Chapter 10

I'm trying to update more before I go to the hotel. This is kind of ironic Kirby Buckets was playing whilst I was typing this. 😂😂😂

Thanks everyone for 160 views/votes.

Reader of the week @WinterMelodi
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

~/Taylor's Pov\~

Today was Friday, my last day of detention. Caleb and I have gotten closer during and out of detention. He was a really nice guy. I'm glad even to call us just friends. I also hung out with my new crew; Penny, Katie, Caleb and Kirby. I still push Kirby away because he's hella-annoying.

I sit down at my usual desk next to Caleb. There were a couple other children arriving in the class. I put my bag on the desk and texted Penny in there. I saw Caleb laughing at my texting. I just smiled and continued.

"Is something the matter?" Ms. Violet says to Caleb

He shakes his head, no. I know I got in trouble for this once but whatever!

Tayl💞r: hey penny

She hasn't answered yet. So i send another text.

Tayl💞r: Penny! It's Taylor! Texting u live from detention!
🖊ny: stop b4 u get more detention 😂😂😂
Tayl💞r: kk 😒 bye

I stop texting and put my phone in my pocket.

*after detention*

I'm walking out of detention with Caleb and I text Penny saying it's over.

"Taylor you should not be texting in class more detention for a month!" I giggle at his imitation but then he takes my phone "I'm taking this until you learn to use it wisely."

"Caleb! Give me back my phone!" I say and he just holds it up and I can't reach it because he's taller than me.

After some time of bickering between us he finally gave me back my phone.

"Why'd you do that?!" I say playfully punching his arm.

He shrugs and chuckles "let's hangout today,"

"Okay, but at my house though. I don't think your dog likes me."

"Yes he does!" I roll my eyes but then he agrees.

I went home took a bath and changed. Caleb arrived minutes later.

"Yo lets Netflix and Chill!" Caleb says

"Kay kay but I am not getting the popcorn or choosing the movie... I'm lazy!" I say as I lay on my bed then fake frowned and he rolls his eyes.

He went downstairs but he came back a little longer than I expected. He comes in with the popcorn.

"Your mom suggested we see 'The Sponge Bob Movie' "

We sit on the bean bags and I start the movie. I can feel Caleb watching me all through the movie and a couple times he tried to put his arm around my shoulders. You know the old yawn n' drop. I didn't mind though it was kinda cute. The movie finally ended and I laughed through most of it.

"Thanks for coming! It was fun!" I say

"Thanks for having me!" He says standing to put his jacket

"We should do this again!"

"Yeah we should. Like maybe in a cinema? On a date?" He says nervously

"Wait, are you asking me out?" I say trying not to act as excited as I am inside.

"Uhhhh yes?" He says but it comes out like a question "if you want me to. Please don't hate me!" He says the last part quickly and put his hand up in defense.

I laugh at his nervousness and got up as well "why would I?" I say putting his hands down

"Sorry, let me start over!"

He goes out the door. Why'd he do that? He was not just outside. Oh well. He comes back.

"Hey TJ," he starts

That was his nickname for me. He was the only one who called me that.

"The last time you and I hung out was great,"

"So about two minutes ago?" I say and he smiles and rolls his eyes but nod.

"I'd like to do it again. Would you go out with me?"

I smile, I can't believe this is happening.

"yes!" I scream "I mean that sounds awesome!" He breathes out deeply and smiles. "But I'll have to tell my mom ab–"

"Don't worry about it. I handle it already."

What did he mean by that? I don't care right now. Caleb asked me out!

"So you like me?" I say out of nowhere. I bit my lip as I realize what I say.

"Yeah, I mean you're pretty, smart, cute, funny, kind. I don't know where to start!" I blushed

'Pretty and cute kind of means the same thing.' I thought. There was a silence but not the awkward kind. We stare at each other until Caleb starts leaning in. We were inches away from each other still leaning.

"OH, MY, GOD!"

I heard which interrupted us. I turn to the open door to see Kirby. Wow! Way to ruin the moment!