Chapter Eleven

Hey guys! This is a long one so enjoy! Comment please, it makes me feel better about this story(:
xoxo
_______________

Delia
.
.
.
My usually red hair was almost devoid of color at all, now an almost dull ash brown with eyes to match. I didn't even attempt to brush my hair and instead opted for an incredibly messy bun, pulling small strands of hair to frame my face. A flashback of Draco intertwined with Pansy crossed my mind and I squeezed my eyes in an attempt to push it to the back of my thoughts. I lazily put on a cranberry red scarf with a knit grey sweater, sulking in my clothes.

"You coming to eat, Delia?" Hermione asked with Ginny worriedly looking at me.
"I know you're worried and honestly I'm fine. Stop your worrying, I'm a big girl." I walked out and made my way to the Great Hall at the same time as the parasite and Draco. Pansy saw me almost immediately and pulled Draco tighter, a smirk plastered on her face with narrowed eyes almost warning me to stay away. He didn't even look at me and I grit my teeth. Surely my hair had regained its normal color now. I plopped down next to Ron.
"I'm resigning. After today's match McLaggen can have his spot." Ron said, clearly nervous about the game.
"Have it your way then. Cheers." Harry slid a cup of pumpkin juice to Ron, motioning for him to drink.
"Hello everyone. You look dreadful, Ron. Is that why you put something in his drink?" Luna's smooth voice called next to me. Ron looked at Harry, utterly confused and from the corner of my eye I saw a glint of a vial of Felix Felicis.
"Liquid luck. Don't drink it, Ron." Hermione said incredulously. Ron took a sip, looking around at us. Hermione turned to Harry who had a smile plastered on his face.
"You could be expelled for that."
"I don't know what you're talking about."
"Cmon Harry, we've got a game to win." Ron smiled cheekily to Hermione's annoyance and I chuckled.
"Oh come on, Mione. Lighten up." She scowled at me and just then a piece of parchment landed on my arm that was laid on the table.
"Who's that from?" I looked at Hermione who was standing, ready to leave.
"Must be some first year who can't get the spell right." I opened the parchment to see elegant script across it.

I'm sorry about the other night. Meet me at the Astronomy Tower in 10 minutes.
- D.M

I looked over at the Slytherin table to see him already looking at me.
"Please." He mouthed. I raised my eyebrow and gave the slightest of nods, flipping my hair over my shoulder as I walked out.
"I'll meet you there, save me a spot will you?" Hermione nodded and headed off still noticeably upset about Harry's actions. I made my way to the Astronomy Tower, letting my hair down as a shiver went up my spine and placed the matching cranberry red hat on my head. Leaning against the railing of the tower, I saw the snow had already begun to cover to ground and opened up the piece of parchment to trace his handwriting.
"The snow's sticking. I expect Weasley's scared he'll get knocked off his broom." I looked up to see Malfoy's face looking thinner than I'd expected and I walked towards him. Placing my hands gingerly on both sides of his face, I traced his cheekbones that stuck out more than usual. It was slight, almost unnoticeable unless you were looking for it. My knuckle barely brushed his lip by accident and he briskly took my wrists away from his face.
"I'm fine, Edwards. I don't need you smothering me." He threw my wrists aside and I pressed my lips together.
"I'm worried about you. Just talk to me."
"I can't! You know that." He barked, and I flinched at his tone. I enveloped him into a hug but he stood there stiff as a rock. I squeezed him tighter and nuzzled my head into his chest. After what seemed like a millennium, he wrapped his arms around me, resting his head against mine. A smile tugged at my lips but I fought to hide it so he wouldn't get the wrong idea behind my hug. I turned my head to look straight into his cool grey orbs and I could've sworn that his eyes flickered to my lips. I felt the space between us ever so slightly closing and I could almost taste his peppermint breath like a sweet from the trolley. He cleared his throat and backed up, looking at the ground.
"What's your favorite sweet, Edwards? I never asked you."
"Sherbet Lemon and Pumpkin Pasties are my favorites along with Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans." I would never tell him that my new favorite sweets were Peppermint Toads, because of their familiar scent.
"Again with the pumpkin, Edwards?" I laughed as he leaned against the railing.
"They're quite good and much different than pumpkin juice. If you tried them perhaps you'd like them."
"I seriously doubt that."
"Oh come on, Draco! Are you THAT afraid of a fucking pumpkin flavored sweet?"
"It's bloody disgusting, Dee." My eyes flickered to him and I looked at him with a curious smile upon my lips.
"What did you call me?" I innocently asked. He rolled his eyes and I chuckled at his annoyance.
"You heard me, Edwards." Draco flashed me his heart stopping smile that was so rare it nearly knocked the breath out of my lungs every time I saw it. He reached out and plucked something that could've been a snowflake from my hair, near my face.
"Your eyes are honey colored again. Why is that?" My heart raced in my chest at the thought of him discovering my blooming feelings for him.
"I dunno." I turned away from him, cheeks heating up.
"Do you like cauldron cakes?"
"They're alright, not my favorite."
"You're mental." I shook my head and glanced at my watch.
"The match is going to start any minute, we should go get our seats."
"Meet me back here after the match. I've got something for you. That is, if Gryffindor manages to win." I rolled my eyes and bit my lip, excited at the possibility of him bringing me something. Calm down, you lunatic.
"Anything without peanut butter is safe. I'm deathly allergic to peanuts."
"Christ, you're a delicate one aren't you, Dee?"
"Oh hush, Draco Malfoy. I can't help a food allergy." As if from thin air, the parasite appeared, fuming. She took Draco's arm, nostrils flaring at me.
"Don't talk to him you filthy mudblood. He's mine."
"I don't think Draco belongs to anyone, Pansy." He stifled a laugh and she approached me, getting in my face.
"I don't know who you think you are, mudblood but I'll have you know we've been shagging long before you got here-"
"That's enough, Pansy." Draco said.
"So I don't know who you think you're talking to because you're the scum of the earth, Edwards. Purebloods don't associate with your kind for a reason. It's uncivilized and disgus-" Before I knew what was happening, I had shoved her into the wall of the corridor, furious.
"Listen you insignificant little bitch, you purebloods act so high and mighty but get all hot and bothered when anyone different is around. What a whiny lot you are. Run along before you regret it, Parkinson." I let her go and saw Draco's stunned expression.
"You're going to regret this, mudblood." She tugged Draco away and I grit my teeth, heading for the quidditch pitch.

.
.
.

After a brief celebration of Ron's ability to knock away nearly every attempt made by the Slytherin team and our victory, I headed to the dormitories to check on Hermione. I knew something was going on after she left but Harry had told me to stay so Ron wouldn't notice while he went after her.
"You alright, Mione?"
"Perfectly fine. You know me." She flashed me a weak smile and I shook my head.
"If you want to talk I'm here." Hermione nodded and turned away to go to sleep. I took off my hat and saw a box with a note on top.
"Got an admirer, Delia?" Ginny asked entering the room, and I shook my head.
"Hardly." I said opening the box to find a few brownies. The note read:

Congrats on the win.

I smiled and sat on the bed, taking a generous bite of the chocolate dessert. He held up his end of the deal. Upon taking a second bite, I felt my hands get clammy and I wiped them on my pants. Idiot.
"Ginny you've got to try one." I held out one of the brownies but suddenly got dizzy. I steadied myself on the bed frame and I could swear I could hear my rapid heartbeat.
"Delia what's wrong?" Ginny came to my side and out of the corner of my eye I saw Hermione get up as well.
"Something's....wrong." I choked out, feeling my breathing become ragged. I looked at my arms to see them almost beet red and lost my balance.
"Delia! What's happening?! Ginny go get Harry!" Hermione's distorted voice frantically said. I could now hear my breathing become increasingly wheezy, making a whistle-like sound. My eyes fluttered closed and opened again and I knew I was slipping in and out of consciousness.
"We have to get her to the infirmary! Someone get a teacher, anyone! Delia hold on, we're getting you help." Hermione's voice sounded distant and I saw Harry's face significantly blurred but before I lost consciousness I gripped his arm.
"The peanuts..." I wheezed before fading into darkness with their frantic voices in the background.