Chapter 25 (Edited)

"Excuse me?" asked a female as I made it back to my house. The female, Valerie, stopped me before I could open the door. She clutched a female close to her, and by the way that Bernie grabbed my arm let me know that that female was her cousin.

I nudged Bernie into the house and glanced at my cousin, causing him to nod and walk in. "Yes?" I asked, turning to look at her and spying that she was nowhere near the door.

Valerie didn't try to get to the door, and I was sure that she all ready knew what would happen if she did. "Can I talk to you, please?" she asked. She glanced around, her face pale as the thought of Nathaniel being close by crossed her mind. "It's urgent." She looked back at me after she made sure that we were alone.

I hesitated and looked at my mate, causing him to shrug. I huffed and nodded my head. "Enter," I grunted out, using a bit of my powers to make it so that they could without them noticing. I didn't trust her enough to let her know that I was an apprentice. "The both if you."

Valerie hesitated before taking a step forward. Relief filled her eyes when she found out that she could enter through the thing that had been blocking the way and pulled Reeves's sister after her.

I watched as she came through the portal and walked into the house followed by my mate and the two females. I lead them into the kitchen and raised an eyebrow when I saw Snitch and Maddi eating food. "Aren't you two supposed to he in bed?"

"I got hungry," Snitch said, squirting some ketchup on a ham sandwich. "And, to be fair, I was left unsupervised." He nodded to the whole room being a mess.

I bit back a groan when I saw some bologna on the ceiling and moved a hand over my face. This was just what I needed. "Who helped make the mess?" I asked.

"I don't know," Snitch replied. He smirked. "For a- Toby did," he said, catching my look. "Toby helped. He was trying to get Ari to laugh. The others just walked in and then walked out when they caught sight of the mess. They knew that you would be pissed."

"And he didn't clean it up before I got here because..?" I raised an eyebrow.

Snitch took a bite out of his sandwich and shrugged. "He thought you would blame us," he said. "He knew that we aren't allowed in the kitchen by ourselves."

I gave him a pointed look causing him to grin, innocently. "I wonder why," I replied sarcastically, causing him to shrug. "Finish eating the both of you and go to bed. Tell Tobias that he can clean the whole kitchen. I know that he is still awake."

Snitch nodded his head. "Is it because of the bologna?" he asked, causing me to nod. "I'll tell him that." He finished eating his food and grabbed his sister's hand. "Let's go," he said, food flying from his mouth. "Or else we will be helping him."

"You are on dishes tomorrow," I said, causing Snitch to groan. "I should keep you up to help Toby, but Maddi needs sleep, and I know that she didn't do anything."

'Shd did too!" Snitch complained. He cleared his throat and shifted on his feet when I gave him a look. "Ok, she didn't. I will get Toby down here." Snitch pulled Maddi after him and out of the room. "Toby! You're in trouble," he yelled. "You might want to get the kitchen straightened out now!"

"Shit!" Toby exclaimed.

***

"I am sorry for the fiasco," I said, sitting down in one of the love seats with my mate and cousin sitting beside me. "I try to have Thomas in charge while I am gone, but he wanted to come with me."

Valerie sat down in the other seat with Reeve's sister beside her. She looked worn out and older than what she should, and I was sure that it was hard for her to "love" Nathaniel. Her brown eyes were dull, and her curly brown hair hung limply in her face, giving me the impression that he was wasn't letting her take care of herself. "It's fine," she said, moving a hand through her hair. "Are they..."

"Sorta," I admitted, shrugging my shoulder. "The young female, Maddi, was put in my position, so... ya."

Valerie nodded her head. She studied me, making me feel rather uncomfortable. "Your father is Nathaniel," she said, causing the female besider her tense.

"Sperm donor," I corrected. "He is not my father." I glanced at the girl beside him. "I am nothing like him. Just like your older brother, Carlton, isn't like his."

Her eyes lightened up before they darkened again. She didn't say a word, but I could tell that she was blaming him for her misfortunes.

"It isn't his fault you know," I said, causing her to look down. "He does care about you, trust me."

"Then why didn't he come help her?" Valerie asked for the girl. "Why now?"

"He... isn't blessed by a God," Thomas said. "Nathaniel, nor your father, are not blessed either. They..." He glanced at me.

"They sold their souls to the wrong God," I said. "I, personally, know the God that they are in ties with, and he is not a good God."

"Is there such a thing as a "good God"?" Valerie asked, raising an eyebrow. She cleared her throat and shuffled in her seat. "The Moon Goddess isn't."

"She is," I said, defending her. "I have met her before and had asked her what-"

"You met her?" Valerie asked, causing me to glance at her. She cleared her throat and looked down. A small bit of blush appeared on her face, and I could tell that she was embarrassed for interrupting me. "Sorry, Caroline wanted to know."

I glanced at the other female and nodded. "I have," I confirmed. "I am still alive too."

"How?"

I took a deep breath and glanced at my cousin, causing him to nod. "When I say that they are not blessed is because I am blessed by three Gods." I held out my hands and focused on my powers. I heard Caroline gasp in amazement when she saw my powers and tried to hold back a smirk. "I am an apprentice to a God named Jerecho. He and his Beloved blessed me and the Moon Goddess had too."

"Why did they bless you? What is so special about you that made three higher beings bless you?"

I let my powers die down and shrugged. "Honestly, I have no idea," I replied. "I did ask the Moon Goddess why, and she just replied with "it was written in the stars". She said that too when I asked her why did the shit that happened to me happen in the first place."

Caroline pursed her lips.

"That didn't tell me anything," Valerie said for girl.

I shrugged. "Carlton didn't ask for my help to rescue you, Caroline, is because..." I took a deep breath and let it out. I hated admitting this. I hated it. I was stronger than the younger me, but he still was in the back of my mind taunting me, telling me that I was worthless. "I am afraid of my father," I admitted. "I swore that I would never be close to that pack ever again, but..." I shrugged.

"Then why are you?" Valerie asked.

I smirked, tiredly. I knew that there was a lot to be said and a lot to be done, but I knew that Nathaniel will soon be looking for them. I knew that my time was up, and I felt sorry that they had to go hack to him. "It was written in the stars."