Chapter Twenty-Seven

Hey guys! Enjoy this chapter thank you for your patience(: please comment what you think!

xoxo
______________________

Delia
.
.
.
"How badly are you hurt?" Draco asked, facing the railing of the astronomy tower. I didn't want to worry him too much over the events of yesterday but everyone saw and I'm sure the whole school could guess what happened. The pain was constant but bearable unless I sat down too quickly, which would cause a searing pain on my hip as if I'd gotten burned with a branding iron.
"I'm fine, forget it." I bit my lip and he faced me, clearly not buying it.
"Show me." I took a step back and wiped my sweaty hands on my sides.
"Draco it isn't exactly in a spot that's easily accessible, you know." draco's eyes pleaded with me as he took my hand in his.
"Just show me. I need to know." I sighed and untucked my shirt from my black skirt slowly. I accidentally nudged the stitches and winced in pain. I exposed the stitches to his view and he leaned in closer to examine the wound on my skin. He knelt down to get a better look and gently touched the skin around it, trying to see if it was tender or not.
"You need to go to the hospital wing." He said, and I pulled up my skirt gingerly, fixing my uniform.
"I can't, Draco. Alecto forbid me to go."
"That fucking bitch. I swear I'll-"
"You'll what? If you speak out against it, they'll know we're together. And if they know I won't be able to send word to the Order and Harry. Besides, I'm sure someone will realize I'm a 'mudblood' and they'd kill me, Draco." He sighed in defeat and I placed a small kiss on his lips in an attempt to reassure him.
"I never wanted any of this."
"I know. And there will come a time when you'll have to choose what side to be on and stand up for what's right. I know you'll make the right choice, Draco." I took his face in my hands, rubbing my thumb across his cheek.
"There's good in you, Draco. You're not a bad person. Bad things have happened to you and you've had to make choices to make your situation bearable. But you're good." He smiled weakly and put his left hand over mine that rested on his face while he tucked my hair behind my ear with his other hand.
"You're about the only person that thinks so."
"I don't think that's true. Your mother loves you Draco, and she's been put into the same situation you have. Don't forget that." I pulled away from him and took out the parchment and quill from my bag I was going to use to send Harry a letter.
"I'll leave you to write. I'll see you tomorrow in class?" I nodded and he turned to walk away. Draco stopped mid-step and faced me again with a grin across his face.
"Pink lace looks quite nice on you, by the way." My cheeks turned beet red as he walked away and I scoffed, taken aback by his statement about my underwear. I didn't think he'd seen them and I shook my head, unrolling the parchment.

I hope you're all doing alright. The Order was right. Hogwarts has changed. They have us taking Muggle Studies as a requirement and all they do is talk about how mudbloods are a threat to our world as well as an abomination. I had detention and let's just say their methods aren't like they used to be. Instead of writing lines, I earned myself a nice cut. Don't worry, Ginny stitched me up. We all miss you and hope you're close to finding what you need. Take care of yourselves.
We'll be in touch.
-D

I cast the same enchantment I used on my letters to Draco and sent it off to find Harry.
.
.
.
Muggle Studies came around and I dreaded each step I took towards that class. Draco was waiting for me and looked at me from the corner of his eye.
"Delia." He said coldly.
"Malfoy." I narrowed my eyes at him and sat down as class started. He put his hand on my knee underneath the desk and my lip quivered as I tried to hold back a smile.
"That was very convincing, Draco." I whispered to him softly and he squeezed my knee.

Class passed by ever so slowly and of course it was the same thing as every class; notes followed by Alecto's rant on muggles and mudbloods. The bell rang and I headed to dinner, where Ginny and Neville would be waiting for me. I was approaching the doorway of the Great Hall when I tripped, causing me to stumble. Luckily I didn't fall but I winced as my wound throbbed. I looked around for what I'd tripped over and saw Pansy leaning against the doorway, smirking at me. I stormed over to her, holding back the urge to punch her square in the face.
"Was that your feeble attempt at making me fall, Pansy? You're pathetic."
"Don't worry. I'll get you next time. Better yet, wait until I'm done with you, mudblood. You'll be sorry." She turned on her heels and walked away, leaving me slightly afraid of her statement.

Pansy
.
.
.
That mudblood didn't know what was coming. I smiled to myself as I walked the corridors searching for someone I knew could set my plan in motion. I finally reached the classroom and walked in head held high as the professor graded papers.
"What do you want, Parkinson? I'm in the middle of something much more important than listening to your voice."  Alecto said clearly annoyed. I brushed it off and straightened my posture.
"I have some information you might find interesting."
"I doubt the gossip of school girls will interest me." She didn't look up from the papers and I tapped my foot impatiently.
"Well I guess if you don't want to know that Draco's dating a mudblood, I'll be on my way." I turned around to walk away when I heard the chair scoot back and Alecto grabbed me roughly by the arm.
"What did you say?" I pulled my arm away from her and smiled.
"The Edwards girl. Don't you find it strange that they supposedly hate each other but sit next to each other in class?"
"Is that the only proof you have? Do you think I'm stupid?"
"Wha-"
"Just because the Malfoy boy dumped you doesn't mean you can go around trying to cause a scandal just to make yourself feel better." I glared at her and she returned the favor, sending a chill up my spine.
"I'm not. I'm sure You-Know-Who and Lucius Malfoy would love to hear that you didn't stop that mudblood from bewitching and seducing him to taint the family name." Her pale face went two shades lighter and she grit her teeth.
"Are you threatening me, girl?"
"No, I'm just trying to protect your good name. I'm sure the Dark Lord would be very pleased to hear you killed a mudblood who tried to seduce a pure-blood like we all know they do."
"Leave. I'll keep them under close observation." I grinned and towards the door.
"Good."