Chapter 34 (Edited)

I bit back a groan of annoyance and rubbed the bridge of my nose. I had no idea why she had to do that, but I had a feeling that it was because she knew that she could trust Peter with her being a Goddess. "Real smooth, Moria," I grumbled, and I could've sworn that I heard her chuckle. "Do the one thing that I didn't want to bring up."

"And, what is that?" Peter asked. His whole body grew tense, and I could see that he was getting very protective of my cousin. "What are you hiding?" He tried to move in front of my cousin, causing him to growl a soft warning. Peter stopped moving in front of my cousin, and I could tell that he was a little shocked.

"Why don't we sit down first," I said. I glanced at the other members of my group to see them lounging around the living room. "Ya'll can do whatever. I'll take a nap as soon as I am done with this." I looked at my mate, causing him to nod his head. I looked at Valerie, and I could tell that she wanted to ask me about her son. "We'll get him," I promised. "I just need to make sure that I am strong enough to face him. He's gaining more and more strength every day."

Valerie nodded her head, her body relaxing. "Thank you," she said, causing me to nod my head. She cleared her throat and shifted on her feet. Worry filled the woman's eyes, and I knew that she would be worried until her son was safe. "What if..."

"I am sure that I am more than capable of getting him out. I might be having problems, but I am still stronger than that piece of-" I glanced at Caroline before looking at Valerie. "-crap."

Caroline scowled and caused Valerie to have a small amused smile on her face. She folded her arms across her chest, her eyes having the sort of glazed look that happens when we contact each other.

"She says that she is old enough to hear cussing," Valerie said, mainly amused. "She has heard worse from her brother, father, and y- the Alpha." She changed what she was going to say when she saw me give her a pointed look. Valerie knew that I didn't want to be associated with him, even though everyone here knew that Nathaniel was my father.

"It still doesn't mean that I have to cuss in front of her," I replied, glancing at Caroline before looking at her. "It is bad enough that both Snitch and Maddie had heard me cussing all the time. Snitch is using it when I am not around."

"Well, I do need to get going," Reeves said. "Caroline wants to stay with you." He cleared his throat and looked at his little sister. He didn't want to leave her, but he knew that she was safe with me. "Is that..."

I nodded my head. "Like I said before, I am more than happy for them to stay with me for as long as they need me. I have even offered it to you, but you really didn't want to leave your newly formed pack."

Reeves nodded his head and smiled tiredly. "I'll keep a close eye on your pack. He's been trying to get others to help. Some had seen me and kind of knew that you were here. Seems to me that you scare them more than he does."

I smirked, my eyes flashing to those that belong to my Wolf. "Of course I do," I said. "They knew that I will be able to kick their butts if they mess with my pack and I. Even if they were not afraid, I'd like to see them try to take me out."

***

"So, what is Moria?" Peter asked, sitting in a seat across from Drake and I. He placed his arm across Thomas's shoulder, and I could tell that my cousin was a little uncomfortable with it, but he didn't try to remove it.

"A Goddess," I said, looking at Thomas before looking at Peter. "She is a good Goddess but a Goddess nonetheless." I watched as he stiffened and blinked, ignoring the way he pushed my cousin behind him. "I'm... an apprentice to a God, her husband."

"So, are you like Alpha Nathaniel?" Peter asked. He narrowed his eyes at me, causing me to growl out a warning. "How do I know that you won't kill us?"

"You don't, but I do," Thomass said. He pulled Peter's arm off of his shoulders and moved a bit away from him, ignoring the small protest Peter had given him. "I know that you have seen the bad that Nathaniel had done, but that doesn't mean that Sky is like that. Jerecho is not a bad God, and he wouldn't use Sky for his own gain."

"More or less, he is more like a father to me than Nathaniel is," I added. I looked to where Jerecho was "standing" and nodded for him to appear. "I am probably going to need your help with getting him out. I have no idea what he has put up."

Jerecho nodded his head, appearing into view. He glanced at Peter with an annoyed expression, and I knew that he didn't appreciate him thinking bad about me nor him. He looked at me, but the annoyance was still clear on his face. "I have informed Collin with what has happened. He said that you better have a fucking dragon and let him ride it every once in a while."

I blinked, not even mad that he had told Collin what had happened. I was sure that I was going to need his help and others as well. "I do not think that I have a dragon myself," I said. "However, I am sure that I will probably be riding a dragon. There are some where you live."

Jerecho nodded his head. "You think that you'll be riding one to try and kill him?" he asked.

"Kill who?" Peter asked. He glanced warily at Jerecho, and I could tell that he thought he was going to hurt him or his mate. He didn't understand that I hadn't sold my soul to Jerecho for my powers like Nathaniel had done for him.

I shrugged my shoulder. "I am sure that I have to fight him in the place where he is being held. However, I need to figure out what the God Killer is supposed to do first."

"Kill Gods," Valerie said. She nodded to Caroline who was sitting next to her. "That is what she had said."

"There is more to that than kill Gods," Jerecho said, looking at her. "It is hard to kill a God, and if someone is close to finding out how to kill them, then the Council steps in and eliminate the threat."

"Then why haven't they gone after her?" Thomas asked. "Or is it because she had been blessed by three Gods?"

"That might be one reason," Jerecho said. He looked at Peter. "Unlike Nathaniel and the two other Reeves, Sky didn't sell her soul to me. I had blessed her with my magic when I saw that she was protecting people, her small group. She had stolen from me, and I had turned her into a bird first before turning her back into a human."

"I am not being controlled by Jerecho, unlike Nathaniel and the others who are being controlled by him. Jerecho became a guide for me. My teacher. If anything happens to him, then I take over his position. That is what it means."

"Well," Peter said, looking at Jerecho. "I guess if Skylar and Thomas say that you are good and trust you, then I'll trust you. However, if you try anything to my mate, then you will have to deal with me."

Jerecho nodded his head. "And, if you do anything to them, then you will have to deal with me," he said. "I am a fair and just God, but I swore to Luna that I will protect them and I will. They have had a lot of stuff thrown on their shoulders at a young age, and it is important to her that they stay alive."

Peter nodded his head. "Deal." He looked at me. "So, what's the plan on getting the kid out? I think that is the most important thing to do right now."

"But first, my mate needs sleep, so we'll talk about that later," Drake said. He pulled me closer to him and placed a kiss on my forehead. "And then we will get him out."