Chapter Twenty-Eight

Hey everyone! 6K READS OMG CRYING RN!!!!!!!! Ok anyways, this is a little longer than the last one so enjoy(: again I'm so appreciative of you guys keeping up with this story and also thank you to those who are just catching up as well! You guys mean a whole lot to me. Comment what you think! I expect comments on this one because it's pretty juicy!
xoxo
_______________________

Delia
.
.
.
Neville had gotten another detention and it was giving Ginny and us anxiety just thinking about it. I knew firsthand what it'd been like but Neville was a kind boy, not the sort to go running his mouth but he did this time.
"D'you think he'll be out soon?" Ginny asked, drumming her fingers on the armchair. I shrugged my shoulders and looked into the fireplace. The flames crackled and an ember flew from the pit, landing on my pant leg. I brushed it off and set Ella down onto the floor, after which she scurried up to the dormitory.
"Let's go check the infirmary." I got up and stretched my hand out in an attempt to help her get up. She gave me a small smile and got up, walking by my side.
"I hope he's there because if not.."
"Ginny, let's hope for the best, okay?" I tucked my hair behind my ear and we continued walking, intent on finding him. When we got to the infirmary, it was as if Mrs. Pomfrey was waiting for us.
"Mr. Longbottom is over here, ladies." She gestured to a bed where Neville sat, with his back towards us.
"Neville." I said to myself, walking over to see what exactly Alecto had done to him. Once I was right in front of him, I searched his visible skin for any cuts but they were surprisingly minimal.
"Are you alright?" Ginny asked. He looked at her with complete lethargy, and I noticed he looked on the verge of passing out.
"Hmm?" he mumbled. I pressed the back of my hand to his forehead but he didn't have a temperature.
"Neville, what did she do to you?"
"Cruciatus..curse." Ginny and I looked at each other worriedly and then back at him.
"Do you want to rest for awhile or do you want us to take you to your room?"
"If I stay here any longer I'll take myself out." We helped him get up and walked back to the common room, with Neville leaning on us for support every now and then. After Seamus took him upstairs, a piece of parchment flew in, headed straight towards me. I opened it to see a familiar script.

I miss you. Can you meet me in the Room?
-D.M.

I quickly scrawled a response and sent it off to find him. Looking at the clock, I saw I had 20 minutes before curfew started and hastily brushed my teeth.
"I'll see you tomorrow, Ginny." She raised a brow, eyeing me suspiciously.
"Don't get caught, Delia. You'd better tell me who this bloke is soon. I'm serious." I nodded and rushed out, checking if there were any teachers patrolling the corridors. I was almost to the Room of Requirement when I heard Amycus Carrow's voice.
"You're not seriously putting stock into that stupid girl's theory are you?" He asked. Clearly he wasn't alone.
"If the Dark Lord hears this and sees we did nothing, he will not be pleased, brother." Alecto hissed. Hearing her voice made my hands sweaty and I was antsy, eager to get away from them. Their footsteps drew closer to the column I was hiding behind and my breath hitched in my throat. I moved further away from their sight and stepped on a rock, causing my foot to slip and my ankle to twist. I stifled a yelp of pain and clutched at my ankle, when I got an idea. I looked at the rock and took it in my hand, launching it around the corner hallway.
"What was that?" Amycus barked, storming off into the direction of where the rock had fallen with a pair of footsteps following which I assumed to be Alecto. I waited a few moments before slipping or, limping rather, into the Room of Requirement.
"Draco, can you help me please?" I called out, leaning on my right leg to take weight off the ankle I'd hurt. He came quickly around the corner and looked me up and down, trying to figure out why I needed help.
"What-"
"I stepped on a rock and twisted my ankle the wrong way." Draco crossed his arms and grinned at me humorously.
"You're telling me you stepped on a pebble and twisted your ankle?"
"It was a big rock." He looked at me and burst out laughing, making me slightly irritated.
"Are you going to help me or not?" I snapped, extending my arm so I could lean on him for support while he could put his arm around my waist. He continued laughing, infuriating me more and I knew without looking, that my hair was bright red. Draco finally got it all out of his system and looked at me still amused.
"Okay, I guess I won't tell you what I heard the Carrows chatting about then." Draco looked at me inquisitively and walked towards me, scooping me into his arms with ease. I was so surprised that my anger faded away and I felt a smile across my lips. He placed me gently on the bed and rolled up my sweatpants, exposing my ankle. Taking my shoes off, he examined my ankle, moving it around until I winced in pain.
"Sorry. I think you just rolled it. You'll be fine I don't know why you needed all these theatrics." My jaw dropped and I crossed my arms, angry. Draco came over and wrapped his arms around me, pressing his face against mine.
"I'm joking, love. So what were they talking about?" I looked at him suspiciously before I told him.
"Well Amycus seemed mad she was believing some girl's story but she defended herself saying the Dark Lord wouldn't be pleased if they did nothing." He looked around, deep in thought before shrugging his shoulders and lying next to me, hands behind his head.
"I dunno, Delia. Probably some stupid fifth year spreading gossip."
I laid down, careful not to nudge my ankle too hard when I noticed the bed sheets. They were new, delicately laid out and I also saw a few candles nearby on a nightstand. The champagne sheets and the candles made me nervous and I looked at Draco. He was already looking at me and I chuckled uneasily, fiddling with the hem of my shirt.
"Draco?" I asked, not looking at him straight away.
"Hmm?" He scoot closer to me, his peppermint scent drawing me in and I leaned in too.

Draco's lips connected with mine and my heart fluttered as if it were the first time. My hands instinctively roamed his body before finding his hair. His soft blonde hair fell between my fingers, and a small moan escaped his lips as I gripped his hair in my fists. Pressing himself against me, his hand slid under my shirt on my back, gripping at my skin. My lips hungered to be in constant contact with him and I slid my tongue into his mouth, making his fingers dig into my skin. I wrapped my top leg on top of his when I felt something against my thigh. I pulled away, surprised and slightly embarrassed. I could tell my cheeks were red and I faced the ceiling, covering my eyes with my arms.
"Draco, um, what are the candles and sheets for?" I uncovered my eyes and turned my head to face him. Draco had a slightly uncomfortable look on his face and he rubbed the back of his neck.
"Well, we've been together for nearly a year. I thought... I don't know."
"Oh." I said, looking back at the ceiling. He sat up and looked at me sincerely.
"It's okay, Dee."
"No please don't think I find you repulsive, I just. I don't know."
"Is there anything you want to know?" I looked at him and bit my lip, nervous to know the answers to the questions I had.
"I...no, it's fine." I smoothed my hair and he put his hand on mine.
"Please. Just ask." I sat up, leaning on my arm for support. I pursed my lips and tucked my hair behind my ear.
"Well, obviously you aren't... you're experienced, I guess." He nodded and I frowned.
"How many?"
"What?" I let out a groan and looked away.
"How many girls?" He paused, looking down and my heart sunk.
"Three." I nodded and looked away too, drawing circles on the sheet.
"Did you....love them?"
"No." It stayed quiet for a few minutes while I was deep in thought and I felt him shift on the bed.
"Please say something."
"Nothing, it's just sad that you didn't love any of them but I think it'd be worse if you did." Draco laid down on his side to look at me and I followed.
"I haven't been in love before. Not until I met you." I smiled and he caressed my cheek lovingly, making me feel better.
"Maybe one day, Draco but I'm not ready. Not today."
"And that's okay. I love you, Dee."
"I love you too." I tangled my legs in his and cuddled into his chest, as he pulled the sheets to cover us. He placed a kiss on my forehead and blew out the candles with a spell, dimming the lights as well. I was glad he was willing to wait for me but I was afraid he would be disappointed with me as well. I didn't want him to find out my secret. I nuzzled into his neck and felt him smoothing my hair. I'd been in two relationships prior to him but it was never serious, a summer romance and the last boy I'd been with broke it off after a few months. I had never been touched in the way Draco had suggested tonight or had anyone see me completely bare. I was self-conscious and I didn't want him to know, especially with his experience. How could I compare with someone like Pansy who flaunted her sexuality so easily and had experience with Draco? I resolved to not let him know I was inexperienced to save myself the embarrassment.