Chapter Seventeen

Hey! PLEASE COMMENT!!! It's so so so important to me. Short or long, it means a lot. Enjoy the chapter, loves!
xoxo
_________________

Delia
.
.
.
"I killed Sirius Black! I killed Sirius Black! You coming to get me?" I ran with my wand out towards her sinister taunting. I could feel anger I hadn't let surface for a long time suddenly come full force. Running through the tall grass, I finally saw a puff of disheveled black hair.
"Stupefy!" The light from the spell I sent her way shone on her yellow teeth that formed into a disgusting smile. She easily blocked it and sent a defensive spell my way which I narrowly escaped. She'd disappeared again and I surged forward after her but not before I caught sight of Harry.
"Harry!" I ran towards him as he gripped Ginny protectively.
"Where are they?" Ginny said worriedly, and I looked at her confused.
"They?"
"Bellatrix and Greyback." I could hear Mr. Weasley calling out for his daughter but his close proximity didn't calm my nerves. A white light sprung our way from the grass and Harry blocked it, nearly missing it. Defensive spells started shooting from every direction at us and it was hard to keep up, even if it was only two of them. Finally, Lupin, Tonks and Mr. Weasley got to us, the spells stopping shortly after.
"Delia where were you?" Lupin asked sternly, clearly worried.
"I was out for a walk when-My god.." Two shadowy beings crashed through the Burrows, sending it up in flames.
"Molly." Mr. Weasley pushed past us and back towards the house, with us not far behind. When we got there, everyone was thankfully out of harm's way. The look on Mrs. Weasley's face was one of complete shock and devastation and I knew there would be no words to comfort her. George was holding Ella in his arms, ghostly pale. No one knew what to do after that night.
.
.
.
The train back to Hogwarts wasn't exactly quiet but a palpable tension hung over us. The Burrows was being rebuilt but I couldn't imagine how it would feel to watch a house you've known all your life, burn down. I hadn't replied to Draco's letters, and the rest of our holiday was bitter. We tried to make the New Year as happy as we could but Mrs. Weasley was inconsolable, and understandably so. Once I stepped off the train, all I wanted was to see Draco. He'd know what to say. I quickly unpacked my things and sent a letter his way asking him to meet me at our usual meeting place, the astronomy tower. I waited for him anxiously tapping my fingers on the railing.
"Why haven't you answered any of my letters? You've made enough of an idiot of me, Delia." I could tell he was angry and it just infuriated me to hear his tone.
"Draco, I'm sorry. Honestly, I-"
"You'd think after I said what I did you could at least use your brain and send me a damn owl."
"ENOUGH!" I snarled, narrowing my eyes at him. He flinched slightly at my tone but didn't give up.
"Pansy would answer my letters." My heart sank at his words and I clenched my fists.
"That's great, Draco. Really great. I'm sure she does a lot of things I won't do. But the difference between her and I is that I genuinely have feelings for you and I'm the one who puts up with your childish attitude." His face relaxed into a guilty one and he looked from my hair to my eyes, probably taking in my emotions made clear by both. I turned away from him and fought back the hot angry tears filling my eyes, quickly blinking them away. Out of the corner of my eye I could see my hair a brighter tinge of red, but felt it fade to normal as he slipped his hand into mine. I knew he could see me blinking away the tears in my eyes after he'd turned me to face him, caressing my cheek. Draco placed a soft kiss on my lips that left me wanting more.
"I'm sorry, that was fucking terrible."
"You're a child." I chuckled lightly. The thing that was most frustrating about being with him was that I couldn't conceal how I felt and being a metamorphmagus didn't exactly help.
"But really I was worried. Why didn't you answer?" I sighed and took a step back.
"I saw Bellatrix Lestrange after you left. She... she burnt down the Burrows. Greyback was there too and god, Draco it was horrible." He stayed silent and refused to meet my eyes.
"I would've been in the house if I hadn't gone out to meet you. I just don't understand why they did it. Obviously they're after Harry but you should've seen Mrs. Weasley." He pulled me into a tight hug and I laid my head on his chest.
"I just hate her. I haven't felt that angry in years, not since Sirius died."
"I know...At least you're alright." He pulled away and I heard quite possibly the most annoying sound that's made contact with my ears.
"Draaco! I know you're here!" She called, sounding like a child having a tantrum. Pansy walked in and looked at the both of us.
"Did you forget he's MINE, mudblood?" I clenched my fists and my eyes flickered to Draco.
"I was just getting notes, Pansy. Calm down." He said, not looking at me. She raised an eyebrow and walked over to him, placing her lips sloppily on his. Pansy put her hands in his hair and he didn't react which only made her pull him closer. I looked away, stomach churning. I can't look at them together. It's a reminder I'm a second choice and of their impending marriage.
"Let's go, Draco. I can't stand the sight of her." She cooed, dragging him behind her.

I didn't see him the rest of the day, so I spent my time in the company of Hermione and Ginny, talking about our holiday. Hermione had a great time but didn't spend too much time talking about her holiday in respect of Ginny. Ginny'd said she was fine and she seemed like it but I knew she was quite talented at hiding her feelings.
"Delia are you alright? You seem a little quiet." Hermione asked.
"Oh you think I'm not contributing enough? My apologies, Mione."
"Oh hush. Ginny tells me you fancy someone. Who is it?" I rolled my eyes at Ginny and she smiled mischievously.
"You can quit while you're ahead, Mione. I'm not telling."
"Is he still snogging that other girl?" I playfully smacked Ginny and Hermione covered her mouth.
"Christ, Ginny! Is nothing sacred with you?"
"She kept bugging me, I'm sorry!"
"Well is he?" Hermione asked again and I sighed.
"Yes, he is. And for your information, he's planning on leaving her when he can."
"At his convenience? Oh how polite of you to wait. C'mon Delia!" Hermione rolled her eyes and I shrugged.
"It's all I've got right now and it won't kill me to hope and dream."
.
.
.
A letter flew in gracefully and twirled, landing gently on my lap. I opened it, biting my lip.

I miss you.

I smiled and tucked it in under my pillow. I wrote him back quickly, knowing he'd be waiting.

Is that so? Tell Pansy to beat it then.

A lapse of 10 minutes passed before another letter reached me.

You know I can't. Stop whining.

I crumpled up his message and angrily wrote another response. Couldn't he stop being so serious all the time? Sure there was truth behind my letter but I'd meant it as something lighthearted.

Stop being a child. It doesn't suit you, idiot. Goodnight.

And yet again another flew in, faster than the rest.

You infuriate me. But I know you still care. Your honey eyes tell me all I need to know as you're reading this right now. Don't deny it. It doesn't suit you. Goodnight, Dee.

I got up to look at my reflection and he was right. My eyes, a bright honey color gave me away almost always. I groaned and tucked myself in, annoyed at the fact that he was right, and not just about my eyes. I cared too much and it scared me, but my feelings for him made me forget.