Chapter Fifty

Hi everyone!
Here's a new chapter that follows closely to the events of the Battle of Hogwarts. Keep in mind that certain things will not follow the movies/books but for the most part they will. I have lots planned and thank you for your endless support! I will update when I can and I thank you again for your patience. Your excitement makes me so happy! Next chapter will have more drama I promise. Enjoy and COMMENT!!!

xoxo
________________

Delia
.
.
.
"Don't remember this on the marauders map." Ron said, his wide shoulders blocking my view of Neville.
"That's because secret passages were sealed off before the start of the year. Didn't exist till now. This is only way in or out now." Neville replied, looking back at us as he lead us down the dark tunnel.
"How is Snape as headmaster?" Harry asked probably hoping for new information but the reality was that he left the other Death Eaters in charge of the students of Hogwarts for the most part.
"Hardly see him. It's the Carrows you have to watch out for."
"Carrows?" Harry questioned, which made me roll my eyes but then again I couldn't recall if I'd ever told him the name of the two who'd been torturing the rest of our group.
"Brother and sister in charge of discipline. They like punishment, the Carrows."
"They did that to you?" A flash of Alecto's sinister smile flickered in my mind and I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.
"Today's Dark Arts lesson was practicing the cruciatus curse on first years. I refused. I'd think you knew who they were considering what Alecto did to Delia." Harry looked at me and I pressed my lips together, nodding to acknowledge his uncertainty.
"Blimey, Delia. I should've known, sorry."
"It's okay. Hogwarts has changed." I saw Ron nod out of the corner of my eye and I noticed we had met the end of the tunnel.
"Let's have a bit of fun, shall we?" Neville said, motioning for us to move closer to the left side of the wall. He opened the door and light poured in, the familiar cream pillars of the Room of Requirement in my view.
"Hey, listen up you lot. Got a surprise for you." Hermione gave me a small smile as Neville blocked us from view. I was sure the rest of the DA was here as well and I had a feeling they would be quite happy to see Harry, Ron and Hermione. The only problem was Ginny and I weren't talking so that would be incredibly awkward. I wasn't going to make amends unless she apologized for real this time.
"Not more of Aberforth's cooking I hope. I'd be surprised if we can digest it." Seamus complained, his heavy accent laced in his voice. Neville stepped aside and Harry made his way forward, descending the steps with the rest of us right behind him. Cheers broke out as a number of DA members stood up in astonishment. Although smiles were clearly etched on their faces, many of my peers looked like hell with dark circles under their eyes, cuts and bruises on some amongst other things. Harry was like a gift from above to them right about now. Seamus pulled me into a hug and moved into Ron, clearly not noticing my stomach. Seamus was often oblivious and he also had a short attention span when too many things were happening at once so I wasn't too surprised. Besides, my shirt was loose enough still.
"So what's the plan Harry?" Seamus asked, the other Gryffindors murmuring amongst themselves.
"Okay, there's something we need to find. Something in the castle. It may help defeat You-Know-Who."
"What is it?"
"We don't know."
"Where is it?" Neville asked, crossing his arms. This really didn't seem like it was going anywhere.
"We don't know that either. I realize that's not much to go on." Harry admitted, making a few people shift uncomfortably.
"That's nothing to go on." I furrowed my eyebrows at Seamus and his ability to state the obvious.
"We think it has something to do with Ravenclaw. It'll be small, easily concealed. Any ideas?" Everyone remained silent and a few looked at each other in confusion. I saw Luna open her mouth to say something briefly before closing it again and looking around her. I gave her an encouraging nod and she moved to speak in her soft voice.
"Well there's Rowena Ravenclaw's lost diadem."
"Oh bloody hell here we go." Ron muttered, earning a elbow in his side from me.
"Lost diadem of Ravenclaw? Hasn't anyone heard of it? It's quite famous."
"Yes Luna, but it's been lost for centuries now. No person alive has seen it." Cho Chang said, shaking her head.
"Excuse me, can someone tell me what a bloody diadem is?"
"It's a sort of crown. Like a tiara." As the words left Cho's mouth, the sound of a door closing reached our ears with Ginny coming to the scene. Her eyes glistened slightly as she took in the sight of Harry, clearly thankful he was in one piece.
"Harry." She said softly, her voice thick with emotion. Ron lifted his hand in a wave but Harry and Ginny continued to stare only at each other.
"Hi there." Harry gulped and right then, Ginny and I made eye contact for the first time in weeks. Her lips parted a few millimeters and I could see she was struggling to find words to say. At least she looked somewhat relieved to see us even if we weren't speaking.
"Six months she hasn't seen me and it's like I'm Frankie first year. I'm her brother." Ron's grumbles broke me out of my thoughts and I looked away to his frown.
"She's got lots of those, mate. Only one Harry."
"Shut up, Seamus." I chuckled and Ginny finally opened her mouth to speak again.
"Snape knows. He knows he was spotted in Hogsmeade." We looked at each other in wonder of what actions to take next but I took a step forward.
"We're going to need reinforcements."

"Come on!" Bill beckoned us to catch up to him and the rest of the Order, our feet making little to no sounds against the castle's corridors. I turned my head to look back at the Death Eater we'd just disarmed who was still laying on the ground.
"I think it's time we made an appearance, don't you?" Lupin said, nudging me with a crooked smile on his face. Kingsley Shacklebolt pushed the palatial doors to the Great Hall open, revealing the entire student body lined up strategically.
"It seems despite your exhaustive defensive strategies, you have a bit of a security problem, headmaster." Harry said, a tone of vindictiveness clear in his voice. The Order filed in, spreading out so Snape could see we were here to fight. Fleur was behind me and Bill was to my left, Lupin on my right. I scanned the room for white-blonde hair but Draco was nowhere to be seen. I clenched my teeth and pressed my lips together as I saw the Carrows standing far behind Snape.
"And I'm afraid it's quite extensive. How dare you stand where he stood? Tell them how it happened that night. Tell them how you looked him in the eye, a man that trusted you, and killed him! Tell them." Harry spat angrily, making Snape take out his wand. As if on command, we all raised ours as well as McGonagall pushed Harry to the left, Snape's wand faltering slightly.  Students backed away from the duel near them as McGonagall fired off first, Snape deflecting them weakly. McGonagall continued to send defensive spells his way but I noticed he never sent any himself, blocking them instead. In an instant Snape moved his wand in a circular motion and the Carrows were unconscious on the floor. Did he just? Or was it McGonagall? Snape flew out of the castle through the glass window behind him in a black cloud.
"Coward!" McGonagall shouted, turning around to light the torches around the Great Hall. Many students especially the younger ones cheered but then a feeling I'd never felt before overtook me. It was like I had an immense amount of pressure pulsating in my head and I grabbed the sleeve of Lupin's coat.
"I know that many of you want to fight. Some of you may even think that to fight is wise. But this is folly. Give me Harry Potter and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter, and I will leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter and you will be rewarded. You have one hour." Voldemort's cold, eerie voice coaxed loudly, making sure to make his point to even those who were too young to deal with things of this magnitude. The pressure lifted and I let out a shaky breath, looking as the students backed away from Harry noticeably.
"What are you waiting for? Someone grab him!" Pansy's ever shrill voice said frantically, pointing her slender and crooked finger at Harry. Ginny stood in front of Harry protectively followed by a few more of us and I smirked, until her eyes found mine. Her eyes travelled slowly down to my stomach and my heart rate picked up slightly. She eyed me suspiciously but as the blood drained from my face and I shifted in a weak attempt to act natural, I gave it away. Pansy was practically foaming at the mouth and she took a step towards me when Filch's shouts were heard.
"Students out of bed! Students out of bed! Students in the corridor!"
"They are supposed to be out of bed, you blithering idiot." Professor McGonagall said, putting her hands on her hips.
"Oh sorry ma'am."
"Mr. Filch, as it so happens, your arrival is most opportune. I would like if you please, to lead Miss Parkinson and the rest of Slytherin house from the hall."
"And where is it I would be taking them?"
"The dungeons would do." Filch shouted for Slytherin house to follow him and Pansy never broke her gaze from mine, lifting an eyebrow as she came around my way.
"He'll never be with you now. Thanks for sending him my way again. I won't let him go so easy this time and you can count on that, Edwards." I kept my mouth shut as she lifted her chin victoriously. I gulped, looking down as my eyes watered slightly. She was right. At least I wouldn't have to see them together every day since I would have a child to take care of. Harry approached me and touched my arm softly.
"Keep out of harm's way as much as you can."
"Harry, I-"
"Don't go looking for him. He's caused you to be in enough danger. You two are better off without the bloke." He walked away and I stared as his figure disappeared around the corner, students running to prepare for the battle coming to the castle.