Chapter 58: Battle Scars

The weekend went by like a flash.
Emily and Bella stayed home. Emily worked on some paperwork and house cleaning while Bella had to catch up with school. Chloe stopped by on Saturday and Sunday afternoon to work on some homework and a science project with Bella. Jeremy called Emily and said he was going back to Seattle so he said his goodbyes to Bella.
The weekend went great.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

Monday came too soon for Isabella's taste.
She walked downstairs to eat breakfast and she couldn't help but look nervous. Which of course Emily saw right away.

"What's with the face?" Emily asked Bella already knowing the answer.

"Nothing" Bella said and took a bite of her waffle.

"Are you nervous to go to school or that I'm going to work?" Emily asked making a face that Bella knew she was expecting the truth.

"A little bit of both I guess" Bella said looking down at her plate.

"If you need you can call me. You know that" Emily said walking to sit next to the girl.

"I know" Bella said biting the waffle again.

Emily wrapped the girl in a hug.
"Finish this quick or we'll be late" Emily said and finished her coffee.
They finished and headed out. Emily dropped Bella off and headed to work and just like she expected the team was going away on a case.

Jackson, Mississippi, this time.

"I'll watch the little one" Penelope told Emily who smiled and headed to the car with the rest of the team.
She texted Bella:
'We're heading to Mississippi. Go to the office and stay with Garcia. Okay?'

.

Bella's class had just started when she felt her phone vibrate. She picked it up already knowing what it was.

'Okay. Be careful. I love you' she texted and went back to paying attention to the class.

.

Emily smiled and put her phone in her pocket.

"Did she take it okay?" JJ asked.

"seems like it" Emily smiled. She knew Isabella wasn't really okay but she knew she would be alright.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

It took 3 days for the team to get the unsub.

In Quantico, Bella had a hard first day. She was okay while she was in the office but when she went to Penelope's house that night she had a hard time going to sleep and ended up waking up from a nightmare in the middle of the night. She cried a little bit but Penelope managed to calm her down and it wasn't very long till she fell asleep again. She had left her blanket at home which kind of made things a bit worse.

Tuesday went okay. She had a great time at school and slept in the office because Penelope had to work.

On Wednesday, Chloe invited Bella to sleep over at her house and Penelope was impressed that the girl actually wanted to go.

"You'll probably stay here tonight again" Bella told Penelope and the woman knew the kid was probably right. Penelope took her home so she could pack some things and then dropped her at Chloe's.

At Hilary's house things couldn't have gone any better. Bella was a bit nervous in the beginning but ended up having a lot of fun. They watched a movie, played piano together, played with Millie and Bowie, and had a great time. They went to bed around 9:30 and Hilary made sure Isabella knew that if she needed anything she could go get her. Luckily the girl slept the entire night just fine and didn't even get the blanket out of her bag.