Chapter 15 (Edited)

"Go calm down," Jerecho's Beloved, Moria, said, ficking him in the ear. She raised an eyebrow when he scowled. "Then you can come over and listen to everything that had happened."

Jerecho swatted at Moria but didn't say a word. He glanced at me and then at Drake before looking at me. He wanted to know if I would be able to just help him calm down but decided against it. "I will be back," he said. "I am sure that she will want to know what I had done."

"I am sure that she will be fine with it," I replied. "She was fine with..." I shrugged and pursed my lips. I did not want Ben to know that I had "powers" just yet because I did not know how he would react. I, also, did not trust him, so that was another reason.

Jerecho nodded and kissed his Beloved, understanding what I was trying to say. "I will be back," he promised before he disappeared.

Moria sighed and moved a hand a through her hair. Worry filled her brown eyes as she looked where Jerecho went before she looked at my group. She smiled warmly at Bernie and Ari. "I am sorry about him. He cares about those two girls as if they are his daughters," she said. She shook her head and cleared her throat. "I am Moria..." She glanced at me.

"They are Bernie and Ari," I replied. "Bernie is Toby's mate." I gestured to my mate. "This is Drake. He's the Alpha of Heartfield Pack. Ben is the Beta."

Moria nodded. "Have you heard from Collen?" she asked. She waved her hand and food appeared on the table. "Go eat," she added, looking at my group. She watched as they started to get food before turning her attention back to me.

"I had received a letter from him. He says that he is nearby." I took a piece of bread and started to eat it.

She nodded her head and took some food. "I think Jerecho and I will be near by, also. I don't like how you are close to him, but I know that you are going to have to be close." She glanced at my mate, and I did not have to look at him to tell that Drake was confused.

I nodded my head. I was grateful that they would be close because, I knew that I was going to need them if I do encounter some of the members of the pack. I was about to speak was silenced when my mate's phone started to ring.

Drake nudged me when his phone started to ring, causing me to move out of the booth. "Excuse us for a sec," he said to Moria. He gestured for me and his Beta to go with him, and I lead him into one of the rooms that were here. Drake took his phone out of his pocket and placed it on speaker. "This is Drake," he said, his Alpha attitude coming into play.

"Alpha Drake," an all too familiar voice called. "It's Alpha Nathaniel Parker from High Rise Pack, and I have a favor to ask of you."

***

My whole body tensed when I heard that. Memories of a sneering man appeared in my mind, but I quickly pushed it away. I did not want my mate to worry, nor notice my change in behavior, but I could tell that he did.

Drake furrowed his brows and studied me. Worry filled his eyes, and I knew that he could tell that I was hiding something. "Alpha Nathaniel, how are you?" he asked. "What can I do for you?"

"I was wondering if it would be alright if we can combined packs."

"May I ask why?" Drake asked.

"There were a lot of Rogues sightings," he replied. "And..." He sighed. "There had been an attack. A third of my pack has been killed while half has been injured." He cleared his throat. "Our pack houses has been destroyed, and I am sure that they will try to attack again."

Drake frowned. "Have you tried to find another pack?"

"Yes," he replied. "I haven't heard back from them."

Drake raised an eyebrow. Worry filled his eyes, and I knew that he was worried about the others. I could tell that he didn't really like this Alpha, but he wasn't one to turn people away that need help. "I will see what I can do. I have to make some arrangements and talk to some people." He looked at me.

"Thank you, Alpha Drake," he said. "I will be expecting that call."

Drake hung up the phone and looked at me. "Care to explain why you got tensed?" he asked. "Don't lie and say that you just heard stories about him. I know that you know something... personal."

I closed my eyes and sighed. I knew that I was going to have to tell him, but I was a bit scared as to how he would react. If what Nathaniel said was true, then there were a lot of people that were homeless and hurt. I didn't want them to suffer because Nathaniel did something to me a long time ago.

"Sky?" Drake asked. He moved a hand through my hair, causing me to open my eyes and stare at him. Worry filled his eyes as he looked at me. He tried to see what I was hiding but couldn't find anything in my face. "What is it?"

I took a deep breath and sighed. "Alpha Nathaniel is my... father. He... is the reason that Katie and I had left."