Chapter 28: Friday Night Out

At home both, Emily and Bella, went straight to the shower to get ready to go out. Isabella was excited to have her friends over. She showered and got dressed. She wore black leggings, a navy blue top with a black leather jacket and her keds flats. She blow dried her hair, poorly, and headed to look for her mother.

"Mom? Can you braid it?" Isabella asked walking into Emily's bedroom.

"Sure. Come here" Emily said and Bella walked to her.

"You look good mom" Bella smiled handing the brush to Emily.

"Thank you. You too" Emily said. Emily wore jeans, a blue top and her regular work boots.

"So how do you want it?" Emily asked.

"Two braids" Bella said.

"Penelope's?" Emily asked smiling.

"Yup" Bella agreed. Emily smiled big and started doing Bella's hair.

"So what happened at school today? What did those girls said?" Emily asked.

"Just the regular stuff" Bella said.

"What regular stuff?" Emily asked confused and worried.

"That we are nerds and stuff like that" Bella said.

"And what did you do?" Emily asked.

"Nothing" Bella said a bit disappointed.

"You didn't say anything?" Emily asked.

"Not to them" Bella said. She wanted to laugh remembering what had happened but she managed to keep a straight face.

"Oh honey" Emily said finishing Isabella's hair. She hugged the girl.

"It's fine mom" Bella said and turned around to face her. "Don't worry. It's fine." Bella said and the intercom rang.

"Well," Emily said "it must be your friend" and they headed downstairs. Emily answered and it was Gavin and his mother Colette. She buzzed them in and waited for them at the door.

"I'm gonna call Chloe to let her know he's here" Bella said walking to the living room while her mother stayed at the door.

After a while the elevator door opened and the two came out.
"Hi. I'm Colette. Gavin's mother" Colette said. The woman wasn't very tall but had a beautiful long dark brown hair and looked like a super nice person.

"I'm Emily" Emily said shaking the woman's hand. "Come on in. Bella went to call Chloe" she said and they walked in.

"What a lovely apartment" Colette said nicely.

"Thank you" Emily said and suddenly Bella walked downstairs.

"Hi" she said shyly.

"You must be Bella. I've heard so much about you" Colette said smiling at the girl.

"Hey" Gavin said and Isabella smiled at him.

"Chloe is coming up. Can we wait for her at the elevator?" Bella asked.

"Sure" Emily said smiling.

"Can I go?" Gavin asked his mom.

"Of course" Colette said and the kids ran out.

"So... Gavin told me you work for the FBI" Colette said.

"Yeah. I work at the BAU" Emily said.

"Behavior?" Colette asked.

"Yeah" Emily said a little intrigued. Colette didn't look like the type of woman to know much about the bureau.

Colette noticed that and said "my brother-in-law works for the beyond borders division"