Chapter 1

Dedicated to my bae: khadeeja25
The school is named after her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I rushed downstairs searching everywhere.

"Where is it? Where is it?!" I literally shouted

"Chill out Taylor! I know you'll find it." my mom says

"MOM! You have no idea what this means to me! Plus if I don't get it in time I might be late for school!" I say flying things everywhere.

The place was now a complete mess.

"I hope you clean that up, missy!" Mom says

Oh how I was getting angry! I started stamping and pacing around then

"Aaaaah!" I screamed as I slipped on something landing on my back and the paper I was looking for on my face.

I giggled as I realized how ridiculous I was acting.

"Got it!" I said as I got up, grabbed my bag and kissed my mom goodbye.

My name is Taylor Ashley James. I'm fourteen years old and my birthday is July 13th. I have green eyes and dirty blonde hair that reaches below my shoulders. I'm an only child and I moved to LA with my mom last year. My school's alright I attend the McLauren middle school. My friends? Meh! I'm friends with everyone!

So I know you are wondering what I was looking for. Well there is this competition at my school 'The Eager Earth Poster Competition' we are supposed to draw a poster with something to do with earth week; like conserving energy and stuff. The winners get $500 and have their poster up in the main hall.

It's Friday so now I'm running my way to school alone. My best friend left me because she didn't want to be late. I burst through the school's doors and then heard the principal on the intercom.

"One more minute till the entries are closed!"

'Oh no!' I thought and started to run to the principal's office which was way on the other side of the school now.

"Hey Tay whe–"

"EMERGENCY!!!" I yelled and pushed Penny Paul, my best friend, out of the way. She had black hair that always curved under her face and brown eyes. She also lived right across from me. But all this isn't important now. I'm on a mission. (A/N: dang this girl is overdramatic smh )

I ran faster and I was near the library. For some weird reason there was a crowd of people. I tried pushing through but that took forever so I stooped down and slid across the floor. My clothes was surprisingly not dirty when I got up.

I was a couple feet away from the office when I tripped on the laces of my vans.

"Noooo!" I said as my paper flew out of my hand.

It drifted through the air like a falling leaf and slowly floating down a flight of stairs. I got up quickly.

"Oh no!" I said looking down the stairs.

I turned around and just slumped on the floor.

"This is it. My life is over!" I sighed

"I believe this is yours?" I heard.

All of a sudden there stood a tall lady in a blue and white suit wearing glasses. As I got a better glance I realized it was Mrs Clover Richards, Mia Richards' mom. Thy were filthy rich, so rich that once I caught Mia throwing money in the trash out of boredom.

Mrs Richards was judging the posters this year. I looked at what she had. It was my paper.

" thanks so much!"

"If you're fast enough you can get it in!" She said

I ran and heard "twelve second left, Ten... Nine... Eight... Seven... Six..."

I was at the door at six. It wasn't opening! I tugged and tugged. I had no idea what was wrong.

"Five... Four..."

HELP...