Chapter 29

~/katie's Pov\~

I sat down on my bed my knees clutched to my chest as I rest my head back on the headboard of my bed. First impression in high school; epic failure. I brush my frizzy hair back as I stretched out my feet and sighed. How come I could be so stupid? How come I could mess up so bad? I grip the roots of my hair with my fingertips tightly remembering what happened yesterday.

*the day before*

I was about to open the door knowing there was a person impatiently knocking at my door. I opened it to see the one and only Trever Hendez. I grinned widely at the super cute figure in front of me.

"Hey, sorry for intruding." He smiled and i nod "remember me? I'm–"

"Trever Henderson, selfie guy right?" I ask interrupting

He sheepishly smile his cheek turning merely pinker "guilty as charged. Khatanah aka Katie right?"

I give a thumbs up and smile "So what brings you to my house Mr. Hendez?" I query trying to play it 'cool' "stalking me?" I stifle a giggle

"Nah, i was just– I wanted to ask you something."

I crowed my brow at that "sure, ask me, I'm open!"

"I'd rather ask you later. At school. Not now." He chuckles but I didn't see the joke

"Well i was just about to leave so maybe we could leave together? just wait right here."
He nods as I ran to get my backpack and told my parents goodbye. Closing the door behind me, Trever was still waiting on my porch.

"Ready?" I ask as i jog off the porch and he follows

"The real question is 'are you ready?' "

My eyebrows knot together in confusion "what do–" I start to say but he grabs my hand and starts pulling me all the way to school.

We reached the school minutes later both of us panting from the running. My house was like a minute or two away from the school. We reached the school and apparently everyone knew. As our panting evened out he smiled at me and held out a hand. I willingly took it as we started walking to who knows where.

"So we're here at school and it's later. What's up?" I chirp

"One sec," he said speed walking forward pulling me along. Every now and then I heard a set of footsteps but ignored it thinking it was my imagination.

As we proceeded forward I saw Kirby going in the opposite direction. He saw me and smirks and I roll my eyes and grin.

Finally I was pulled into a small dark closet. I hear Trever let out a breath. He muttered something under his breath I didn't quite catch and then switch on the light. I then realize we were in the janitors closet. I put my back pack down and looked at Trever in the dim light. He looked conflicted.

"Ugh, this is hard!" He groaned

"What? Just tell me!"

He stared at me for some time until he said "I don't know, it's just..." I crowed my brow again "fine" he sighs deeply "will you go out with me? I mean I've seen you around for like a couple weeks, taken a selfie with you, smiled at you. But would you?"

At this moment my heart rate sped up, my brain stopped thinking, my breath hitched in my throat. Then there was the footsteps again and laughter. I'm not imagining this now. I heard someone outside speak.