Chapter 17: Hello Virginia

They got through security and went to the waiting area of their gate. They sat down and Emily could see that Isabella was anxious. She looked through her bag and got some money out.
"Can you go get me a bottle of water?" She asked pointing to a Starbucks close to them.

"Sure." Isabella said standing up.

"Oh get something for you too." Emily said.

"Okay." Bella said. She went and bought the water and a chai latte for her at Starbucks. She went back and sat next to Emily.

"Thank you" Emily said taking the bottle. She drank a bit and saw that Bella was looking around and seemed not able to stop her feet from moving.

"Hey" Emily said. "It's going to be alright" she said throwing her arm around Bella's shoulder.

"I know" Bella said. "I'm just..."

"Scared?" Emily said. "I know you are" she said and gave her a sweet smile.

"Im gonna be fine mom. Really" Bella said.

"I know you will but look you don't have to be tough around me.. It's alright if you want to cry and be upset. You know that. I don't want you hiding it from me. Okay? You never did that and I won't let you do it now" Emily said.

"I'll try not to" Bella said honestly.

"Try very very hard, okay?" Emily smiled.

"Okay" Bella answered smiling too. She drank a bit more of her drink and then got up to throw it away. Emily chose not to say anything even though she threw more than half away.

They were called to board so they went in line.
Emily handed over the tickets and they went in and sat on their seats. Bella had a window seat and Emily sat right next to her. They were flying premium economic.

Bella opened her backpack and grabbed her headphones. Her ears usually hurt on plane rides and the headphones always helped. She placed her backpack under the seat in front of her and stared out the window.

"Are you okay?" Emily asked holding Bella's hand.

"Yeah" Bella said. She looked over at her mom and smiled and gave her a hug. Before letting go she said "I have to admit I'm a bit excited" she said shyly.

"You are?" Emily asked surprised.

"I always wished I could live with you" Bella said sitting up straight.

"Me too baby" Emily said with a smile and tears in her eyes.

"I just didn't want it to be like this, you know. But yeah" Bella said. She wasn't crying or anything. She looked a bit upset but not too bad.

"I'm sure you'll love it there Bells" Emily said throwing her arm over Bella's shoulders and snuggling her. Bella smiled as her mother used the nickname she had always called Isabella.

The plane took off and after 20 minutes they decided to watch a movie. It was a comedy and Bella even laughed a little. After it was over Emily chose another movie and Isabella fell asleep resting her head on Emily's arm 14 minutes into the movie.
She woke up when they were about to land.

When the plane landed, they got their bags and went outside.
"Is someone picking us up?" Isabella asked.

"Yeah. I texted Morgan. He should be here any minute" Emily said.
And just as she finished there he was.

"Hello Prentiss family" he said getting off the car.

"Hi" Emily said with a thankful smile.

"How are you doing kid?" He asked Bella.