Chapter 26 (Edited)

"You know that I hate people foiling with my plans," someone said behind me as I was about to start my daily run. "You should know what happens to people when they do foil them, Skylar."

My heart pounded in my chest while the hairs on the back of my neck to stand up a attention. I took a deep breaTh and relaxed my heartbeat before turning to look at Nathaniel, well... Mahlkha staring at me. I pursed my lips and looked away from him, calming my beating heart some more. "And yet, I seem to be doing it a lot. What do you want?"

Mahlkha smirked and looked at his nails. "Power, my body back here on Earth and not the horrendous place that you sent me to, you know, the usual." He looked at me, his smirk deepening. He paused before snapping and having a cheerful smile on his face. "Oh, and let's not forget about you dead."

I pursed my lips and narrowed my eyes at him. I was used to the threat of him killing me, so that didn't faze me. What fazed me was how long he had control over the man I had to call father. "How long?" I asked, looking him up and down.

Mahlkha moved a hand through his beard and pondered it. "Oh, since you were born. Nathaniel was a really weak soul. It didn't take me long to feed all that hate into his thoughts." He moved around me and reached out to touch my hair, something he knew that I hated him doing. "You we-"

I grabbed his wrist and narrowed my eyes at him, causing him to hiss in pain for some reason. "Touch me, and your hand will be off of your body faster than your head will spin."

Mahlkha smirked, covering the pain that he was feeling, and forced his hand from my grip. "Such a strong female," he said, rubbing his wrist. "Hurting her father in such a way that he wouldn't even know." He moved around me, causing me follow him and prepare for an attack. There was a small burn on his wrist, our powers clashing.

"That man is not my father," I sneered out in disgust. "And, I thought that my powers were hurting you and not him."

"Ah, but we are of one body at the moment. Soon, he will die and I will have control." He sneered. "And there is nothing you can do about it."

I raised an eyebrow, taking that as a challenge. "And yet, my touch burns you." I reached for his hand, causing him to backup a few steps. "I wonder why."

"For a girl who is afraid of me, you take too many risks," he said, taking a step forward, causing me to stand my ground. He stared at me, his eyes for a minute turning back to the color of my father's eyes. "Sky," he whispered, touching my cheek. His touch was soft and warm, causing me involuntary close my eyes and lean into his touch. "My little piece of the sky."

Mahlkha took back control and backed away from me. Surprise and wonderment filled his eyes, and he stared at me with a different light in his eyes. Fear flew from his body, and I couldn't help but wonder what caused him to be afraid. "I have to go," hd said, and with that he ran off.

I took a deep, shuddering breath and stared after him in awe. I have no idea what the hell had happened, but all I could feel was shock. I had felt my father, my actual father in that small moment before Mahlkha took it away.

I shook my head and started running. "Jerecho!" I called, hoping that he had seen what I had seen. I was at a lost to what to do next, and I prayed that my mentor would know what to do.

The road before me started to disappear, causing me to cease in my running. My whole body felt this pull, and for the second time this month, I disappeared from this world and into that of the Gods and Goddesses, closing my eyes as I did so.

***

The next time that I opened my eyes, I was in a library filled with books. My whole body tensed, because I had never been to this part of what I was thinking was Jerecho's castle, because the other Gods and Goddesses liked it if I was somewhat visible to them.

A book whizzed past my head, causing me to duck, and into the hands of the God sitting on thin air.

"Did you s-"

Jerecho waved, dismissively, not looking up at me. "I saw, I saw," he said, sounding rather distracted. "I don't know what it means, but I saw."

I pursed my lips, hating the fact that he had interrupted me. "What does the Council say?" I asked.

"Moria is trying to talk to them. You should already know how slow they work." He huffed and tossed the book, causing it to start flying back to its spot. "They have all eternity to do other stuff and yet when we have questions to ask of them, they are "unavailable"."

I grabbed the book from thin air, my powers causing it to cease moving. "We don't have all of eternity," I said, flicking through it. "What are you trying to find?"

"Your touch burnt him, Skylar, which isn't normal for other Gods and Goddess but for some reason it happened for you," he said. "And then your "real" father seemed to appear and know who you were." He pursed his lips, jealousy filling his body.

"Well, he hadn't been there for years," I replied. I flicked through the pages but didn't find anything interesting and tossed the book, causing it to go back into its space. "You have."

The book fell to the ground with a large thud, causing me to look up to see a pale looking Jerecho. "Does that mean..."

I flicked my wrist, causing the book to come to me and started to look at what Jerecho had been reading. "I keep close stuff to my heart, Jerecho," I said, flicking through the pages. "But, if I have to say who I count more as a father to me, then you are up there."

Jerecho pulled the book out of my hands, causing me to growl out in annoyance. He looked through the pages, his brows furrowed in concentration. "Well, daughter wise, you would be up there," he replied, causing me to suck in a breath. He looked up and smirk. "But, I'll never tell."

I rolled my eyes and walked over to the only chair that didn't have any stuff on it. "Did Luna say anything?" I asked, causing him to shake his head. I picked up a book from beside the chair and started to look through it. "Let me guess, she said: 'It is written in the stars. Whatever happens happens for a reason. Trust them.' And then, I am sure she paused and looked at you before again saying: 'If you don't trust in the stars, then look it up. YOURSELF.'"

Jerecho nodded his head and scowled. "I called her a crazy bat, causing her to throw a book at me."

I stopped in my searching and looked at him. "What book?" I asked, causing Jerecho to pause in his search. "What book did she throw at you or did you not pick it up?"

"Oh, I left as soon as she threw the book at me," Jerecho replied. He rubbed his head and grimaced. "She sent it to me and caused it to hit my head." He pointed to the table. "I think that is it right there. Why?"

I placed the book down and went to the table to see a book that didn't look that much. I furrowed my brows together when I caught sight of the insignia on the book and rubbed the golden piece. "I've seen this before," I said, causing Jerecho to move towards me. I groaned and shook my head, pressing a hand to my temple. "I don't know where I had seen it, but I know I had seen it."

"It means "Savior of Gods"," Jerecho said. "It's common for places to show them, especially those that belong here."

I shook my head. "No, it's not here," I said. "I think it was from the group that had helped me a long time ago." I, again, pressed my hand to my temple and huffed. I hated that I couldn't remember where I had seen it, and it was driving my head insane. "Never mind, but I think that this book might have something."

"Well... the why don't you open it?" Jerecho asked, causing me to look over my shoulder at him, scowling. He furrowed his brows and cocked his head. "What? You are the one that is closer to it."

I shook my head and opened the book to a random page. I took in a deep breath when I caught sight of a picture of me with a sword and dragon standing behind me, blowing fire. My brown hair blew through the air, and I could tell that I was in battle or not.

"What does the writing say?" Jerecho asked, causing me to look at the writing beside it. "I think the first part says "God killer", but I am not sure."

'I don't know," I replied. "But, what I do know is that that person looks like me."