Chapter 45 (Edited)

I stayed still, waiting for another burst of pain. However, no pain came. My whole body ached from being curled up in a ball and living through the memories that I now had.

My mind was going a mile a minute as I processed this new found information. The one thing that struck out to me was the fact that it was quiet in my mind.

There was no rustling sound nor the sound grumbling about being in pain. It was all silent, causing me to panic just a bit. Because the question I had was where the hell was my Wolf?

"She is still there," someone said from somewhere nearby. "She is processing information, too and how to help control her anger better."

I opened my eyes and slowly pulled myself out of my ball form. I turned to face the front to see a man staring at me with a guarded expression in his eyes.

He looked tired like he hadn't gotten any sleep while I was having my identity pulled this way and that. A beard was growing on his face, and it didn't cover how hollow his cheeks were becoming.

I sat up, slowly and bowed my head. Guilt filled my body because I had done the one thing that I had promised him I wouldn't do. I had promised him that I wouldn't have forgotten him.

"Sky?" he asked. His voice cracked, and I could tell that he had thought the worst.

"Asin Dorma," I said, my voice cracking. I cleared my throat and licked my dry lips. My throat was sore, and all I wanted was some sweet water. However, I had no idea when I would be let out of this hellhole. "Pera."

Miza breathed in sharply when I had said that. He opened up the gate and walked in before stopping in front of me and kneeling down. "Say it again, please," he whispered. There was a sense of begging in his tone, and I understood why. He hadn't heard anyone call him "pera" until I had come along all of those years ago.

I cleared my throat and looked up at him. I saw the remnants of tears in his eyes, and I hated seeing him cry. "Pera," I whispered, causing him to clear his throat.

"So, you remember who I am?" he asked, causing me to nod my head and looked down. He sighed softly and lifted my chin until I was looking at him. His eyes were filled with tears, but he didn't cry. "I don't blame you for breaking your promise," he whispered, moving a hand through my hair. He pushed a strand of hair behind my ear and studied me, trying to see if there was anything different about me. "I have never blamed you."

I hesitated but nodded my head. "No wonder you didn't bash my head in for disrespecting you," I said, my voice cracking. "I had you wrapped around my little finger."

Miza chuckled and let go of my chin. He reached into his robe and pulled out a small bottle of what smelt like water. "Here," he said, handing it to me. He leaned back and watched as took a sip of the drink. "Do you need me to clarify anything?" he asked, causing me to nod my head.

"Who are my parents?" I asked. "My real parents?"

"All four of them are your real parents," Miza replied. "You are not half Human and half Wolf. You are half Goddess and half Wolf."

I furrowed my brows in confusion. "How is that possible?" I asked. "To have two sets of biological parents?"

"Your mother was a Werewolf," Miza said. "She had come from a pack just like you had. Her father was an Alpha, actually. He was a great one, very respectful."

"Was?" I asked, picking up on that word. "Like before dying?" I didn't ask how he knew my grandfather. I had a feeling that he had traveled around which was why he knew him.

Miza nodded his head. "Before her sixteenth birthday, Luna visited her and asked if she would like to be a carrier for those two. And, your mother agreed."

"She gave up her wolf, so she can carry their genes?" I asked, causing him to nod his head. "Why?"

"The Ancients had written it in the stars," Miza said. He had a thoughtful look on his face, and I could sense a bit of jealousy coming off of him. "Luna knows how to read the stars, which isn't a surprise for you." He nodded his head when I nodded mine.

"Does... my father know?" I asked, causing Miza to shake his head. "He thinks that she is just human, right? What about her pack?"

"They were respectful to her. She was an Alpha born, too. However, the pack went to her brother because he was older than her by a year. When your father met her, she had pretended to be human."

"Did he ever find out?" I asked, causing him to shake his head. I sighed and nodded my head. "Why her?"

Miza shrugged his shoulder. "She had a pure heart. She cared about the Moon Goddess and when she had asked, she said yes."

I sighed and nodded my head. "I have a feeling that Luna knew that Nathaniel would be a gateway for Mahlkha," I mused.

"Oh?" Miza asked. "And why would you think that?"

I shrugged my shoulder and rubbed my eyes. I was exhausted, but I knew that I couldn't sleep yet. I had no idea what day it was, but I knew that we were getting close to the Orthenal.

"You need to sleep," Miza said. He stood and held out his hand for me to take. "I think it might be best that I get some sleep as well.

I shook my head and took his hand, letting him help me stand. "We can't," I said. "We have a job to do."

"And that job is..?"

I smirked and felt my Wolf growl out in anticipation. "We kill Mahlkha."