Chapter 41 (Edited)

After I had finished going over stuff with Miza and Moria and changing into different clothes, I was transported into the woods near my pack and had this... unnerving feeling.

The air around me was thick with Dark Magic, and it caused me to growl out. "Recen," I snarled, letting my magic show. "Valforn."

The Dark Magic around me grew thicker before it receded.

I growled in annoyance and made my way to the pack house. The runes on my skin grew brighter before receding as well, warning anyone that practiced Dark Magic that I was out and about.

An owl landed near me and blinked. The owl hooted and ruffled his feathers, and I could feel the concern coming off of Jerecho.

"I am safe," I said. "Tell the Councilmen what has happened, and have them be prepared. He might be coming sooner than we hope."

The owl nodded his head and flew off, leaving me alone once more.

I took a deep breath and rubbed the bridge of my nose, feeling a headache appear. My whole body ached, and all I wanted to do was find my mate and try to get some sleep before tomorrow.

The movement to my left caught my eye, causing me to point in that direction. The figure hid behind a tree, causing me to raise an eyebrow.

I took a deep breath and smelt my mate's scent and huffed, feeling annoyed. "Drake, what are you doing?" I asked. "And, why the hell are you hiding from me?"

Drake walked out from behind the bush, looking rather guilty. "I went to check the border. One of the pack members said they had felt something different near it."

"It's Dark Magic," I said. I took a deep breath and tried to relax my tense body. "It means that he has been gaining more strength faster than we had hoped."

Drake nodded his head, worry flashing through his eyes. "My pack?"

"Is safe. The Council has been warned. Hopefully, they'll keep an eye out seeing as he has been using Nathaniel more than ever."

"What about the other Reeves?" he asked, causing me to shrug my shoulder. "Do you know if Carlton has any contact with them?"

"I hope not," I replied. I started to walk back to the pack house followed by Drake. "I am going to need to go away for a couple of days," I said.

"Again?" Drake asked, his voice holding a bit of sadness in it. "Why?"

"My memories have been changed by him dealing with Miza," I said. "It was a very powerful and dark spell that causes the person that had been affected by it to go insane or die."

"You aren't going to die or go insane are you?" Drake asked. He ran ahead of me and opened the door to my house, waiting for me to enter.

"I will try not to," I said. I nodded my head in thanks and glanced around the room to see Thomas and Snitch playing a video game with Virgel watching them.

"Try not to what?" Thomas asked, pausing the game.

"Hey," Snitch complained. He pouted and tossed the controller onto the couch beside him. "I was winning."

"Shush," Thomas said. "What are you trying not to do?"

"Go insane," I replied. "I'm going try and get the memories that had been changed back to the way they were."

Thomas sat up and looked at me, worry filling his eyes. "This happened during the Orthenal?" he asked, causing me to nod my head.

"Orthenal?" Virgel asked, turning around and looking at me. Curiosity shone in his eyes, "What's that?"

"It's where the planet's lineup and time stop in one of the realms of Earth," I replied, looking at him. I felt guilty not spending time with my little brother, but I had been busy these past few days. It didn't help that it was almost time for this big battle.

"Who's doing it?" Thomas asked. "The spell?"

"Miza," I replied. "He said that I had trusted him before all the stuff with him."

"I guess that means we're going to have to find someone desperate looking?" Snitch asked. "I mean if you do turn again."

"I do have a mate this time," I said, shrugging my shoulder. "We'll have to see what happens."

"So, are you asking us for permission, or are you going to do it?" Thomas asked.

"This is something that I have to ask Drake about, seeing as he is my mate, and we are unmarked and unmated."

"Which reminds me... can I just... mark you?" Drake asked, rubbing the back of his neck, sheepishly. "It has been a couple of months, and my Wolf had been wanting me to..."

I hesitated, surprised. After everything that had happened, I thought that he would run for the hills. I mean, everything with the pack was mainly my fault. I was the one that had brought them into this huge mess.

"Don't look so surprised, Sky," Drake said, catching my look. He offered me a small smile. "I promised that I wouldn't reject you." He shrugged and grimaced. "Besides, Jerecho scares me more than Mahklaha."

I bit back a snort and nodded my head in understanding. Jerecho could be scary when he wanted to be, and his anger made him scarier.

"So, I think that you should do it," Drake said. "But... can we..?" He cleared his throat and moved a hand through his hair.

I grabbed a letter when it appeared out of nowhere and opened it up. I pursed my lips and narrowed my eyes reading it.

"What is it?" Thomas asked. Worry filled his eyes because he could see the Head Council's insignia on the envelope.

"Miza thinks that is a good idea," I said, handing the note to Drake. "Me getting marked."

Drake cleared his throat, his facing turning a bit red. "Uh... are you sure about the other part?"

I shrugged my shoulder making sure that my face blank. The other part of the letter suggested that both Drake and I had sex to strengthen the bond between us. The letter also stated that it might help me not go insane.

"What other part?" Thomas asked.

"That is up to you," I said, looking at my mate. "Miza is as nervous about doing this as us."

"It doesn't help that Mahklaha had paid me a visit while you were gone," Drake muttered underneath his breath, running a hand through his hair.

"What did he want?" I all but growled out as anger filled my body.

"Jerecho was there," Drake said. He took a deep breath and sighed. "He basically said that it will happen in five days and that I am prepared to lose my mate."

"What will happen in five days?" Thomas asked, catching my grave look.

"The planets lining up again," I replied. "Orthenal is about to happen."

Virgel frowned and furrowed his brows. Worry filled his eyes, and I could tell he knew something bad could happen during the Orthenal. "And that's bad. Right?"

I nodded, gravely. "Very," I replied. "If Mahklaha wants to try to get out, then he will do it then."