Chapter 9

~/Taylor's Pov\~

7:30, time for us to leave. I was wearing a black skater skirt and a red polo with sandals. I say goodbye to my mom and so does Penny then we took a cool walk to school.

As we enter the first thing I see is Caleb talking to a girl. I was a bit jealous but all they were doing was talking so.... And come on it's not like I own the guy. I walked pass him and he gave me a slight wave.

"Taylor!" I smile and wave back.

That was awesome!

We approach our locker. After we get our books for first period Penny leaves. It's one of these days where we have different classes.

"Ughhh! This is hard!" I heard someone say.

I turn towards that person. She looks familiar.

"Hey, you need some help?" I asks

"YES PLEASE!"

"Wait! Do I know you?"

"I don't know, maybe. Ooh am becoming famous?!!?! It must be my Vines!"

I giggle "I don't think so.." I looked at her long and hard "oh you followed me on Instagram and I followed you back!"

"Oh that's right! Taylor James." I nod and smile

"Anyways, what ya need?"

"I'm new here and I can't find my locker and I'm also lost," she frowns "sorry, I'm new to this. Where I came from there were no lockers and definitely not all these rooms." I laugh and start to help her out.

"Okay so here's your locker; it's two lockers away from mine and what class do you have now?"

"History,"

"History as in Ms. Violet?"

"Yeah!"

"Then you're coming with me!" I say

"Cool! I'm Khatanah George, if You didn't remember. You can call me Katie!"

"Nice to meet you for real!" We both giggle

"You too!" She says.

we arrive in class and she sits next to me.

"Aren't you supposed to introduce yourself or something?"

"Nah I'm good!"

After awhile Maya Edwards comes up to Khatanah. If you didn't know she's miss rich, popular and not my kinda company.

"What do you want?" I ask

"Nothing with you!" She responds

"You're new here so let me put this in a way that you can understand. Get your butt out of my seat!" She demands

That wasn't even her seat! She never sat by me. She just wanted to be mean since Khatanah was new!

"Mindy!" I say

"Yeah, just because I'm new doesn't mean you can push me around and I'll take your nonsense. Now get YOUR butt outta my face!" Khatanah responds defending herself.

"Woah, new girls got game!" I say under my breath

She scoffs and finds another seat.

"Girl you're awesome!" I say and we high five.

She smiles "thanks"

Then believe it or not Caleb comes in. He sits in front of me. He spins around and smiles at me.

Then I heard Khatanah say "Yo Caleb! What's cooking?"

He turns to her and smiles "nothing much bae!"

Then they do a handshake I couldn't make out. He turns back and opens his book.

"You know him? But you're new?"

"Yeah I was talking to him this morning!"

"Oh that was you?"

"I guess and he waved you, right?"

I nod then the teacher finally walks in. Why was she so late? She starts speaking about something totally not relating to History. It was actually about her life problems and what not. I was totally sleeping on me. Then my phone buzzes. I got a text.

Caleb😍: hey 😌
Tayl💞r: seriously we're in class and close to each other
Caleb😍: yeah but the teacher is boring 😒
Tayl💞r: lol ikr smh
Caleb😍: I'm not hearing u laughing
Tayl💞r: ok I'm not 😐
Caleb😍: Ik :p
Tayl💞r: we should really pay attention or sleep on us in class
Caleb😍: lol yeah 😂
Tayl💞r: ur not laughing
Caleb😍: smh 🙄

I was just about to text something when I heard "Taylor, Caleb, Are you texting in my class?"

"No........Maybe," I say confused

"Oh really, well come up here and tell the class what you guys couldn't wait to tell each other. Acting like I don't do my job properly!" She says the last part in an angry whisper.

Caleb and I walk up to the front of the class and pull out our phones. Caleb starts reading.

"I said; hey"

"Then I said; seriously we're in class and close to each other"

"Yeah but the teacher is....." He trails off "...boring"

"Laughing out loud, I know right, shaking my head"

"I'm–" Caleb starts but she cuts him off

"I've heard enough! Detention for a week, both of you!"

We look at each other.

"Now sit!"

We made it to our seats. I've never gotten detention before. Oh well, my punishment for texting cute boys in class. (Even though it was totally his fault!)