Chapter 13: Hey Brother

The drive to 'Olive Garden' was quiet.
When they got there they got a table for two and sat across each other. Isabella ordered mac and cheese and Emily decided to join. Bella let out a little laugh when Emily told the waitress she wanted the same.

"Hey it's not from the kids menu" Emily laughed.

They talked a bit about how they would ship Bella's things to DC because there was no way they could take all of it on the plane.
Then the food arrived.
Emily noticed Isabella's worried face when she saw the size of the plate. She gave the girl a tender look and said "hey. You don't have to eat all of it"

Bella asked "are you sure?"

Emily smiled and said "yes. Just make sure you put half of it in your belly."

"Okay" Bella said putting some on her mouth. Emily did the same.

"So it's good, right?" Prentiss asked.

"Sure" Bella said trying to control the fact that she just felt like crying and she wanted to get up and run away.

Emily could see on Bella's face that she didn't want to eat but she chose not to mention it.
She started talking about her apartment in DC and Bella got distracted. She got so distracted with the conversation that the feelings started to fade and she didn't even noticed she had eaten almost all the food on her plate.
When she stopped was because she was genuinely full.

"You did an awesome job there" Emily said smiling and giving Bella's hand a squeeze. Isabella smiled back with a proud but quite embarrassed look on her face.

"So now do you want desert?" Emily asked with a smile.

"No mom I'm full" Bella said slightly smiling.

"Okay. So let me pay and we can go" Emily said. She knew Isabella was full and wouldn't want desert. She just asked to show her daughter that she could take a no on that matter.

She payed the bill and they left.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

The drive back home was okay. They talked about some things they could do in DC and Emily told Bella that Hotch gave her a week off. Bella asked about school and Emily said that they would go take a look at some together. Bella wasn't excited at all about school but she knew she would have to go soon. At least anything would be better than boarding school.

When they got home Bella went up to her bedroom and found Jeremy there sitting on her bed staring at the almost empty shelves.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I just came to see if you guys were going over to my place. Callie's already there" he said smiling. "I didn't know you started packing" he said a little disappointed.

"We started this morning" Bella said as Emily stepped inside the room.

"Hi" she said walking over and hugging Jeremy.

"Well... I came to drag you two to my house" he said smiling.

"Let me just change" Bella said like she was totally fine, walking to the bathroom and grabbing shorts on the way.

Jeremy looked surprised at Emily. He didn't think she would want to go.

Once Bella got inside the bathroom he said "so what's happening there?"

Emily told him all that happened since the day before and he said
"that's a big step she's taking. Maybe too fast even, so be there in case you know... She falls a couple back"

"Don't worry. After forcing her breakfast this morning I think I can do it" Emily said letting out a laugh. She still couldn't believe she did that. She was an fbi agent, yes, but the thought of being too hard on her daughter always scared her and now she would have to deal with Bella on her own. Isabella had always been a sweet, smart and loving child but she knew how kids could be.