till Bella was out. Emily was impressed that she actually fell asleep because she knew the kid slept pretty much the entire night.
Emily stayed there holding her girl till around 11:30 when Isabella jumped awake.
"Hey it's alright I'm here" Emily said as fast as Bella woke up and hugged her. "I'm here. I'm here. It's okay" she said as her daughter cried.

Isabella started wiping the tears with anger.
"Hey don't" Emily said running her thumb softly on Bella's cheek to wipe the tears. Isabella just let her mom do that and stayed there quiet.
"So... do you want to talk about it now?" Emily asked, of course hoping for a yes.
"Can we talk before bed? I don't really want to do that right now" Bella said. Emily was surprise about the 'before bed'.
"Alright. Before bed then" she said wiping another tear that feel down on Bella's face. "So how about you shower now? You kinda stink" she said smiling.
"No i do not" Isabella said smiling embarrassed.
"Yeah you don't but go shower before you start to" Emily smiled and started to tickle Bella on the ribs.
"Oh no no mom please stop" Bella giggled. "Stoooooop" she begged and Emily pulled her into a hug stopping.
"I love you" Emily said.
"I love you too" Bella replied.
"Now go stinky face" Emily said kissing Bella's cheek and Bella got up and ran upstairs.

Isabella took a shower while Emily cooked some spaghetti. They had lunch and then sat to watch tv.
"JJ is coming over later today. I think Penelope might come too" Emily said.

"Cool" Bella smiled.

"We could maybe see if the team wants to go somewhere for dinner." Emily said.

"okay" Bella said not looking very excited.