Chapter 22: Let's Talk School

The ride to the park was quiet.
Emily wanted to give Bella some space after all the yelling so she stayed quiet.

At the park they walked around for hours, chit chatting about things they were seeing.
They sat on a bench facing the lake.

"I guess this city is not so bad" Bella said resting her head on Emily's arm and making her mother smile.

The kid just loved that park. She felt so calm walking around with the cold wind hitting her face.

They sat there for a while and then Emily said "are you hungry?"

Isabella looked at her mother who had a big hopeful smile on her face.
"Sure" Bella said shyly. She wasn't really hungry but now she felt like if she needed to she could tell her mother why.

They headed to an Italian restaurant.
Bella got spaghetti and Emily ravioli. Once again the amount of food was a lot and Bella knew she wouldn't be able to finish it all.

"Mom?" She asked embarrassed.

"Yes?" Emily said and stared at Bella waiting for her to talk.

"Can I eat just half?" She asked wishing she could hide her face. She could feel her cheeks were red.

"Half and then desert?" Emily asked smiling.

"Okay. Deal." Bella said and then stuffed spaghetti in her mouth. Emily let out a laugh.

They ate and Bella ate exactly what she was supposed to.

"Can we have ice cream for desert?" Isabella asked.

"Wanna share a Sunday?" Emily asked smiling.

"Yeah" Bella smiled back.

After eating Emily knew she had eaten way more than half of the Sunday herself but she could see Isabella was more relaxed.

"So... do you want to go to the movies now?" Emily asked hopeful.

"Can we do that another time?" Bella asked. "I'm kind of tired and I don't want to sleep there again" Bella said.

"Sure" Emily said. "So let's go? I need to get groceries"

Emily paid and they left.

In the car Emily told Bella what she wanted to get at Walmart and Bella typed it all on her phone. Emily also said she could pick some things she liked, snacks for school and things like that. So they bought everything and actually had a great time together. Bella felt good that she went grocery shopping with her mom and for the first time it felt normal to just be outside with her. They headed home, unloaded the groceries and watched tv the rest of the afternoon.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

Around 6 Bella went upstairs to her room and Emily stayed downstairs cooking dinner.

"Bell. Dinner's ready" Emily said opening Bella's bedroom door and stopping there.

"I'll be right down. Let me just finish this chapter." Bella said with a "Judy Moody" book in hands.

"Okay, don't be long or it will get cold" Emily said and she headed downstairs with a big smile on her face. She was happy there was no 'I'm not hungry' or 'leave me alone's".
It wasn't long till Bella went down. She headed to the table to find Emily sitting there waiting for her.

"So I made chicken breasts, rice and a salad. I'm not the greatest chef but I hope you don't hate it" Emily said laughing.

Isabella made her plate and it was with a kind of decent amount of food. Emily would have put more but she thought the amount was alright for an 8 year-old.
Bella ate a bit and said "it's actually good, mom". And she continued eating and that made Emily smile big.