Chapter 31: She's Back

Isabella woke up with the alarm clock on Tuesday morning. She got ready for school and had breakfast. She decided to change backpacks so she got one of her old ones that she used to use at boarding school. When she opened it she found one of her father's scrub caps, a dark blue one with constellations on it.
She stared at it for a while remembering seeing her dad wearing it. She felt her eyes start to sting but pushed away the tears before Shepherd could see her like that. She put the cap back on the bag and placed her things inside.
Suddenly Shepherd appeared at the door.

"Hey. Someone wants to talk to you" Shepherd said handing the phone to Bella.

"Hello?" Isabella said.

"It's me" Emily said.

"Hi. Are you coming back?" Isabella asked really fast and excited.

"Oh not yet baby" Emily said feeling and sounding sorry and Bella looked down sad. "But I'll be home soon" Emily promised.

"So why did you call?" Isabella asked.

"To say good morning" Emily said with a smile. She loved hearing her girl's voice even though she could tell she was a little upset.

"Good morning then" Bella said managing a small smile.

"Well, also I wanted to tell you to go to the office after school, okay? Penelope will be waiting for you there." Emily said.

"Okay" Bella said.

"We gotta go" Shepherd told Bella.

"Mom I have to go or I'm gonna be late" Isabella said.

"Alright. Have fun at school and I'll see you soon baby" Emily said.

"See you soon" Bella said.

"Bye" Emily said.

"Be careful" Bella said really fast.

"I will, pumpkin" Emily said. "Bye"

"Bye" Bella said and they hung up. She got her backpack and walked to the door.

"Are you alright?" Shepherd asked.

"Yup" she lied. "Let's go. I don't wanna be late"

Shepherd drove Bella to school and they promised to see each other soon. He headed to the airport and she headed to class.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

School was great.
Bella, Gavin and Chloe just hung out and talked when they weren't paying attention or when they were on a break. Isabella really liked her friends. For their luck the bullies didn't say anything that day, they just stared at them sometimes and whispered things to each other.
When the last bell rang Gavin ran for the school's theater and the two girls headed outside. Chloe got on her bus first and then Bella headed to hers. She was very nervous of staying just her and Penelope and she really hoped her mom would go back that day.

"Hello my tiny sugarplum" Penelope said walking fast to Bella and hugging her as she entered the BAU.

"I am super busy so let's hang out at my office, alright?" Penelope said.

"Okay" Bella smiled shyly and followed Penelope to her lair.

"Make yourself at home" Garcia said pointing to the couch. Isabella sat on the couch and got her homework out. She had been working on it for a while when Derek Morgan called Penelope.

"Hey baby girl can you work some magic for me?" He said and Bella smiled at the way he talked.

"Of course I can my love" Penelope said flirty. Bella let out a laugh and Derek heard.