Chapter 41: Super Sick

Upstairs Emily went inside the room to find Bella in tears on Morgan's lap. Emily could see how hard the child's grip was on the man's shirt. She could tell the kid was terrified.

"She threw up again" Derek said. Isabella had told him she wasn't feeling so good then she just ran to her bathroom and went heavy into the toilet. He helped her up as she cried and threw up.

"Let's shower, honey" Emily said. "It's gonna make you feel a bit better" she said walking to them. She held Bella's hand and they went to the bathroom. Emily helped Bella with her clothes, Isabella was embarrassed but she just wanted her mom to stay there with her. She got in the shower and Emily said "I'm gonna get your pajamas. I'll be right back" and she left the bathroom.

Derek was still sitting on Bella's bed and JJ and Penelope were with him.

"How's she?" Penelope asked.

"Pretty shaken up but she'll be alright." Emily said looking for pajamas on Bella's wardrobe. She picked long sleeves and pants because it was cold and the kid had pneumonia.
She went inside the bathroom again and Bella was already wrapped in a towl.
"you're done?" Emily asked and Bella nodded yes. She got dressed with her mother's help. Emily couldn't help but noticed a purple bruise on the girls leg from one of the shots.

She hugged Isabella tight when she finished and they went back to the bedroom. Isabella sat on the bed next to Penelope who hugged her. Emily moved the covers down.

"You should try and get some sleep," Emily whispered sitting on the bed and Bella moved next to her. "You'll feel better in the morning."

"Will you stay?" Bella sniffed quietly.

"Sure baby" Emily responded, moving to lay Bella down, keeping an arm wrapped around her as she lay down beside her.

"We'll be downstairs" Derek said.

"Goodnight" Penelope and JJ said in unison.

"Goodnight" Emily said and they walked out.

"Hey. anything" Derek said.

Emily smiled in a way of thanking them for being there. "Make yourself at home" she said.

"Mom?..My blanket" Bella said while tears filled her eyes.

"Where did you put it?" Emily asked.

"In my purse" Bella cried.

"Oh honey" Emily said and hugged Bella.

"Hey calm down. It's at Rossi's house" Derek said.

"It is?" Bella asked.

"Yeah. It's on the bed. I took it off of you, remember?" Derek said and Bella nodded yes and wiped her face. "I'll go get it" he said.

"Derek it's alright. We know it's not lost, we can get it tomorrow" Emily said not wanting her friend to drive to Rossi's house to get it.

"No" Bella cried. She needed it.

"It's okay Em" he said heading out the door. Emily just hugged Bella.

"Where are you going?" JJ asked as Derek walked passed them heading to the door.

"Rossi's" he said.

"What? Why?" Penelope asked confused.

"Isabella's purse is there" he said.

"You mean this one?" JJ said holding the small purse up.

"Oh JJ you're a savior" he said.

"Well you might wanna thank Spence. He brought it here" she said handing it to Derek. He opened and got the small blanket out.