Chapter 4

~/Taylor's Pov\~

I went to my locker and flew in my books. I saw Penny coming over. I had no idea I left her. She finally arrived.

"Omg, Penny I'm so sorry; I left you behind."

"It's okay, I walked with cherelie and also left you and your new boyfriend to talk while I spoke with her." She smirks

"Boyfriend? Who, Kirby? Not seeing that happening!" I say with a disgusted look on my face

"Yeeeaaahh, suuure," she says poking me in the side multiple times

"Stop," I say pushing her hand away "let's get to the auditorium"

There were not many students there yet so we sat in the center until the principal asked all twenty participants to sit at the front. When the students arrived there was a lot of chatter.

The assembly commenced and the entire of sixth period was used to speak about school rules. Then they started speaking about the competition's rules in the seventh period. Finally halfway through seventh period the action initiated. The principal came on stage with another teacher.

"Ok so every participant can't be the winner but in my eyes you all are winners. That's why each one of you get a certificate of participance. Ms. Renae will be giving out all the awards and certificates"

After about 5 minutes we all got our certificate.

"So the judges have decided and there will only be the top three participants who will get the various awards. Second runner up gets $75. First runner up gets a coupon; 70% off anything you order at Starbucks and $200. The winner gets their poster enlarged and put up into the main hall and $500. Now for the results. Second runner up; Cammi Renolds!"

The girl runs up on stage and collects her stuff.

"First runner up; ..........Taylor A James!"

"Me?" I sigh.

Oh well. Atleast I got a place. I'm still a bit happy. I walked onstage, put on a fake smile for the photos and tool my check and coupon.

"And what you've all been waiting for, the winner of the EEPC is....... Kirby Buckets!"

My eyes grew wide. Kirby, beat, me? It's like he was sent to destroy my life. But whatever, I know I'm great at drawing. I applauded him and smiled even though I was dying inside.

He collects his stuff and gets off stage. He makes his way through the audience and sits next to me because somehow a seat opened up. I guess that person didn't get in so they went to cry. I da know.

"Congrats!" I say not looking at him

"Thanks, uhhmm. I really think you should've won."

I look at him "sure,"

"Yeah I mean I saw your poster."

"Yeah whatev–wait what? So you're saying you cheated? CHEATER! CHEATER OVER HER–"

"No! No, no, no, no!" He says stopping me from yelling

"So what are you saying?"

"I'm saying, I gave it to the principal so you wouldn't be out of the competition"

(A/N: writing this I was like "I did not see that coming!)

I thought for a while "really?" He nods "thanks"

"Hey, wanna hang out after school?" He asks out of nowhere.

What he did was cool but he's not totally on my good side.

"I don't know"

"I could show you some of my sketches, you can show me some of yours. Cause I see you're an artist." He smirks

"Alright!" I roll my eyes