Chapter 32

~/Penny's Pov\~

*pling, pling, pling!*

I heard my phone go off. I'm tired of telling people not to text me whilst I'm doing my homework. They seldom listen. I grunt proceeding to where my phone was charging on my dresser. I press the power on button looking at the time and date. 7:30, Wednesday. Wednesday, already? Lost track of time I guess.

Last time I checked it was Monday and Taylor was pulling me this way and that to avoid Kirby, which she was still doing. Yes, I noticed. It was quite odd but I didn't want to question it again saying how I 'confronted' her on Monday. In my opinion, I was just being her best friend.

I then look at my lock screen realising I had messages from an unknown number. I hate when people do that chizz. I unlock my phone going to the text.

Unknown: hey
Unknown: Penny
Unknown: this is the best girl that ever lived

I read the message and had an idea who it was. I rolled my eyes at the text typing a reply.

Penny: Maya 😬

Maya?: whoa, chill girl you're acting like the last pair of Gucci shoes just your size were snatched out of your hands

Penny: way to put it Maya
Maya😠: oh shut up
Penny: how'd you get my number?
Maya😠: it was on the bathroom door
Penny: really?
Maya😠: what do you think dummy?
Maya😠: no I know smh people
Penny: shut the freak up and tell me what you want so I can block you already
Maya😠: oh right
Maya😠: I just thought you'd be interested in this
Maya: [sent video attachment]

I clicked the download button and the image of the video came to clear view. My eyes widened as I clicked the play button and a gasp escaped my lips. I quickly tap the escape full screen button not wanting to see any more of that. I covered my mouth with my hand which prevented me from squealing. I knew something was up with those two!

Penny: yeah, tell me something I don't know
Maya😠: well what you don't know is that that was on the day of your sister's silly party
Penny: no, Taylor was sick then
Maya😠: [sent photo attachment]

I roll my eyes staring at a screenshot of when she took the video.

Maya😠: guess she lied to you
Penny: wait why were you at her house anyways? That's invasion of privacy! What kind of monster are you?
Maya😠: you should be saying that to you "friend"
Penny: yeah, she made that mistake but you're out of hand! And you're making countless mistakes!

She kept typing but words never came.

Penny: girl get your sorry spazz self out of my DM before I give you something to be sorry about!

I deleted and blocked her number after that and sighed. I can't belief Taylor lied to me. I thought we were best friends.

~/Taylor's Pov\~

"And here you go!" I say twirling as I give Penny my gift for Peyton.

It was a Frozen's Olaf teddy since I knew how much she loved frozen. I smiled to her as she took it from my hands and I sit next to her at the lunch table. She smiled back.

"thanks," she muttered

"oh, and tell her happy belated birthday for me. I also sent a recording of me singing happy birthday horribly just to make up. But it's the thought that counts, right?"

She nods "yeah, thanks again Tay. Speaking of which, where were you?" She reaches into her pocket taking out her phone

I crowed my brow "how do you mean? I told you I was sick."

"you sure?" she asks tapping the screen of her phone furiously and I hesitantly nod as I gulped

"you don't look sick to me." She shoves her phone in my face and my eyes widened as the play button was pressed. I stare at a video of me and Kirby just peering at each other on the floor on the day of the party. I speak then he does as my face goes completely red and I smile sheepishly. Our lips pressed against each other's syncing, seconds later the video ended. It didn't go to the part where I pushed him off.

"w-w, where'd you get that?"

"Taylor, you ditched me. Again, and lied saying you were sick."

"I-" I stutter not knowing what to say, "I felt better after that?" I said unsure

"sure," she rolled her eyes "a simple 'is it okay if I hang out with Kirby instead?' would've been fine. It was just a four-year-old's party anyways! I wouldn't mind! I was just looking forward to your company. But no, you had to lie! You know I ship you guys! Hard! I'm really disappointed, Taylor. Not because you kissed him," as she said so I bit my lip as the memory filtered my brain "not because you didn't come, just that you lied. "plus, you're my best friend, you don't have to keep things from me. When you could be that friend call me." She says leaving the table and I looked at the table realising she left my gift there

Suddenly she scurries back "forgot the gift," she takes it off the table walking out again leaving me confused in my thoughts.

Kirby passes by and sees me at the table alone.He slows down his pace and I look at him in the corner of my eye. His eyeslooked as if they were saying "are you okay?". I just put my head down on thetable dismissing him and everything around me. I just can't do this. Tomorrowis homecoming and I'm not speaking to any of my friends except Trever.