Chapter 9 (Edited)

A/N: So, I think I'm going to be adding riddles and then question of chapters to each of my chapters for the stories. I did do question of chapters, but I kinda got lazy. xD Anyways, the answer for me on the question of the chapter will be posted below. Riddle answers will be posted on the next chapter of the book. If you see the same riddles in different books, I am sorry ahead of time.

Riddle #1: What can travel around the world while staying in a corner?

Question of chapter: Who feels tired all day and every day?  

____________________________________________________________________________

I was about to comment on how I thought that Drake would've been better off with me not as his mate when a scream of terror resonated through the whole house.

Thomas looked at me before jumping up to check on the noise. He ran for the door, not looking back because he knew that I was following him. His whole body was tense, and I could tell that he was worried about the new member of our small pack.

I pushed past him and skirted into the room, closing my ears to makes sure that my eardrums didn't burst. "Move," I said to Toby, seeing that he was on top of Bernie's sister, while Bernie was standing in the corner, tears in her eyes. I jumped onto of the sister who was trying to claw herself and others. "Oi, open your eyes," I said, clutching both her hands in one hand. My knees were on her sides, and I could feel her fear grown. "You are safe."

The girl opened her eyes, her eyes flashing blue before turning back to brown. Panic and fear filled them, and I could feel the tremors from her shaking body. She closed her mouth and tried to breathe. However, she couldn't with the fact that she had been panicking.

I pointed to my eyes and made sure my breathe was relaxed and even. "Watch me and copy. All right?"

The girl nodded her head, whimpering a bit. She mimicked my breathing, and I watched as the young girl, probably around the age of 14, start to relax slightly. Her whole body was still tense, and I knew that it was because of the people in the room.

"Leave," I instructed, relaxing my hold on the girl. I kept my eyes on the girl, making sure that she was still breathing properly.

"Sk-"

"You can stay," I said, interrupting Bernie. "Toby."

"I know, I know. You don't want to overcrowd the new girl. I'll make sure that Snitch didn't try anything," Toby said. There was a small kiss behind me, and I knew that he kissed his mate. "Scream for me if you need me. If not, Sky will make sure that you are both fine." Toby didn't wait for anything else and closed the door behind him, leaving me alone with the two new members.

'I'll make sure that they are safe,' I told Toby, knowing that he did need my words.

'Thank you,' Toby replied. 'Thank you.'

***

"You good?" I asked, causing the female to gulp and nod her head. I moved off of her and studied her. "What's your name?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

The female, with matted brown hair, glanced at her sister before looking at me. "Ari," she whispered, her voice from disuse. She cleared her throat, and I could tell that she didn't really want to talk that much.

"You sign?" I asked, while signing out what I had said. I knew that she wasn't deaf, which was why I did both. I was used to doing both, because some of the members of my little pack didn't speak. They had been beaten til they became mute which was why I had taught myself and my pack how to sign.

The female, Ari, frowned, watching my hands. Confusion filled her eyes, letting me know that she didn't understand what I had said. She looked up me with fear, and I knew that she thought she would be punished because she didn't know.

"Hey, look at me." Again, I pointed to my eyes, making sure that she wouldn't go into another panic attack. "You aren't going to be beaten because you can't sign. We'll get you a pen and pad so you can write, ya?"

Ari looked down at her hands, blushing.

"Can you read and write?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't know how to read and write. Reading and writing gave people freedom. It helped people be able to communicate with others, so that was why some people forbade others to learn. I, thankfully, was able to learn how to read and write, even though I had had to make sure that no one knew that I could for the longest time.

Ari shook her head no, causing me to hum. She fiddled with her hands, and I could see that she was still nervous.

I turned to look at her sister and raised an eyebrow. "Do you know how to read and write?" I asked.

Bernie looked down and blushed. "Srota," she replied. "Toby was teaching me some words to read and write."

"Then he can do that," I said. "I'll teach you both how to speak the language that we use as well as sign language. Thomas will help teach you all how to fight, and I'll help with that is well." I stood and looked at Ari. "Do you know how to use a shower?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

Ari gave me a deadpanned look but didn't say a word.

"Hey, just askin'. Some people didn't know how to use a shower when they became a part of our group."

"I'll help her," Bernie said. Her stomach growled, causing her to smile sheepishly. "Is the food ready?" she asked.

"It should. I'll check it out. Both of you, take a shower and then come down to the kitchen." I turned towards the door and started to walk that way.

"How will we know the way to the kitchen?" Bernie asked, confused.

I turned to look at her and smirked, pointing to my nose. "Follow your nose." With that, I left the room and followed my nose to the kitchen. I was hungry, but I knew that I was going to have to wait until everyone else had their food before I could eat.  

______________________________________________________________

Answer to question of chapter. v-v/ Me.