Chapter 36: Good Times Bad Times

"Hi honey" Emily said as Bella walked in the apartment.

"Hi" Bella said serious. She was still upset about what happened in the morning.

"So how was school? Was it too bad?" Emily asked.

"It was crap" Bella said serious and Emily stood up.

"I'm sorry, okay? But school is school. And you need to be responsible about it" Emily said. Isabella just didn't want to talk about that so she managed a little smile and said "I know".

Emily smiled back and walked to hug her. They hugged and Bella let go and went up the stairs. She sat on her desk and started working on her homework.

After about half an hour Emily went up.
"Bella?" She called walking into Isabella's bedroom. Bella was still sitting on her desk doing homework. She looked at Emily who walked in and sat on the bed.

"Penelope wants to show us this cool restaurant she went with JJ." Emily started and Bella just stared. "So go get ready, alright? We're leaving in 20." Emily said and just walked out. Bella didn't feel like going anywhere but she finished her science homework and changed. She put on jeans, a purple shirt and her red rain boots, and headed downstairs. Emily was ready waiting for her.

"What's with the boots?" She asked Bella, noticing how often the kid had been wearing it.

"Nothing" Bella said.

"So Let's go?" Emily asked and Bella said "yes". And they headed out.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

"How are you lovely ladies this afternoon?" Penelope said when she saw the two.

"We're good now," Emily replied taking what had happened earlier in the morning.

"I need to go to the bathroom" Bella said.

"Go ahead munchkin" Penelope told her and she walked away.

"So what happened? She looks a bit down" Penelope said as she went to a table with Emily.

"Horrible morning today." Emily said and Penelope gave her a look as telling her to spit it out. "She didn't want to go to school and cried the whole drive there" Emily admitted.

"Oh." Penelope said.

"She'll be alright" Emily smiled at her friend and they stared at the menus.

"I'll get a Caesar's salad" Penelope said. "What about you?"

"Grilled chicken sounds amazing" Emily said.

"And Bella?" Penelope asked.

"I doubt she'll eat anything" Emily said.

"Order desert then. No one can resist an ice cream" Penelope said and Emily laughed.

"Let me go order" Emily said and walked away.

Bella got back, sat for a while but didn't say a word. Once the food was done Emily called Penelope to help her take it to the table, so Penelope walked there to help. A few moments later they were heading to the table. Emily froze when she didn't see Bella there. She snapped her head to the side, scouring the room. Meanwhile, Penelope was setting down her food on the table.

"Emily?" Penelope said, frowning in confusion.

"Where is she?" she said firmly, her eyes darting around. "Bella" Emily snapped. "Where's Bella?"

"I'm here" Bella said coming behind her and walking to her chair.

"Where the heck did you go?" Emily asked pissed.