Chapter 24 (Edited)

A/N: Don't forget to check out the glossary.

______________________________________________________________________

"Alpha Drake, I didn't expect you," Reeves said, catching sight of my mate. He smirked and looked at me. "Did your mate get into trouble?" he asked, glancing back at him. He looked behind us to see Bernie but not his other cousin.

"She is safe," I said, interrupting Drake from talking. "She was wanting to come but had a panic attack before we left."

Reeves frowned and nodded guiltily. He glanced at Bernie to see Thomas talking to her before looking at Drake. "Now, what were you about to say before you were rudely interrupted?" he asked, glancing at me.

"She did get into trouble... sort of," Drake replied. He pulled me close to him, causing me to grunt out in annoyance. He smirked and kissed the side of my head. "But, she always gets into trouble but can get out of it." He paused, thinking about the thing that I had told him. "I do... want to thank you for helping out my mate when I couldn't."

Reeves waved his hand, dismissively. "She has helped me out a lot," he said, causing him to nod.

"Saha mein," Thomas said, urging Bernie to the male. "Sahcam sen."

Reeves frowned and furrowed his brows before looking at me. "Did you teach her your language and not me?" he asked, pouting. He furrowed his brows and cleared his throat, glancing at my mate. "Does..?"

I nodded. "You aren't a part of my group," I replied. "And both of your cousins know as well as my mate."

Reeves scowled but stopped when Bernie came closer. He hesitantly took a step forward, clearing his throat. "Bern..."

Bernie just sobbed and hugged him. They both fell to the ground with Reeves apologizing a lot. "It's not your fault," she soothed, her voice cracking. "It's not your fault."

"It... feels like it is," Reeves said, taking a deep breath. He cleared his throat, and I watched as the strong male break down. "If I didn't..."

"Then you could have gotten killed," Bernie said. "Ari doesn't blame you either. She isn't here because..." She glanced at me, asking me for help. Bernie nodded her head when I raised an eyebrow, asking if I could tell him.

"She's pregnant," I said, causing him to look at me. I smelt the fear, and I knew what he was thinking. "It's not by your father nor your brother. It is by one of your brother's "friends"."

"I thought..."

"He did," I replied, knowing that he was talking about the "medication" that Jerecho had given me. "Your cousin wanted to keep the baby. She wanted to be a mother."

Reeves frowned. Worry filled his eyes, and I could tell that he was thinking of the future when she meets her mate. "Her mate..."

"Better accept the baby as you should," I replied, giving him a look.

"I do," Reeves said. He paused and took a deep breath. "If she wants to..." He paused again and shook his head. "Do you think..."

I nodded and flicked my eyes to the sky. I frowned when I noticed a bird flying close, my whole body on high alert. I wanted to use my powers to kill it, but I knew it would look really suspicious. "Get back to base and get your members there, too," I said, looking down at him. Again, I looked up at the bird before looking at Reeves. "I am sorry to cut the meeting short."

Reeves frowned and nodded his head. He stood and pulled his cousin up with him. "Can I..?"

I nodded. "I'll need some of your blood again, but I will worry about that later." I gestured for Bernie to come over. "Beware of the crows," I warned as Bernie walked over to me. "They aren't your friends."

Reeves nodded his head in understanding. "What about owls?" he asked as I turned my group back to the way we had came. "Can I trust them?"

I smirked. "What do you think my symbol is?" I asked. And with that, I ran gesturing the others to follow. 'Protect him,' I told Jerecho. 'Mahlaka is close.'