Chapter 6: Funerals Sucks

Around 8AM, Emily had already lost count on how many times 'The Wizard Of Oz' had played. She was also impressed by the fact that she wasn't really that tired. She had about 3 hours of sleep that night but she didn't care at all.

JJ texted her asking if it was okay if the team stopped by. She said they would take breakfast. Of course Emily said it was fine. She wanted them there. They could help distract Bella and the kid seemed to have liked them.

Callie woke up. She had been in and out of sleep too, all night.

"Did you sleep?" She asked Emily.

"Just a little" Emily answered.

"At least Bella managed to get some." She said looking sad at Bella, who was sucking her thumb and hugging her stuffy.

"Hey. She's going to be okay Calliope" Emily said.

"I know. She's a tough kid. But that doesn't mean it won't hurt to get there" Callie said sitting on the bed.

"I know. That's why she needs us strong." Emily said.

"She needs us strong so she can break" Callie added.

"Yeah" Emily agreed. They both knew Bella was a rock. She could hide her feelings so well, just like Emily could. But they both knew that Emily was the only thing that took Bella's shield off. They knew that sooner or later a tsunami would come from the kid.

"She will be alright" Emily said reassuring Callie and even herself.

"Do you want something to eat?" Callie asked.

"The team is coming over with breakfast." Emily said.

"Oh good. At least no one has to worry about cooking anything" Callie said.

"Yeah" Emily agreed.

"I'll go see if Jeremy is awake" Callie said as she got off the bed and headed to the door. She went downstairs to find Jeremy and Marley on the couch watching tv, they weren't paying attention really.
"Hi guys" Callie said.

"Hi. How is she?" Jeremy asked.

"Alright." Callie said.

"Did she sleep?" He asked.

"Yeah. She was in and out all night. But she slept way more then what I thought she would" Callie said.

"Good" Marley said.

"Well, Emily said her team is coming with breakfast" Callie said. "I'm just gonna make some coffee. Do you guys want some?"

"I do" Marley said.

"Me too" Jeremy said. He was tired even though he slept all night because of the sleeping pill he took. Too many things were going through his mind. He was scared too.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

Upstairs in Bella's room Emily got another text from JJ saying they were on their way.
She though it would be best to wake up Bella now so she had some time before everyone got there.

"Hey honey wake up" Emily whispered running her hand on Isabella's hair. Bella moved a little and took her thumb out of her mouth.

"Wake up" Emily whispered.

"Hey" she said as soon as Bella's eyes opened. "The team is bringing breakfast"

For a couple of seconds everything that happened the day before was not on Bella's mind. But when they hit her again she hugged her mom as if she was scared of everything around her.

"Oh it's okay. I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. Shuuu shuuuu" Emily said squeezing Bella tight and placing the girl on her lap. A few tears had fallen so she wiped them.