Chapter 66: In Her Eyes

At their floor, Emily and Bella got out of the elevator and went to their apartment.

Bella took her shoes off and left them behind the door.

"Did you have fun?" Emily asked the girl.

"Yeah" Bella smiled and walked to the kitchen.

"Nice flowers you got there" Emily smiled and Bella smiled back.

But the girl's smile faded faster than it appeared.

Emily just knew why.
She wrapped Bella in her arms and said "He would have loved it"

"Yeah" Bella said sounding like she was about to cry.

Emily pulled the girl's chin up in order for the child to look at her and said "he would have been very proud of you" and smiled while wiping a tear on Bella's face.

"I miss him" Bella said.

"I know you do" Emily said tucking a lock of hair behind the girl's ear.

"It was nice that Jeremy got me flowers like dad used to" Bella said.

"Yeah it was very nice of him" Emily smiled. She could see now that the girl was okay. "I'll find a pretty vase and we can put it on your desk. How about that?" She said.

Bella nodded and gave her a small smile.
Emily let go of the hug and went to get a vase from a cabinet in the kitchen.
"How about this one?" She asked Bella who gave her a nod.
Emily put some water in it and helped the girl put the flowers in.

"Can you take it upstairs? I don't wanna break it" Bella said and Emily smiled, got the vase and they headed up.
Emily put it on the top of Isabella's desk.

"It looks nice" Bella said.

"Yeah" Emily smiled.

They stared at it for a while and then Emily said "let's shower and then bed?"

"Sure" Bella said walking to her wardrobe.

Emily walked to her bathroom and Bella got her pajamas and went to shower.
The girl showered fast and went to Emily's bed. She put her blanket under the pillow and got under the covers.
Emily walked out of the bathroom and smiled as she found the girl fast asleep. She turned the light off and laid next to Bella. She pushed some hair away from the girl's face, kissed her cheek and said "sleep tight". She smiled and Bella moved closer to her in her sleep. She wrapped the girl in her arms.

That night Emily realized Isabella had accepted and processed the fact that her father was gone. She saw how the girl dealt with the fact she really missed him.

Emily felt relived and proud.

When she took Bella to DC she knew the girl probably would have a hard time but she also knew her daughter was strong. And Bella had proved her just that.
After everything the child had been through, she was still showing how an amazing person she was.
Emily always knew that, but seeing it all up close just made her even prouder.

She had doubts before about a lot of things but she now believed Bella would be alright.
She believed she was enough.
She was enough to take care of Bella and make her happy.
She had no doubts about that now.

She hugged Isabella a bit tighter and the girl opened her eyes.
Emily smiled and Bella smiled back.

As Emily stared at her baby's eyes she saw happiness and she saw love.

Isabella was everything to her.
And looking in her eyes she felt peace.

She was where she had to be.
With whom she had to be.
And she could not be happier to finally have her baby with her.

*The End of Book 1*

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

****So guys, I've decided to publish this story in parts. The first one was this which went on till they were together and okay, till Emily saw that she was the only person Isabella really needed.
The second part is another "book" here.

BOOK TWO is called "The Hunting Hour" AND ITS UP ALREADY!!

And you can see "Prentiss Series - 2" written on the cover.

And yes that book will involve Doyle.

I hope you enjoyed this story and that you will be back for the second part =)
Thank you for reading book 1 ! ❤️
Xo - B