Chapter 51 (Edited)

I dodged Mahklaha's attack as soon as everything cleared and twisted towards him. I opened my eyes and snarled at him. "Mahklha," I said, coldly.

Mahklha sneered at me in disgust. He looked older and weaker than he did, his black hair turning gray. He was thinner, his robes hanging off of him like a second skin. "Skylar," he said, bowing mockingly. "It is so nice to see you. Tell me, how is your father?"

I snarled and bared my teeth. "You should know," I said, causing him to smirk. I took a threatening step towards him. "How many?"

Mahklha arched an eyebrow. His face paled a little, and I could tell that he didn't think I would ask that. "What do you mean?" he asked.

"You know what I mean. How many people have you taken control over that I need to kill to be free of you."

Mahklha's face changed from one with fear to a sneer. He showed his teeth, causing me to growl a warning. "Do you really think that I will tell you?" he asked, taking a threatening step. "You are weak, Skylar. You will not be able to find them."

I cocked my head and regarded him with cold eyes. "I don't need to," I replied. "You will be trying to get your revenge on me after I had killed you. You will be making them come to me until I kill them, one by one, and your control over this world will end."

He snorted. "Like you can defeat me. You are weak, weak minded and weak spirited."

"Didn't you just call me weak?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "What is it with you repeating the same damn thing over and over again?"

Mahklha didn't say a word but scowled.

I pulled my sword out, the silver-blue blade glowing with light from inside the blade. "Enough talking," I said, pointing it towards him. "It's time to die."

Mahklha held his hands out and smirked. "Are you seriously going to attack an old man that has no way to defend himself?"

"Yes," I replied, dismissively. "I am no hero, Mahklha. I have no morals. I took a step forward and snarled. "You made me this way." I didn't attack him yet, knowing that he had something up his sleeve. I took a deep breath and waited, feeling rather impatient with this God.

Mahklha snarled. "My powers are bound to the Pit. I have no way to protect myself from you, Deira." He spat my title in disgust, causing me to roll my eyes. He narrowed his eyes at me, and I could feel the hatred coming off of him in waves.

"I don't give a damn," I said, not caring if he hated me. I hated him, hated everything that he had put me through and how he had tried to make me forget who and what I was. I lifted my sword a bit, causing the old man to look at it. "Well? Get on with it." I rolled my eyes when he cocked his head and furrowed his brows in "confusion". "I know that you are planning something, Mahklha. So, get on with it."

He tried to hold back a smirk but failed. His dark eyes were filled with joy, and I knew that whatever he had would be painful, to say the least. "Oh? And what do I have planned?" He reached into his robe, causing me to shift every so slightly.

I shrugged my shoulder. "You have practiced Dark Magic for centuries. Do not tell me that you can't pull something out of your sleeves."

"You are so smart, Skylar. You should get a reward." He threw something at me, causing me to duck and roll away.

A loud bang sounded behind me, causing rubble and dirt to fall where I had last stood. Some and dust filled the air, turning the once clear air into a hazy mist and causing it to be harder to see.

Mahklha threw many balls of magic at areas that he thought I was at, getting more and more agitated. "Come out," he snarled, lifting his lip to snarl. He had stopped throwing the balls of magic, the power that he did manage to save spent. "Or are you a chicken?"

I chuckled, coldly and stayed where I was at. I had not been hit by his magic, having put up a shield beforehand. The balls just bounced off of it, but Mahklha had not been paying attention to it. "Can't you feel me?" I asked, causing Mahklha to turn to the left and face the wrong direction. "I am right here."

Mahklha turned the other way and didn't see anything. He was still facing the wrong direction, causing me to smirk.

"I am everywhere, Mahklha, and anywhere. I am right behind you." I stayed in my spot and watched as he turned to face behind him.

His heart started to pound in fear, and I could see the doubt flicker in his eyes. He was starting to realize that I was powerful, more powerful than he had thought when he had captured me all of those years ago. "Where are you?" he asked, twisting this way and that. His voice wavered, causing me to smirk.

"Haven't you been paying attention?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "Or have you been just throwing your balls of magic at random." I moved to the side, my shield still protecting me from his view. "I could be anywhere, and you wouldn't know it. I could torture you, and you wouldn't have been able to protect yourself."

"I still have the people that sold their soul to me," he threatened, causing me to roll my eyes. "I can send them to your pack and make them kill everyone, especially your mate."

"You are in no position to threaten me, Mahklha," I said. "Especially when your life's on the line." I paused. "I am not going to ask you where are the bodies that you have put your soul into because I honestly do not care. I will find them, and one by one, they will die by hands. You can not create any more of those soulless creatures. Your pets have all been killed off."

Mahklha roared and charged into the direction that I was in, still not able to see me. Blinded by anger and fury, he didn't know that I had taken down my shield and stabbed him through the heart until he had run into it. He stopped running and looked down, his mouth open wide.

I watched as the life in his eyes faded away, not fazed and watched his body crumble to the ground. I didn't need a long battle that was going to drag on and on. I already had to deal with it when I faced the Shazaraks, and I knew that I was going to have to face one when I helped my pack defeat the enemy packs that Mahklha had sent our way.

I pulled my sword from his lifeless body and watched as his whole body disappeared until nothing was left. I didn't say a word as I turned in the direction that Aargon was going to pick me up and started to walk that way.

My sword gleamed a bright blue light, filling the darkness and warning the others down here that I was not someone to mess with. If they did want to mess with me, then they were going to have to deal with my sword, and it still wanted blood, blood of those that tried to stand in my way.

And blood, it shall receive.