chapter 33

~/Taylors pov\~

I sat down crossed armed as I tried processing all of this. Okay, so last weekend I kissed Kirby. I like him. He made a big deal of me not going to the dance. Penny knows I like him. Shes mad/sad/disappointed or whatever in me because of him? I really dont know. Im so confused right now. Just then my mom steps in as she sees me the cherry smile that is always on her face drops.

"You look conflicted, honey Are you okay?"

"Ill be fine, mom. Just trying to put some stuff together!"

she nods "well theres an important someone waiting outside for you. They wanted to talk to you."

A tiny smile crept across my face "okay, thanks mom!"

Who could it be? Penny, Trever, Caleb, I wish it was Katie. I sigh as my mom leaves the room and speaks to someone on the side of my door. She leans against the door frame smiling and as they spoke I could hear mumbling.

~/Kirbys Pov~

I stood outside of Taylors room waiting to enter and explain everything to her. This week has been hard because of what happened on Sunday. Ive avoided her since and she me. I threw a fit at the table. It was just hectic. I could see that it was the same for her too thats why I needed to speak to her.

Just liking to so her was one thing but actually liking her and her silly ways was another thing that I couldn't hold back. Ugh! Life is hard sometimes. Just then her mom came out again flashing me a smile.

"I dont care what you do just get her smiling. I hate seeing her like this. You always seem to make her smile. You could even kiss her again."

My eyes widened as my face quickly heats up. She told her mom?

"yah, I know that!" she whispers winking as she proceeds to go downstairs and I enter

~/Taylors pov~

Kirby then enters my room red faced as my mom went downstairs or is probably just going to eavesdrop. Wow, I shouldve known. He was carrying a box.

"hey," he forces a smile on his red face and puts the box on my dresser

"hi," I say, "why is your face all cherry red?"

He touches his blushed cheeks "I, its not important," he bites his lip "can I?" he points to my bed

"yeah, sure," I whisper and he came over to sit next to me

An awkward silence stood until he says "hey, Im really sorry for what happened all this week from Sunday till now."

I looked up at him confused "why are you sorry?"

"I kissed you and messed up your week."

I thought for a moment. No, he didnt. I was just scared of the consequences. I didnt want to change our status. I wanted to stay best friends.

"Kirby, you didn't. I kissed back. If I didn't want to kiss you I wouldn't kiss back."

He smiled and I smiled back "well, Im sorry I flipped out at the table. Its just I care about you," I grin widely "and hearing you complain about a player like Caleb who didnt deserve you just ticked me off. I dont like people hurting you. I mean I've said this a million times, both in my head and out, but you truly are an extremely gorgeous girl with the best personality which everyone loves. Yeah, I like you. Heck, a lot of guys do. They literally drool over you. They chase you like dogs after one bone. They think of you like the most precious gem which you are. But I used you being my friend as an advantage to kiss you."

'I didn't mind' I thought

"I know Caleb certainly doesn't deserve you. Along with all the players out there. Not just anyone deserves him. Not just anyone deserves you. Especially me. You deserve someone special."

My eyes glisten as he says not him "what? Kirby?" I whisper

Why did he say that? Why would he? He is special. Special to me. Special in many ways. Why cant he see that?

"I'm not stupid Taylor." He says and I didnt comment on that.

He gets up retrieving the box and comes back to me.

He sits down saying "so its this part already?" he looks at the box

"wait, you planned all this?"

"What can I say? Im that weird. This is a surprise from me, my mom and your mom."

I take the box as he hands it to me and slowly uncover the box. My hand quickly made its way to my mouth. I gasped gapping at a pink sleeveless dress with a heart shape top. The top had darker pink swirls and the bottom was sort of flared.

"Kirby," I remove my hand from my mouth "its beautiful," I pull it out of the box. I pull Kirby into a hug 'Thanks so much."

"Picked it out myself." He states as we let go "so the dance is tomorrow?'

"Yup!" I popped the 'p' "I'm really sorry to say this but I still dont think if Ill be coming. I mean I loved the speech and the dress and all; I actually feel a lot better thanks to you."

"Its all good. No forcing. But think about it, okay? You deserve to have fun." He smiles

"Thanks," I say and there was a short silence

"Well uh the kiss." He blurts "We should keep it between us."

"Well Penny and Maya already knows; long story. But yeah, between us." I nod and he smiles and gets up to leave but I stop him "hey," I hold his arm. he proceeds back to me sitting down again. "you know that kiss wasn't quite finished."

He chuckles "One last time?"

"One last time." I confirm

I place the box on the side of my bed and turned to face Kirby. Wow, a planned kiss. I smile at the thought. He looks at me a smile taking over his lips as his hand made way to my cheek. He gently grazed my cheek with his thumb and my eyes closed as I felt his breath and nose tickling my face.

"You'll always be what this guy would ask for," he whispered in my ear causing my breath to hitch

I waited for his lips to press against mine and then...

"Are you guys okay?" I heard my moms voice.

My eyes squint tighter and my face scrunched up. The door opens and we quickly pulled away.

"Now I know how that feels," he chuckles looking down

"Did I interrupt something?" she chitters

Kirby gets up "nah, I was just leaving." He says unsure but adds a smile

"wait, when I told you to kiss her I didn't think you'd actually do it!" my mom gaped

I glared at her "MOM," I said in a warning tone and stood up

"okay, okay, I'm leaving," she puts her hands up in defence you guys "continue what you were doing." She smirks

"The time for that passed already," I rolled my eyes as she exited my room closing the door behind her

"has it really?" he pouts walking towards me

I giggle "somewhat," I say as his hands wrap around my waist.

Wow, bold move. A smirk tugs at the corner of my lip. I wrap my arms around him.

"Thanks, Kirbs." I smile in the hug

"No prob, Tay"

And thats how the rest of the day went. Kirby and I stood at the foot of my bed in each others arms just loving that moment. Okay, so that is pretty ridiculous because that didnt happen, after our little body holing parade we tripped, fell on each other and ended up killing ourselves laughing. Yeah, that will never get old.