Chapter 33: Shots Fired

"You can stop right there" Isabella said pointing to where Emily usually parked the car. Penelope drove and parked there.

"So you'll take the bus to the office?" Penelope asked to confirm.

"Yes" Bella smiled and unbuckled.

"Alright, so I'll see you later my little munchkin" Penelope said all perky pulling Bella into a hug and giving her a bunch of kisses. Isabella let go of the hug with a big smile on her face but looking a little embarrassed. She looked to the school and there were her two friends waiting for her and smiling big at her. She smiled back and waved.

"So those are you friends?" Penelope asked happily.

"Yup. Chloe and Gavin" Isabella smiled and the bell rang.

"I gotta go aunt Penny. I'll see you later. Bye" Isabella said really fast and ran out to where her friends were and they ran to class. Before going in she looked back really fast and smiled at Penelope's car in the parking lot. Penelope stayed there for a while letting it sink in that Bella actually called her aunt. She couldn't believe it. She was feeling so happy and so excited. She finally had a niece.
After a while she headed to work.

Inside the school, Bella, Gavin and Chloe hurried to get to class and went to their seats on the front. They got their binders out as the teacher walked in.

"So who was that?" Chloe asked.

"That's my aunt." Isabella said. "Well not really Unm her name is Penelope she works with my mom. She's kinda like an aunt I guess" Bella said.

"She seems cool" Gavin said.

"Yeah. Though very perky." Bella smiled and her friends smiled too. "Well I have to admit I do love all the perkyness" Bella said and Chloe laughed.

The day went great.
At lunch time Gavin wouldn't shut up about choir auditions.
"You guys have to audition!" He said. "It's so cool. The director is awesome and we would have time to actually hang out and have fun together not just sit down and listen to boring teachers"

"I don't know" Chloe said.

"Pleeeease do it for me." He begged. "If you hate it I won't ever make you go back"

"You won't ever bring it up again if we don't like it?" Chloe said and Bella just kept smiling.

"I swear" Gavin said and Chloe looked like she was thinking about it. "Please?!" He begged.

"Alright fine I'll do it" she said. Chloe liked him and she could use some time out of the house and the classroom.

"Bella?" Gavin said to Bella who was just staring at them smiling.

"Sure. Whatever" she said acting like she didn't care at all. She did like singing. At boarding school she was at the drama club and choir because Cameron made her try out and she liked it a little bit and she was really good in it. She could picture herself having fun there with her new friends. And it was just choir; it was not like she would audition for a solo part or anything like that.

"Yes!" Gavin said all excited. The bell rang shortly after that and they headed to class.

Isabella texted Emily to ask if it was okay for her to audition.
'Mom. Choir auditions are today at 4. Gav is begging Chloe and i to audition. Is it okay if I do it? - love, Bella'

After a couple seconds Emily replied.

'Of course it's okay! Go for it! Please tell Penelope you'll get there later and text me once you're in the office. Xx mom'

Bella replied with a smiley face and then texted Penelope.

'Penelope, I have to stay late at school today. I think till 5, maximum. I already told my mom she said it was okay and for me to text you. Gavin goes on my bus. Don't worry. Love, Bella'