Chapter 7: All She Wanted

"i'll drive you two. Jeremy and Marley can go with my wife" Shepherd told Emily.

Emily just stayed there hugging her girl. They had decided the day before to gather at Shepherd's house because they didnt want any more bad memories of the appartment.

Shepherd went back to the car and drove them.
By the time they got to the house Isabella wasn't crying anymore but she was still hugging her mother. She just wished it was all over.

They walked inside to find the nanny with Shepherd's kids. His little girl ran and hugged Bella.
"Bella" she said happily. She was to little to know exactly what was going on.

"Hi Zo" Bella said.

"why you sad?" she asked looking worried.

"i just don't feel very good. But it's okay" Bella said trying to sound okay. Zo gave her a sweet smile.

"Zozo can you help daddy with something in the kicthen?" Shepherd asked.

"yeah" Zo said happily and ran to the kicthen.

"Bella you can go to my room if you want to, okay? or you can watch some tv." Shepherd said.

"Is everyone coming here?" She asked not sounding at all happy about it.

"not everyone. it will be a small gathering. Just the closest friends." Shepherd said.

"So all the doctors?" Bella asked.

"not all of them." Emily said giving her a sweet smile. "but look you can just hang out with me. Forget everyone" Emily said.

"like that's possible" Isabella said heading over to sit on the couch.

Shepherd looked at Emily slightly smiling thinking at least she wasn't super mad at everybody.
"So you'll watch tv?" He asked.

"yeah. i dont want to sleep." Bella said turning the tv on.

Shepherd headed to the kitchen and Emily sat next to Bella.
Isabella put on the history channel. A show about the creation of movies were on. She thought in her mind that her dad would have loved watching it. She smiled as tears filled her eyes. Emily looked at her wondering what was going on.

"I'm glad you're here mom" Isabella said and snuggled her mom on the couch.

"me too" Emily said. She decided not to say anything about the tears. So they just snuggled and watched tv while Shepherd was heating some food in the kitchen with Zo. Around 10 minutes into the show Emily realized Bella was asleep. She tried not to move so Bella could sleep a little. After about 5 minutes Marley and Jeremy got to the house with Shepherd's wife. They were followed by the others, including Emily's team.
Jeremy couldn't believe Isabella was sleeping but he was glad she was.

When everyone was in, they started talking and eating a little. After about 20 minutes Isabella woke up. Callie and Shepherd's wife were sitting on the couch beside hers. Penelope and JJ were on the other in front. Bella sat up and then laid her head down on her mother's lap. She was awake but she was still really tired.

"How are you doing sweetie?" Callie asked.

"I'm okay now" Isabella lied.

"Do you want to eat something?" Emily asked.

"no" Isabella anwsered.

After that the rest of the day was alright. People stopped talking about John when they talked to Bella because everyone noticed it was making her uncomfortable and sad. Her friend Cameron got there a little after Bella woke up. She had to have some time away because she was crying a lot and she didn't want Bella to see her like that. When she got there she sat next to Emily on the couch.