Chapter 25: Chaos

Tuesday morning, Emily woke up and felt Bella's tight grip on her shirt. She checked the time, it was almost 6:30, the time she had scheduled the alarm clock. Isabella's school started at 7:40 so they had about an hour to get ready and Emily had to be at work by 10. She woke Isabella up.
"Hi" she said as Bella opened her eyes.
"Hi" Bella whispered letting go of Emily's shirt. Emily hugged her and said "you gotta get ready. Come on" she ran her hand on Bella's back slightly pulling her up still hugging her. Isabella sat on the bed and tightened the hug.
"Good morning" Isabella said.
"Good morning to you too" Emily said letting go of the hug. "Come on let's go" she said and they got up. They showered, got dressed and went downstairs. Emily was drinking coffee when Bella got to the bottom of the stairs.
"I made you some orange juice" Emily said.
Isabella walked to the island and drank the juice and then poured a little bit of cereal. After they ate, they brushed their teeth and walked out the door.
Isabella kept telling herself in her mind that everything was going to be alright, and that her mom would be okay and all of that.
They walked in the elevator and Bella held Emily's hand. The elevator stopped at the floor below them and for Isabella's surprise Hilary and Millie were the ones waiting for it.

"Bella" Millie said running and hugging Bella. Isabella was surprised and just smiled at Hilary who was smiling at her.
"Hi" Millie said to Emily.
"Hi" Emily said smiling.
"Unm so Hilary this is my mom, Emily" Isabella said and Hilary shook Emily's hand.
"Nice to meet you Emily" Hilary said.
"Nice to meet you too" Emily said. She noticed they seemed very nice people.
"Where's Chloe?" Bella asked.
"Oh she's coming down in a minute. She's not really a morning person" Hilary said making a face. They all smiled. "Well, Chloe didn't mention you at school yesterday. I thought you two were in the same year" Hilary said noticing Isabella's uniform.
"She goes to my school?" Bella asked surprised.
"Yeah." Hilary said. "Did she get a case of the first day sickness?" Hilary asked Emily smiling.
"Yeah We could say that" Emily said as Bella's cheeks went red.
"Don't be embarrassed. It happens to all of us" Hilary said as the doors opened to the parking garage. They walked out.
"Well I could give you a ride if you'd like" Hilary said. Isabella looked like she didn't know what to say. She wanted to go with her mother but didn't want to hurt Hilary's feelings. Emily realized Bella was embarrassed so she said:
"Oh it's okay. The school is on my way to work"
"Alright. But anytime you need a ride I'm happy to" Hilary said.
"I can take your girls today if you want." Emily said making a face sort of letting Hilary know it might help Bella.
"Well I'll actually take that. I could use some more sleep today. My work starts at 9." Hilary said smiling and Emily smiled back.
"Millie, do you mind riding with Miss Emily and Bella to school today?" Hilary asked her 5 year old.
"Really?" The girl asked excited and grabbed Bella's hand. "Cool" she said smiling. Everyone smiled at the adorable reaction.
Suddenly Chloe appeared.
"Oh Hi" she said noticing Bella and Emily.
"Chlo you're riding with them today okay?" Hilary said.
"Okay" Chloe said shyly.
Emily smile as she noticed a lot of her daughter on the blonde girl. She knew that Bella would have had the same reaction.
"Just make sure you take Millie to her class, alright?" Hilary said giving Chloe a hug.
"Alright" Chloe said.
"So let's go" Emily said and everyone smiled.
"Well I can bring Bella back with us if you want" Hilary told.
"She's staying at my work after school so it's alright I can pick her up" Emily said.
"Oh the BAU is not far I can drop her there" Hilary said. Isabella had told Chloe where Emily worked.
"Would that be alright Bella?" Emily asked to make sure.
"Yeah" Bella said shyly.
"Alright then. I'll pick you guys up 3:30 on the dot" Hilary said.
"Bye mom" Chloe said giving Hilary a hug and then Millie gave her a hug too.
"Bye" Bella said and they walked to the car.
Isabella sat on the front and the 2 girls jumped on the back.
"Your car is really big Miss Emi" Millie said and everyone laughed.
"It's Emily, Millie" Chloe called.
"Oh that's alright, honey" Emily smiled.
Everyone buckled up and waved goodbye to Hilary.
The drive was quiet. Isabella was embarrassed and Chloe too so no one really said anything. Emily parked the car and she could feel Isabella was tense.
"So Hilary will pick you up" Emily said. "3:30 on the dot, don't forget" Emily said as she parked the car, smiling to Bella. Isabella took a deep breath and hugged Emily.
"Anything just call" Emily said.
"And you'll pick me up?" Isabella whispered as Chloe opened the door.
"Yes" Emily said serious letting go of the hug.
"You three have a nice day" Emily said to the girls as Bella walked out of the car.
"Thank you for the ride Miss Emily" Chloe said. Emily rolled her window down.
"Just Emily is fine" Emily said smiling.
"Alright. Bye Emily" Chloe said with a sweet smile taking Millie's hand.
"You be good, okay?" Emily told Bella as she got close to the car window to give Emily a kiss. Isabella nodded yes. "And be safe" she added.
"You too mom" Isabella said and went to kiss her mother goodbye.
"Bye girls" Emily said as the three girls walked away. Isabella just followed Chloe. Emily stayed there till they went inside. Right before Bella walked in she looked back to check if Emily was still there and she smiled when she saw the car parked and her mother smiling back.
"Bella, I have to take Millie and you need to see the principal. It's a first day thing. If you don't go now they'll take you out of class later" Chloe said as they walked to the main hall.
"Alright." Bella agreed.
"He'll tell you where the classroom is" Chloe said noticing Bella's eyes wondering around.
"Okay. So I'll see you there?" Bella asked.
"Sure" Chloe said smiling. She felt for the first time in a long time that she had a friend. She just hoped Bella felt the same way about her.