Chapter 14 (Edited)

After the hour was up, the whole group, excluding Katie, and including Drake and Ben, we all were piled into a van and were going to see Jerecho. My anger and annoyance was still higher than normal, and I knew that it was because I didn't have Katie with me. I knew that she would be all right, but I couldn't help but feel as if her leaving was my fault.

Drake grabbed my hand and squeezed it, reassuringly. He looked at me, and I could see the pity in his eyes. He must have caught my look because he just turned his head back to the front. He kept his hand in mine, however, and if I was being honest, I kind of liked it.

"So... where is this God friend of yours located?" Ben asked.

"Happy Howie's," I replied. "He is, actually, the owner of the whole franchise."

"You're kidding," Ben said with a breathless chuckle.

I turned to look at him and scowled. "You will learn this very quickly, Benjamin, I do not kid. I do not joke around, so I would watch it if I were you." My eyes flashed, and I could tell that he was getting nervous.

"He said it like that is because we usually eat at Hungry Howie's," Drake said, squeezing my hand. "They have the best pizza for miles around."

"The Snitch's Sample was made by me," Snitch said, joining in on the conversation. "I was bored one day, so Moria had me make a new flavor." He shrugged. "It was either that or being with the customers and steal stuff while they weren't looking."

"He has done that a lot of times," I replied. "Most of the times, I have him just steal food and leave the cash stealing to me."

"Which reminds me, do you think I can have the money that you had taken from me?" Drake asked looking at me. "I found my wallet."

I pursed my lips but complied to his wishes. I reached into my pocket and gave him the amount of money that I had taken from him. "Here," I said. "That is all of what I had taken."

Drake didn't move his hand from mine. He just glanced at me, and I could tell that he wanted me to keep it. Pride shown in his eyes, and I was sure that he was just testing to see if I would keep or take the money away from him.

"Then why the fuck did you make me take it out of my pocket?" I grumbled putting the money back into my pocket, causing my mate to just look at me with a smirk on his face. I huffed and watched as we pulled into the parking lot of Happy Howie's and got out of the van.

Bernie moved to my side when we started to walk in, and I could tell that she was nervous. She had one hand holding onto her sister while the other was holding onto her mate. She looked around, and I knew that she thought that someone from her pack would be here.

I gave her a reassuring look before making it to the front desk. My whole body ease tense, and I knew that I was going to have some problems with this female before me. "Is J here today?" I asked, scowling when she looked me up and down, pursing her lips.

She looked at her nails, and I could tell that she really didn't care about her job. All she wanted was easy money, even though Jerecho made sure that everyone, even this girl, worked. "Sorry, I am not allowed to help... help." Again, she looked me up and down, and I could see the disgust in her eyes.

I growled and slammed my hands on the desk in front of me. I ignored Drake when he placed his hand on my back, not caring that he was trying to help me calm down. I wanted to punch her in the face, but I knew that Jerecho wouldn't like that, at least not in his shop. "Listen here... nymph, if you want to keep your job, then I suggest that you tell J that Sky is here. And, J does help "the help"," I spat.