Chapter 55 (Edited)

I stood in front of Reeves's father, Christopher I think, looking at him through half closed eyes. I ignored the glare he sent my way, not letting it faze me one bit.

I took a deep breath and muttered the same spell that I had said to Caden. I understood why the animals were there because it took a lot of energy to break the bonds between a master and his servant, especially when the servant was just as dark as he was.

Christopher "screamed" out in pain as I said the spell, his black blood turning red. The veins in his body bulged out as he tried to fight the spell, but he couldn't. He slumped forward after I was finished, blood and sweat dripping from his forehead.

"Don't think that I am going thank you," he said, his voice cracking. He spat at my feet and caused my lip to curl up in disgust. "I know what I was doing."

"I know you do," I replied, wiping the blade. "You wanted power. You wanted greed. That is why you had tried to make your sons like you."

Christopher sneered. "They are weak."

I cocked my head. "Are they?" I asked. "Or are you the one that is weak?"

He sneered in disgust but didn't reply.

I gave him an unimpressed look and blinked.

"You know that you will be too weak for him, correct?" he asked, causing me to shrug my shoulder. "You will die, and your pack will die. Everyone will die with you."

I shrugged my shoulder. "That is a possibility," I said. "But, not the right one. You do not know the future, Christopher, so you can not tell me what will or what will not happen. That is not for you to decide."

He scowled. "You can not tell the future either," he said.

"You're right, but I can be shown the future or one of them, at least." I leaned forward. "I might not be strong enough to face the last one, but I am strong enough to face the rest." I bared my teeth at him. "You have chosen the wrong side, Christopher and have paid the price."

He arched an eyebrow. "And that price is..?"

I smirked and leaned forward close to his ear. "Your death," I hissed and stabbed him through the heart, causing him to die with a curse on his lips.

I rolled my eyes and wiped the dagger on his clothes before I stood in front of Nathaniel, my tormentor, my father.

He glared at me, daring me to do what I did to them to him. He was daring me to complete it to become the "monster" that I was.

I stared back at him, my eyes half closed. I was getting weaker, and I knew that this was going to take the last bit of energy that I had.

Still, I couldn't but pause and look at him. I had no idea what this spell would reveal, and I did not know if I wanted to.

He could be as sick as Christopher or worse. He could be as understanding as Caden, knowing that this was for the best.

Or, he could be different from the both of them.

How could he be different?

I wouldn't know but a part of me did not want to find out.

A soft grunt caught my attention, causing me to look in that direction. A lion stood in plain sight, not hiding like the other namesakes. Concern filled his eyes, and I knew that Miza was worried about me.

I glanced to his side to see a red fox staring back at me. I could feel this bond or something from between us and knew that this animal was my namesake.

The fox bowed her head and backed up until she was in the forest with Miza's namesake.

I nodded my head and felt a little more energy than I had and took a deep breath. I started to say the spell again, my voice clear and holding power.

Nathaniel "screamed" out in pain and tried to wrench himself from my binds. His whole body shook, and I could hear his heart pumping faster in his chest.

All too soon, the black blood stopped and the red blood poured out of his wounds. He slumped forward as soon as I had finished, gasping for breath like a fish out of water.

I stared at my father and waited for him to say or do something. I had no idea what he was going to do, but I didn't care.

The spell had been broken.