Chapter 56: The Baby Is Here

*** 9 years ago...

...

"Emily what's wrong?" John demanded.

"I'm pregnant" she said.

"What?" He asked confused. "Didn't we use a...?" He said.

"I don't remember us using anything" Emily said.

"Are you sure about this?" He asked.

"100%" Emily said copying the doctor who told her. She blinked trying to prevent tears from falling.

"And what are we going to do?" John asked.

"I don't know" she let out almost as a whisper and she felt her entire body shaking as the ocean of tears began to fall from her eyes.

"Oh Em. It's going to be okay" John told her as he walked to her and hugged her. "It's going to be alright" he said and led her to the couch. They sat beside each other and Emily just cried and he just kept hugging her.

After she calmed down a bit she said: "I told my boss. He said... Umm he said I should have an abortion but I can't do that. I can't." She cried.

"You won't." He said serious and she looked straight in his eyes.

"I'll take care .. of the baby. You won't ever have to worry" he said as tears filled his own eyes.

"John you know my job. It's imp-" she said.

"No it's not. Don't say that. It's our child. Ours. If you want to keep it we'll make it possible" John said smiling.

"How?" Emily whispered.

"You can use your contacts to have it somewhere far and hidden and I'll take care of the baby until you're out, until it's fine" he said.

"I don't think it will ever be. Calen is right. I have contacts inside. I was IN there. If any of those people finds out" she said unable to finish as she cried again.

"No one will." John said. "Look we can tell people it's mine with a girlfriend who left or passed away. I don't know. But we'll find a way for you to see it often. We'll make it work. We have to" John said. "We have to. It's our baby" he repeated and Emily hugged him.

She couldn't believe it. She thought he would be angry at her. She had been so scared to tell him and she wasn't expecting anything like that at all.

"We can make it work" Emily said.

"We can" John smiled at her, she smiled back and they hugged for a long time till Emily was back to her regular self without all the tears on her face.

"So 6 weeks?" He asked her after doing some math.

"Yeah" Emily smiled as he placed his hand on her belly.

"I promise you that this kid will have a beautiful and good life. I swear that I'll do everything in my power" he said still touching her belly.

She put her hands above his and laid her head on his shoulder.

"Thank you" she said and they just sat there.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

After talking a bit more they decided what they would do.

Emily was going to say to the people on the case she had been working that she was going to have to move to New Zealand for a while. But she would actually go to New York. John would get her an apartment in his building and since the city was so busy she wouldn't have much of a problem to go unnoticed there. She would stay there till the baby was born and she lost her pregnant belly and then she would go back to Europe and resume her work. Emily would go back to Europe and John would stay in NYC with the child. Whenever it was possible Emily would meet them in Emily's apartment in John's building, or some hotel so she would be able to see the baby.