Chapter Thirty-Eight

Hey guys! Here's a new chapter and I hope you enjoy! It's a little longer than usual and I have a feeling you guys are really going to like this one so please COMMENT!! As always, thank you for all your support!

xoxo

___________________

Delia

.

.

.

I was awakened by a shrill scream, making me sit up straight in my bed. Someone tackled me flat into the soft mattress, and I groaned as their elbow hit me hard in the ribs.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" Ginny screeched in my ear, causing my ears to ring. When she finally let me sit up, I rubbed my temples.

"Blimey, Ginny. You're going to take out my eardrums." I smiled, getting out of bed and running a hand through my knotted hair. I'd tossed and turned all night, and my reflection in the mirror did not say otherwise. I had dark circles beneath my eyes and as of right now, my eyes were a dull brown.

"Oh shut up, Delia. It's your birthday! No pouting." Ginny said with a wide grin across her face. A small smile formed on my lips and I sat back down on my bed.

"I know and thanks for taking the time to assault me whilst wishing me a happy birthday." She winked at me and put a small box down on the bed, patting it.

"You're welcome. Now here's a little something and I expect you to wear it today." I reached for the box and opened it to see a chocolate frog and a small tube of lipstick. It was a deep bright red, a color I wouldn't normally wear.

"Thank you, Ginny. Do you think it will look good on me? It's a bright color."

"Everyone knows red lips look phenomenal on redheads. Go get ready! I'm starving." I shook my head and went to get ready.

I slipped the cinnamon sweater over my head and looked at my hair in the mirror. I turned to look at Ginny who sat expectantly on my bed.

 I turned to look at Ginny who sat expectantly on my bed

"Definitely up. I can curl your hair if you'd like." She offered. I shook my head and focused on my barely wavy hair, making it curl into soft tendrils. Pulling my hair into a high ponytail, I secured it with an elastic, pulling at the hair to make it more voluminous. I smiled triumphantly and carefully put the red lipstick on. The red hue definitely made my lips look fuller and I had to admit, I kind of liked it. Perhaps I'd catch Draco's eye. Or not. I shook my head and faced Ginny, awaiting her approval.

"It's nothing special but do I look alright?"

"You look almost perfect. Here." She came up to me and pulled two strands of hair to delicately frame my face. I made them curl softly and we walked downstairs to the common room. Once I came into view of the room, I was startled by other Gryffindors jumping out and wishing me a happy birthday.