Chapter 34

Dedicated to EllieEllieMag! #KirbysDate 😉
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

~/Taylors pov\~

I scrolled through my Instagram smiling at all the girls who had posted themselves in their home coming dress, double tapping some of them. They looked so excited and happy. I smile switching off my phone tossing it on my dresser when someone enter my room.

"Hows it go-" my mom starts but gasps "Taylor! I thought you'd be ready by now?"

I quirked up a smile "ready? I'm not going, remember?"

"what? I was positive Kirby would change your mind. Saying what happened yesterday."

"mom!" I covered my now red face with my pillow

She sniggers before saying "Taylor, think about it here's some advice. Follow your heart but bring your brain with you. Now I've got things to do so Ill see you later."

She then leaves my room. I rolled my eyes why does she always say stuff like that? I mean all my heart can do is beat! I got off my bed as I sighed long and hard. I pulled the box from under my bed uncovering the lid and looking at every detail of the dress.

I dont know why but for some reason Kirby really cared about me and it was a mystery. I sigh as my phone vibrates near me on my dresser. Quickly checking the message Kirby name pops up.

Kirbs: Ill be missing you tonight 😉💞

I dont reply tossing my phone back on the dresser. I smile thinking of the text.

I pull out the dress looking at it one last time. Oh, how Im hating what Im about to do. I flew my dress on the bed ripping of my shorts and sweater then running into the bathroom. Taking off my other accessories, I hop into the bath taking a quick shower.

After I was done I went to my vanity dresser and retrieved my makeup set. I havent seen this in a while. I put on some natural makeup and tossed in same mascara then spewed on a bit of lip gloss. I blow dried my hair and curled it; leaving loose luscious curls. I slipped on the dress tugging on the zipper. I cant believe Im doing this.

Retrieving a bag, I then stared at myself in the mirror. I smile. Im better than I thought. Normally teens would have their best friends there on the day. Theyd be helping each other get ready but I cant since I messed up everything. I run downstairs meeting my moms gaze in the kitchen.

She gasps "Taylor, I thought?... oh, wow. Darling, you look beautiful. your hair, your make up, your everything. Its amazing, sweetheart."

"thanks mom!" I hugged her as she hugs me back

"Oh, my little girls growing up!" she titters and I smile "but you do know you've missed thirty minutes of it already, right?"

"you're right. I should just stay home." I tease turning away and she frowns "better late than never, right?" I exclaim turning to face her again. Her face lights up

"Were heading to a danceee!" I exclaim

"yeahhh," to the car! she sings

"didn't you say you had things to do?" I quirk up my brow

"yeah, wait for you to come say you're going to the dance so come drop me." She says in a duh tone

I laugh as we do a little dance exiting the house. We head to my moms car and I struggle to hop in. I then put on my seat belt as my mom starts the car. Kirby was right. Even though Caleb and I are over I dont need to punish myself. Yeah, Im late. Yeah, I dont look as fancy as the other girls. Yeah, I dont have a date. Yeah, I messed up; but Im going to that dance.

*at school*

Before I hop out of my moms car my mom stops me.

"you know how Ive been telling you 'follow your heart' and all that stuff?" I nod to my mom "you clearly havent understood any of that."

"noooo," I say sarcastically

"kids of today," she mumbles rolling her eyes "well, all Ive been trying to say is you need a guy that could be your boyfriend and your best friend. So, don't let anything set you off." She grins

"thanks so much, mom. I love you!" I say coming out of her car

"love you too, Hun."

I run into my school racing to the Gym my heels clicking against the school tile. I can hear the music and smell the scent of punch and other snacks in the air. Yup, this was a dance, alright. I open the doors to find children dancing, swaying, eating and much more. Some eyes went on me but my eyes widened as I saw a special someone. My special someone.

~/Kirbys pov\~

I shifted uncomfortably in my tux. One: because I wasnt used to wearing it and two: because Maya was repeatedly kissing my cheek. Apparently, Caleb had left her because she was only after his money. I wasnt listening to half the chiz she was telling me just wanting to push her off.

"and you should date me" kiss "because I'm pret-"

"ho- ho- hold up," I push her off me

"Whats up, Santa Claus?"

"why are you doing this? You're going to high school next semester and this is how you act? Much less when you hit tenth grade. You'd be like those brats ever guy uses. I don't like you that way, Maya."

Actually, I dont like you at all. I thought. I hold her hands as I stare into her hazel eyes.

"you need to settle down. Just chill. You'll find a guy hopefully. But it wont be me." I put her hands on her laps leaving her speechless. I straighten my tux as I proceed to Ellie, my date.