Chapter 5 (Edited)

A/N: Enjoy. Also, I'm going to be writing random questions on the chapters, and I would appreciate if you did answer them. I want to see what my silent and not so silent readers think and get to know them. (I do answer back every comment (or at least try to)). My answer will be on the end of the chapter so ya'll will know what I think.
~Rissa

Question of the Chapter: What song were you listening to when you were reading this?

______________________________________________________________________

I took my position behind a wall of a shop in a dark alleyway and waited. My whole body was tense when I heard the sound of thundering feet, coming towards my way and got ready to protect my band of misfits. My eyes were trained on the bird that was on the other side of the alleyway and relaxed when it let out a small hoot before disappearing. A small sigh of relief escaped my tight lips, because I knew that it was them.

A soft, barely audible, whistle sounded through the air, causing me to signal my team to back up into the shadows that the building made. I stood in the same spot, huffing when I felt someone breathing down my neck. Of course, he wouldn't move back, I thought, grumbling causing Payton to snort.

"Are you sure you were supposed to whistle like that?" a female hissed. "What if Alpha Ethan sent someone after us. My sister could-"

"Quiet," the familiar voice of one of my comrades said. "My boss is all ready pissed at me for taking so long. She'll be even more pissed off when she finds out I brought someone else without informing her, mate or not."

Damn right, I thought, gritting my teeth together. My eyes narrowed in concentration while I pulled out a small bottle and a handkerchief. I quickly poured some of the liquid onto the handkerchief before counting to ten.

WHen the footfalls got close enough, I leaped out from my hiding spot and grabbed the girl closest to me, placing the handkerchief on her nose. A growl escaped my lips when the girl closest to her almost screamed loud before the male, Toby, stopped her from screaming. I, picked the now unconscious girl up and glared at him.

"You know better, Tobias," I grumbled, causing him to flinch and bow his head. I placed the girl in his arms, not sparking a glance at the other female that he had brought with him. "She is your responsibility." I sighed when he nodded and glanced at my mate. "My mate."

Toby smirked, his blue eyes showing interest. "Oh, so the matless does have a-"

"Shut it," I growled, interrupting him. I could feel the familiar feeling of a blush starting at the base of my neck. "We'll discuss that later." I turned to look at my mate who was watching me with guarded eyes. "What do you want to do? Are you going to reject me now? If so, do it quick. The pack is going to be looking for these two, and I need to get them somewhere safe."

He studied me before looking at the group that started to circle us. His eyes softened a bit, and when I turned to follow his gaze, and I could tell that maybe, just maybe he wasn't a prick. Because, his gaze was on the youngest member, who stared up at us with violet eyes. Those violet eyes had small bags underneath them, from the nightmares that haunt her. "You can take the house at the edge of the territory," he said, gruffly. "Ben will lead you all to a house on the edge of our territory. My mate-"

"-Skylar," Thomas interjected,causing my mate to shoot him an annoyed look.

"-Skylar-" my mate tested it on his tongue, causing me to involuntary shiver. He seemed to notice and smirked. "-and I will make sure that you have not been followed." His smirk deepened. "Is that alright, Love?" he asked, tauntingly.

A barely loud growl escaped my tight lips, my teeth elongating while I looked at him. He was teasing me, playing me as a fool, and I had had enough with the playing from men that were supposed to be in my life and show me what love was. I had enough of them making fun of me and me feel like shit.

"Shit," Thomas muttered, knowing what would happen when I was like this. "Ummmm... we should get going. Have fun with a pissed off mate." He gestured for Ben to start going towards the way to their packhouse was.

And, after some tense moments, Ben finally started towards the way with my pack following. He looked back at me and sent a warning with his eyes before turning back around. The meaning was clear, he would hurt me if I hurt my mate.

What a dick.  

_____________________________________________________________________

Answer from Question of Chapter: I was not listening to music when I uploaded this chapter. I have no idea what I was listening to when I wrote it... xD Oh well.