Chapter 5

~/Taylor's Pov\~

After school I went to my locker and put a pink sweatshirt over the tank top I had on. I texted my mom telling her I was going to a friend's house.

Penny walks up to me then says "wanna go penny boarding?"

"Sorry Penny. I can't."

"Why?"

"I already have plans"

"What plans?" She asked getting curious

"I'm hanging out with some–"

"Oooooooooh!" She interrupts

"It's just Kir–"

"Oooooooooh!" She interrupts again

"Ugh!" I roll my eyes

"Don't worry I'll keep your dirty secret!"

"I gotta go TTYL" I say rushing to the parking lot where I was supposed to meet Kirby.

Kirby was already there waiting for his mom who was supposed to be picking us up. After ten minutes she arrived and we got in the car.

"You're Taylor right?" Kirby's mom asked

"Yup!"

"I've heard a lot about you. Kirby's right, you are pretty cute! All I need to do now is see your drawings to know that you really are a great artist. Like Kirby says!"

"MOM!" He says getting red

I shot him a 'wahh?' mixed with a 'seriously?' look. He nervously laughs.

"She doesn't know what she's talking about," he whispers with hand gestures.

I rolled my eyes "suuuure..."

"Uhhmm hey Kirby's mom,"

"Call me Mrs. Buckets, if you want."

"Mrs. Buckets, did you know Kirby won the EEPC?" I said trying to change the subject

"The what-what, what-what?" She says confused

"The Eager Earth  Poster Competition?" I reassured

"The competition I entered?" Kirby chipped in

"Oh! Wow! Congrats Kirby, I'm so proud of you!" I kinda rolled my eyes but smiled

"So what's our prize?" She said and I giggle.

After I told her what Kirby got, I told her I came second and what I got. Little by little I'm appreciating my second place even more. Kirby's mom pulled up in the driveway. I didn't even realize we lived so close to each other. I hopped out of her car and so did Kirby.

I liked Kirby's mom she was cool and stuff. I then followed Kirby to his room. It was not too big but not too small. I sat down on a little blue bean bag in the room and he sat on his bed.

I took out my phone because of the awkward silence.I scrolled through my Twitter account and liked some of the Magcon boys tweets because if you didn't know they're my favorite and I follow each and every one of them.

Then Kirby speaks "So what you wanna do?"

"I da know" I instantly respond

I then got a notification from Instagram. It said; you have 2 new followers and 14 new like. I went on Instagram and looked at one of the followers. Khatanah_George. Okay.

I add her back then went back to notification. When I went on the second profile I nearly fainted. Caleb Martiny? I had a crush on that guy since last year when I moved here.

"Oh. My. Gosh!" I said as I stood up with my phone.

He was the one who liked fourteen of my photos as well! I was freaking out.

"What?" Kirby says

"Nothing you'd care about"

He comes behind me and looks over my shoulder.

"What's up with the Caleb?" He asked

"You know him?"

"Yeah he's in most of my classes"

"Oh," I say smiling a bit

"Wait–do you like Caleb?"

"He's pretty cool" I say casually

"I mean like, like him"

"Psssht! What? You can't prove anything!" I panicked

"You do! Ughhhh!"

"Okay maybe, but don't tell anyone!" I exclaim and he nods "but what are you 'ugh-ing' for?"

"It's annoying speaking about girl stuff" He says and I roll my eyes "but I can talk to him for you if you want?"

"Nope, boys aren't good at talking to other guys for girls and I especially don't trust you!"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

I sighed and rolled my eyes "just stay outta this, okay? Well I've got to go."

"You want me to get my mom to drop you off?" He asked

"I live like literally four houses away from you"

"Uhhh, okay. bye." He says and I leave

So much for watching drawings, what a suckish hangout!