Chapter 55: Are You Pregnant?

**** 9 years ago...

"Alright. So I won't take a no. You're coming with me" John said and threw his arm over her shoulders and they walked to the restaurant.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

As they entered the restaurant Emily smiled shyly as she spotted the table where Shepherd, Mark and Addison were sitting. Shepherd smiled at her and the others soon followed spotting the woman walking in with John.

"Oh My God. Emily!" Addison said standing up and hugging the woman.
She greeted everyone and they sat.

"So what are you doing in the city?" Shepherd asked. "Weren't you working in Europe or something?"

"Yeah yeah. I took some time off" Emily answered. "Oh and I just heard about the practice. Congratulations"

"Thanks. I just hope I won't regret this" Shepherd joked looking at Mark.

"Oh come on man. I know what's work and what's not, alright" he said and everyone was smiling.

"It's good to see you Em" Shepherd said and Emily smiled.

The dinner went on great. Addison invited Emily to stop by the practice the next day to see how things were going and of course Emily said yes. She had not seen any of them in over 8 months. So though a bit shy she was happy and excited to see her old friends.

After the dinner John and Emily shared a cab. He got out first and asked if she wanted to stay over at his place like they used to but she insisted on going to the hotel. Both of them had been very good friends for years and it had never been more than that. They could share a room just fine without anything sexual happening, so it was just because she was already paying the hotel and she could use some time alone which had been the reason why she took the time off in the first place.
So he went up to his apartment and she went to the hotel.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

The next day Emily woke up excited to meet her friends again. They had agreed on meeting at the practice at 7pm and then they would go out to another dinner.

Emily spent the day relaxing at the hotel. She watched movies and tv shows and got room service. It was just a day to relax.
Around 6, she started to get ready and once done she was off. She took a cab to the practice. When she got there everyone was working on something. Addison gave her a tour and then they just hung out and worked on some decor for the place. Even Emily helped.

Around 9, they were all done so they sat in the small kitchen and popped a bottle of champagne to celebrate. They drank and talked a bit and then decided to go to a nearby bar. They walked there and it went on great and they obviously drank some more. They were having so much fun just talking and laughing their heads off.
It was almost 2 in the morning when they decided to head home. Everyone looked too drunk to drive so they went on taxis. Addie, Shepherd and Mark shared one and John and Emily shared the other, since his house was close to her hotel.

.

"So do you want to come up tonight?" John asked Emily as the taxi pulled over in front of his building.

"No. It's alright John." Emily said definitely sounding drunk.

"Come one. Let's just watch a movie. You can have the guest room" John said. "You said you wanted to see the place remember?" He told her to remind her what she had said at Addison's wedding when he told Emily he had moved.

"Alright you dumbass" Emily said.

"You're drunk" he said.

"merci pour une lapalissade" (thank you for stating the obvious) Emily said making a face at him.