Chapter 3

~/Taylor's Pov\~

It's been a week since the entries were ended. Sometime during the week they chose 20 participants and I presume they'll announce the winners some time today.

I walked to my locker to take my books for fifth period. Then Penny came to get her books from her locker which was right beside mine.

"So science?" She asks

"Yup!" I smile

Our schedule were almost alike just 1 or two different classes in one day, sometimes little to none. The bell rang as soon as we step foot in the class. We took our seats which were in the center of the class right next to each other.

The teacher stepped in, Ms. Malyore, then says "Today use your time wisely because I'm giving you a free class to study."

Everyone hollered because no one would study anyway. They'd just chat, text, eat, play video games, read on Wattpad... That sort of stuff. Today I would be surprised because I'd not just be talking to my best friend like I normally would, things were about to change. The principal then came on the intercom.

"Six to seventh period everyone is to be in the auditorium to pronounce- I, I mean announce the the Eager Earth Poster competition. I smiled at Penny. I knew it.

"Do you think I got this?"

"Nope..." I frowned

"I know you got this!" I smiled and rolled my eyes then playfully hit her arm.

Then someone walks in but I don't pay any attention.

"Sorry I'm late Ms. Malyore, I was-"

"It's okay whatever reason. We're not doing any work today anyways but I do advice you to study" I heard them saying

I was still talking to Penny when the person comes my way and sits in the empty desk next to me. I still haven't seen who it was because I was facing Penny. After awhile the person taps me on the shoulder. Penny motions behind me.

"Hey, can you take my pencil under your chair for me please?" The person says

It sounds like a boy. I reached down under the chair for the pencil then spun around and....

"You?!!" I say wide eyed

It was 'Kirby' again.

"Well hi to you too!" He says

"How come I never realize you were in my class?"

"I don't know. Well I didn't properly introduce myself last time. I'm Kirby Buckets"

"Yeah sure, whatever. Taylor Ashley James."

He smiles and stares at me.

"What?" I say

"What do you mean?"

"You were–Never mind" He shrugs

"Anyways good luck in the competition!"

"Thanks, I'm sure you mean it," I say whispering the last part but he heard and looked at me confused.

Then the bell rang for end of fifth period.

"ANYWAYS WELL BREAK A LEG!" I shouted as I picked up my books and bag to leave.

He was drawing through the entire conversation. Oh well.