Chapter 57 (Edited)

A/N: Yaaaaay. Can we celebrate? I have finished the book and have decided to post the last two chapters of it. I don't think there will be an epilogue on this book...

Anyways, thank you so much for putting up with procrastinating ass. I hope ya'll have enjoyed this book just as much as I had enjoyed writing it. 

Don't forget to check out my other books. I hope you'll enjoy those. <3

I think that is it. And now onto the chapter.

Thanks

~Rissa

Note: There will be extras. If you want to see some scenes just tell me and I'll write it up.

_____________________________________________________________________

I walked across the battlegrounds, looking at the dead from both sides. My face was a mask as I tried to see if any of the faces were of someone that I cared about. I had no idea where my companions were and prayed that they were alright.

"Skylar!" someone exclaimed causing me to turn in that direction. Jethro ran towards me a worried expression on his face. He slowed down to a walk when he caught sight of the scowl on my face and cleared his throat, moving a hand through his hair. "I thought you remembered when you landed on me," he said, sheepishly.

"I landed on you because you were there," I replied. "And, I haven't had the time to look at all the memories."

Jethro hesitated and nodded his head. "Who told you?"

"Nathaniel," I replied, causing him to nod. "Now, what is it? Why are you running?"

Jethro looked at me in confusion before a lightbulb went on somewhere inside his head. "Oh," he said. "You are needed. Valerie has gotten hurt pretty bad. She was trying to save Frank."

That peaked my interest, and I gestured for Jethro to lead the way. "Trying to?" I asked, following him towards Valerie.

"Yes," Jethro said, nodding his head. "Apparently Valerie is Frank's mate."

"Wait, what?" I asked, catching up with him.

Jethro shrugged. "Long story," he said. "And, Ben is the one that should tell you or Valerie."

I frowned and didn't say a word. I could see Ben and Valerie in the distance and ran over to them. I knelt down beside Valerie on her other side and took her other hand in mine.

Ben looked at me, his face red from crying. "Heal her," he said, causing Valerie's eyes to open. "Please, you have to heal her."

"No," Valerie said, her voice cracking. She struggled to take a deep breath and turned her gaze to me. "Don't heal me."

"Mom," Ben whimpered. "Please, let her heal you. You can heal her. Can't you?" He looked at me.

I shook my head no. "I have no magic energy left," I said, gravely. I placed my other hand on my mate's hand when he placed his hand on my shoulder. "I have to wait until I have energy."

"Then get someone to heal her," Ben growled out. "Why are you so useless?"

I growled out a warning causing him to instantly bow his head. "I am not useless, Benjamin," I spat out. I glared at him, feeling angry that he called me useless. "I had to kill my father and Reeves's brother and father. Not to mention, before that I had to fight Mahklha and before that, I had to kill the Shazaraks, so that they are all gone now. Oh, and let us not forget that I had been having my memories changed back before that, and I haven't slept in Goddess knows how long ago. I. Have. No. Energy. Left."

"And, I want to die," Valerie said. "I want to be with Frank." Tears were in her eyes as she looked at her son. "Please, let me die."

Ben shook his head. "I need you," he whispered, his voice cracking. "Virgel needs you."

Valerie shook her head. "He has you and Sky to look after him." Her voice was cracking, and I could tell that she was in pain. "I want to be with the Moon Goddess." She looked at me. "Is she here?" she asked, her eyes wide.

I nodded my head. I could feel her as well as Jerecho, Moria, and Miza. "Yes," I said. "She is here. She helped the battle with some other Gods and Goddesses."

Valerie nodded her head. "Can I see her?" she asked. She had a pure look of hope on her face, and I could tell that she was excited.

I looked behind me to see Luna nodding her head and gesturing for me to move out of the way. "There is one thing that I can do, Ben," I said, looking at him and watching him look at me. "I have enough energy for that, but I need to sleep before I do anything else."

Ben hesitated. "What is it?" he asked, finally.

"It's called a protection spell," Luna said, "appearing" with Miza, Moria, and Jerecho. She smiled when Valerie gasped and stared at her in shock. "Hello, Vera."

Val- er- Vera didn't say a word. Her mouth was still open as she stared at the female with shock and adoration.

Luna looked at me. "There is still time for you to do Frank," she said. "I made sure of that."

I nodded my head and looked at my mate to see him already staring at me. "I'm going to need your help," I said, causing him to raise an eyebrow.

Drake studied me. "I have no idea how you need my help, but ok."

I nodded my head and took a deep breath. I closed my eyes and tapped into my mate's energy causing him to gasp. I kept my hand on Vera and said the spell.

Vera closed her eyes and opened them after the spell was finished. "Keep my sons safe," she whispered. "They'll need you."

I nodded my head and backed away so that Luna could take my spot. I walked over to Frank and placed my hand on his forehead.

Drake had followed me and stood at my side. His hand was still in mine, so I tapped into his power.

Again, I said the spell before leaning back on my hunches. I closed my eyes as the wind picked up again, and two different howls filled the air.

'Thank you,' they whispered, talking through the wind. 'For bringing us back together.'

I nodded my head and stood. I leaned against my mate, the world spinning.

The battle was over. Now, I needed to rest before I talked to people, especially Moria and Jerecho.