Chapter 62: Apologies

Agent Wiles and Mazzy walked in and right behind them was Yuna with her mom and dad.

Isabella's heart seemed like it was about to come out of her chest. All she could think was 'what the hell are they doing here?'

"Agents, this is Gregory and Jacqueline Maguire, they are Yuna's parents" Kyle said. "This is Emily Prentiss. Isabella's mother" he told the couple and Emily shook their hands politely still a bit confused.

"Well, we had a meeting with the school's principal yesterday and we could not be more ashamed of our daughters' behavior." Kyle said. "We find it unacceptable. They had no right to talk like they did or hurt anyone like they did" he said and Emily nodded slightly. "They came to apologize" Kyle said and Isabella sat on Derek's lap and looked away from them. She did not want to talk to them.

"We sincerely apologize as their parents. We should have known this was happening and we should have stopped it" Gregory said.

"It never went through our minds that our daughter would do something like this" Yuna's mother, Jacqueline, said.

"If you are interested they are grounded" Kyle said looking at the two girls who looked so embarrassed it was almost uncomfortable to be in the same room.
"And they will NOT do anything like this again" he said. "Will you?" He asked them.

"No" both girls said.

The parents just looked at Emily as if they were waiting for Bella to go talk to them. So Emily walked to the girl who was clearly trying to hide.

"Come here" Emily said low, and grabbed Bella's hand.

"No" Bella said serious and grabbed a handful of Derek's shirt with her other hand.

"It's okay, honey. Come here with me. They won't hurt you" Emily whispered on Bella's ear and Bella got up. She held Emily's hand tight and walked to them with tears in her eyes.

Kyle gave Mazzy a little push and the girl started talking. "I'm really sorry for what I did to you. It won't happen again" the girl said sounding very rehearsed.

"Mazzy. I want a true apology" Kyle said.

"I'm sorry Bella" the girl said as her eyes filled with tears. "Vanessa kept saying things and I... I just didn't do anything because I didn't want her against me" she said honestly. "I'm really sorry. And I'll never ever bully you again. I never wanted anyone to get hurt. I'm sorry" she said as a couple tears fell.

Everyone could see she was in fact really sorry.
And Bella could definitely tell the girl was just as scared of Vanessa as she was.

Suddenly Yuna started talking and Bella hid behind Emily. It was almost involuntary. The second the girl talked she hid.
She didn't like Yuna at all.

"I'm sorry too" the girl said. "We just followed Vanessa" she added. "It won't happen again" the girl was clearly hating to do that.

"Do you forgive us?" Mazzy asked.

Bella just kept hiding.

"Bells" Emily said looking at the girl expecting a yes. Bella nodded yes and hugged Emily's waist hiding her face on her mother's stomach.

"If any of this happens again" Kyle said looking at Mazzy and Yuna now. "There will be far worse consequences. Do you hear me?" He said and Mazzy nodded yes. "Both of you" he told Yuna and the girl said "yes sir".
He looked at Yuna's parents and they took both girls outside. Kyle walked closer to Emily and Bella. He looked at the girl.

"Look, if they do anything. Any of them. Your mom has my number and you tell her to call me" he said. "Okay?" He asked and Bella nodded.
"I'm really sorry" he said.