Chapter 49 (Edited)

I leaned forward and clutched the spine in front of me as the dragon, Aargon flew towards the cluster of trees. My whole body was tense, and I prayed that I wasn't too late.

I knew that my time was almost up, and I had to get to the Orethenal someway, somehow.

"You can't use the sword just yet," Aargon said, his voice being carried by the wind. "We don't-"

"I know," I replied. "We don't need Mahklha to know that I have the sword. I still have the two swords that I have used, so I was going to use those.

Aargon growled in agreement. "Get ready," he said, causing me to nod my head. "We are close."

I took a deep breath and started to shift to the side. I kept my gaze forward as I counted out the seconds before I needed to let go.

"Now," Aargon called out. He turned towards the left and rolled over, causing me to let go. He flew higher into the clouds, making sure that he wasn't seen.

I dove to the ground below, the wind rushing through my ears. I wasn't afraid, knowing that I would be able to land safely on the ground.

"Mehera," I called out, shooting a ball of fire out of my hands. I killed a couple of the Shazaraks that surrounded Miza before landing behind him, facing the other way.

"It's so nice for you to finally show up," Miza said, pushing them away from us.

I shot a ball of magic into the air, calling my swords to me before shooting a ball of fire at the Shazaraks around us. "I had something to do," I replied, catching the swords as they dropped down. "Duck." I swiped across the Shazaraks after Miza had ducked, killing those near us.

"You could have finished sooner," he grumbled, causing me to roll my eyes. "I had been killing these things left and right. To your left."

I moved to my right letting Miza attack towards my right. I stabbed at the one nearest to his back, killing him instantly. "Good," I replied. "We have to kill all of them."

Miza paused in killing them, causing me to attack his unprotected back. "Seriously?" he asked, causing me to nod my head. "Why?"

"It's time," I replied. I flicked my swords behind me and swiped up to catch two of the Shazaraks off guard. "Why are you going to do your true form?"

"Well, it'll be easier to kill them all at one time," Miza replied. "Do you think you can protect me as I say the spell?"

"'Course," I replied. "Just make it quick. It's almost time."

Miza nodded his head and started to mutter something in a language that I didn't understand. Power filled the air around him as he grew larger and brighter.

I danced around him, killing all of the Shazaraks that decided to come close. My whole body was tense as I watched them, waiting for Miza to tell me when I needed to move. I didn't know what spell he was doing, but I could tell that it would take a lot of energy for the God to complete it.

"Now!" Miza exclaimed, causing me to jump out of the way. A bright flash of light appeared from all around him, killing the creatures of evil.

I created a shield around me and covered my head with my arms to protect myself from the blinding lights. I waited until there was no sound of screaming before taking down the shield and surveying the barren land filled with bodies of dead Shazaraks.

My gaze flickered this way and that as I moved from my crouched position. My breath caught in my throat when I noticed Miza slouched against a tree and started to make my way towards him. I had no idea if he was injured or not and prayed that he was only exhausted from the energy he had used.

Miza lifted his head as if he felt my gaze on him and offered me a small smile. His eyes were filled with pain, and we both knew that it was time for me to leave. He glanced behind me and watched as Aargon landed behind me. "Bela fil," he said, bowing his head towards me.

I stopped what I was doing and looked at Aargon. I wanted to go towards Miza, but I knew that I wouldn't be able to. "Bela fil," I replied, looking back at my teacher. "Pera."

I turned towards the dragon and walked towards him. "Ready?" I asked, hopping onto his back.

Aargon nodded his head. "I should be asking you the same thing," he said. He looked at Miza who was staring at us with an unknown emotion in his eyes. "Someone will come and collect you, Councilman," he said. "Your job isn't done yet, but your paths in this battle has ceased."

Miza nodded his head. "Then all I ask is for you take care of her, Dagon," he said.

Aargon nodded his head and flew into the sky. He didn't say a word left Miza because nothing needed to be said. All that was said had been said, and talking would have been a waste of time and breath.