Chapter 29 (Edited)

"Who the hell are you?" the same male asked. He narrowed his eyes at me and took a threatening step towards me, causing me to move Katie behind me. He growled out, protectively, causing Payton to bristle and growl out.

"The infamous Skylar Ross," another male said, walking through the bushes. He glanced at me and then glanced at the male. Power moved around the male, and I could tell that he was the Alpha of the pack. Again, he glanced at me. "Or should I say the infamous Luna Skylar Ross."

"And you are?" I asked with some sass, causing Katie to snort. I let go of my Beta and folded my arms across my chest. "I can sense that you are the new Alpha of the pack. Alpha's Son perhaps?"

The male nodded his head. "I am," he confirmed. He held his hand out to me. "Jethro Carmen. It's nice to finally meet you."

"Likewise," I replied, shaking his hand. I glanced at the male behind him. "And you are..?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"MIguel," he replied. He glanced at Katie and then looked at me. "How do you know Katalina?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

Katie scowled when I gave her a look. "Don't even say it," she said, seeing my smirk. "It's bad enough that he calls me Katalina."

"Hmph," I replied before looking at Miguel. "She's my Beta," I replied. I glanced at Katie before looking back at him. "Something has happened to her which caused her to run from my small pack."

Miguel raised an eyebrow. "And what happened? She wouldn't tell us." He narrowed his eyes at Jethro, and I could tell that the Alpha knew what had happened to her. "Or just me."

Karie looked down and bit her lip. Her whole body was tense, but she didn't say a word. Her eyes begged for me not to tell, and I could tell that she felt like it was her fault for getting rejected.

"I can not say," I said, looking at Miguel. "It is up to her to tell you or not. I can say that the person that had hurt her had been somewhat dealt with by having a curse placed on them."

Miguel furrowed his brows in confusion. "Curse?" he asked. "What type?"

I shook my head before looking at Jethro. "Can I talk to you, Alpha? Privately?"

Katie furrowed her brows. She knew that I was getting restless from staying away my pack too long, and I was sure she wanted to catch up with me. "What about... me?" she asked.

"I wouldn't have came all this way not to see you, Katalina," I said, glancing at Katie and causing her to scowl. "I just would like to Jethro first."

Katie frowned but nodded her head. "If you are sure... " she replied, hesitantly.

I bit back a smirk. "I'll take you out for lunch." I held out Drake's wallet. "Drake's treat."

***

"So, what is it that you wanted to talk to me about with Katie not being here?" Jethro asked as we entered the Alpha's room. He sat in his chair and watched as I touched the symbol on the door, the same symbol that was on the book. "Luna Skylar?" he asked again, when I didn't answer.

"Skylar is just fine," I replied. I shook my head and closed the door before making my way to the the desk. I sat down in front of him and tucked my feet underneath my body. "How much has she told you?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

Jethro leaned against his seat and studied me. There was something in his eye that I didn't like, but I knew better than to try to make a scene. "She told me almost everything," he replied. "She was drunk, so I didn't really believe her."

"But..?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. I knew that he had a 'but'. I knew that there was a 'but', because he wouldn't be looking at me like that if there wasn't.

"But, it's true. Isn't it?" he asked, leaning forward. His whole body was relaxed, but a part of him was on edge. Whatever Katie had told him made him feel a bit uncomfortable for whatever reason. "You know a God and have powers?"

I nodded my head, slowly. I didn't know why I wasn't feeling wary that he knew, and I wondered if it was because of the marking on the door. "I do," I confirmed. "I am an apprentice to the God Jerecho."

Jethro nodded his head. "Do you think you can show me?" he asked. He looked like a little kid, and I couldn't help but find it amusing. It was like he knew what I said was true, but he wanted something "magical".

I nodded my head and took a deep breath. I closed my eyes and held my hands out in front of me. I was somewhat nervous that my powers would act up, but I hoped that they wouldn't. I was sure that Jerecho would be nearby if they did start to act up. I just wasn't sure how far Mahlkha's reach was. "Before I do..." I said, opening my eyes and causing Jethro to growl out. I scowled, causing the Alpha to clear his throat.

"My apologies," he said, gesturing for me to continue.

I scowled again but cleared my throat instead of commenting on his rude behavior. "My powers have been acting weird. Jerecho has been trying to make it so that they wouldn't, but it hasn't been working that well." I rubbed the bracelets, causing him to stare at them.

"Why are they acting weird?" Jethro asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Some God has it in for me," I replied. "He's been causing trouble wherever he went, and he wants me dead." I shrugged my shoulder. "He's locked up, sort of, but he is able to gain "followers". Council ain't doing anything about it."

Jethro leaned back in his seat. "So, you have been there?" he asked, excited. "Are you her?"

I narrowed my eyes suspiciously. "What do you mean by "her"?" I asked.

"The so called "God killer". Legend has it that she has been blessed by three Gods and is the one that is supposed to save the world from turning in on itself." Jethro got up from where he was sitting and went to his bookshelf. "There is a story about her," he commented, pulling out what looked like an old picture book. "My dad used to read it to me all the time." He flipped to a page and set it down in front of me. He pointed to a picture that looked like the same one in the book that Jerecho had. "Is that you?"

I shrugged my shoulder. "It looks like me," I replied. "But, I don't have a dragon."

"There are dragons there. Right? In Ilrion?"

I hesitated but nodded. "How do you know of Ilrion?" I asked, the thought of showing my powers to him forgotten. "Not a lot of people do."

Jethro flipped to the first page of the children's book and pointed to the name of the pack. "We use Black Paws Pack as a cover up," he said. "My name is Jethro Carmen, Alpha of the Insami Meir Pack."