Chapter Three

Comment, please!
xoxo
_____________________________

Delia
.
.
.
The next morning we all woke to catch the train to Hogwarts. I was extremely nervous and so much so that my hands were shaking at breakfast when I'd try to put a forkful of food in my mouth.
"You'll do just fine. I'm sure you'll be sorted with us. There'll be a spot for you at the table." Harry said reassuringly.
"My mum was a Gryffindor so that makes it more likely I'll be sorted there with you lot right?" I asked, wiping my mouth with my napkin. Hermione nodded and I sighed.
"As long as I'm far away from Malfoy." I got up and placed my plate in the sink.
"Excuse me. Thanks for the food Mrs. Weasley!" I went upstairs to finish my makeup. I'd come downstairs with only foundation and powder but I still had eyeliner, mascara and eyebrow powder left. I winged my eyeliner and lightly lined my eyebrows. Hogwarts was gonna be completely different from Beauxbatons.

Now on the platform, my heartbeat quickened in my chest. I dreaded getting on the train even though I knew I'd be sitting with friends because of the sorting ceremony. I'd be the only 6th year amongst all the first years and I was sure Malfoy would say something. Ugh why should I care? He's just bitter. I shook my head and turned to Lupin and Tonks who were holding a large square shaped object.
"We wanted you to have something of your own at Hogwarts, something to brighten your day if it gets rough." Lupin said, smiling at me. Tonks uncovered what was now clear to be a crate with a small grey cat inside. I gasped in surprise, elated to have my first pet.
"Oh my god I've never had my own pet before! Thank you so much!" I hugged the both of them excitedly and took the crate from Tonks.
"She's already trained and I'll have some food sent to your dormitory. She's about two years old." Tonks said, handing me a red collar with a small bell on it. The train's whistle sounded, letting everyone know it was leaving in a matter of minutes. I hugged them both again and reassured them I'd write when I was settled. I waved from the train as it departed to Hogwarts.
.
.
.
"Delia Edwards." Professor McGonagall called me to the stool to be sorted and I took a deep breath. I heard a few murmurs in the dining hall before taking my seat. I heard some commotion by my friends and looked over to see Harry holding a cloth to what looked like a bloody nose. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Malfoy sit down smirking across the way towards the Gryffindor table. Please just not Slytherin. Please, please.
"Remarkably intelligent, passionate...a metamorphmagus eh? A rare one indeed, loads of potential.... GRYFFINDOR!" The sorting hat called. I let out a sigh of relief and ran to hug Harry and the rest of my newfound friends. I sat down as the ceremony went on and realized I was facing the Slytherin table and across from none other than Malfoy. He glared at me from across the hall and I returned the favor. I made sure to control myself and not change my hair color. For some reason I found myself embarrassed to showcase my abilities around Malfoy.
"Say, Edwards, can you change your face into an animal? My mum tells me about your kind a lot." Seamus asked me. I looked at Malfoy to see he was still staring at me as he bit into a green apple. I felt my face heat up as I broke eye contact. Harry looked at me and then across the room noticing the slight tension.
"Don't worry about him. I think you're brilliant. Cmon show us like you did on the train." Harry nudged me, still holding the cloth to his nose and I nodded concentrating enough so that my face would resemble that of a cat. Seamus chuckled and Ginny asked me to turn my hair half purple and half green to which I obliged.

After dinner, Professor McGonagall handed me my classes on a piece of parchment and compared it to everyone else's. No one had Defense Against the Dark Arts with me but I had at least one of them in each of my other classes. I was heading up to the dormitories when I spotted Malfoy and his band of goons leaning against the hall I was walking down. I tried to speed up to avoid contact but tripped and landed on my face. I flipped over to see Malfoy with his outstretched foot, laughing hysterically and smirking down at me.
"Nice one Draco!" Crabbe said patting him on the back. I got up with watery eyes and Malfoy's eyes flickered with what looked like guilt before they regained their pompous demeanor.
"Watch where you're going, freak." He spat. I clenched my fists and sent him flying backwards. His friends looked at me in surprise seeing as I had no wand out and went to help Malfoy.
"Get off me!" He shrugged off their hands and got up. I smirked and turned to walk away.
"See you later, Draco." Harry caught up to me and told me he was sorry we only had one class together.
"It's alright. I've got Hermione and Neville in a couple of my other classes. Besides, I see you at breakfast and dinner everyday." I smiled as we reached the Fat Lady.
"Fortuna Major" Harry said and the door opened. We went our separate ways and I found that I was sleeping next to Ginny and Hermione. I got ready for bed and let my cat onto my bed. Hermione turned off the lights and I closed my eyes. My cat curled up next to me, purring and nudging me to pet her. I smiled and started petting her, exhausted from the long day. I still hadn't come up with a name for her. Ella sounded nice.
"Goodnight Ella." I kissed her small furry head and closed my eyes, drifting off to sleep.